Sand game... so addicting... *twitch*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreamOutLoud13

Blue Crack Addict
:crack:

I found something new to be addicted to.

The falling sand game:

http://chir.ag/stuff/sand/

The game has no real object, it's just an addicting "zen garden" type toy. Falling from the top of the screen you have sand, water, salt, and oil. At the bottom, are several tools and variables at the bottom that can be used and adjusted. All the different things in the game interact in some way. The little blob floating around is some kind of slug thing (it grows with water and explodes with salt), and the three question marks cause an explosion that destroys everything except the plants. I think I've pretty much figured out all the interactions in the game, but I. can. not. stop. playing. :crack:

I love the sand game! I've spent waaayyyy too much time with this thing over the summer. :crazy:

sand.jpg

I accidentally lit my plants on fire. But then they grew back. :der:

Okay, I seriously can't stop playing this damn thing.

My newest accomplishment was an "oil garden", I had let a bunch of random plants grow, then I decided to fill the rest of the screen with oil, add a line if cera (wax) at the top (I'm not sure why) and then let it BURRRRRRN:

The fuse is lit:
oil1pc4.gif

I'm melting, I'm melting:
oil2dq9.gif

That oil garden thing looks pretty cool. I tried to play this last night and couldn't do it for more than about 10 minutes.

I guess I don't have the patience to do this kind of thing. :shrug:

DaveC said:
That oil garden thing looks pretty cool. I tried to play this last night and couldn't do it for more than about 10 minutes.

I didn't even last a minute

DaveC said:

Yeah, it held my attention for all of 30 seconds. Good thing, too. I don't have that much time to waste.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
:crack:

I found something new to be addicted to.

The falling sand game:

http://chir.ag/stuff/sand/

The game has no real object, it's just an addicting "zen garden" type toy. Falling from the top of the screen you have sand, water, salt, and oil. At the bottom, are several tools and variables at the bottom that can be used and adjusted. .........
I think I've pretty much figured out all the interactions in the game, but I. can. not. stop. playing. :crack:

:lol:

:love: What fun!!! It's wonderful! :D

just on a quick try i built up a bunch of walls with hills & dips to run & pool the fluids...put plants in in places where they'd follow the water walls etc added floating spoputs

:laugh: weeeeeeeeeee!

Here's something fun you can do with the slug....turn the water on full blast, then let the slug move under it. Then set the slug to stand still....leave it there for a while, maybe grow some plants or something....then after a minute or so, cange the slug back to move..

Enjoy

This thing is friggin awesome! I decided try a little something

Start01.gif

My plan here was to have the sand "color" in his hair. The water would drop down and eccentually fill in the rest of his face by growing the plant. The salt would simply pass through his finger and off his hand. Finally, my fireplace, Cera with a constant stream of oil and a couple water spouts to control the flames. The blue outline of his shirt is actually made up of spouts.

Start02.gif

This is what happens when you don't contain the moving object...it consumed his shirt and grew really big and just destroyed everything! :scream:

Start03.gif

This last pic was to detain the object and destroy it with the salt! :evil:

gonna try again...and I have a couple other ideas too :happy:

^ :lol:!!!

i cant get it to work. its just black screen :hmm:

edit: now its a gray box :hmm:

Last edited:
I usually just turn the slug off, because it ruins everything :grumpy:

Click "Namekuji" at the bottom until it changes to vanish.

EDIT:

bono_212 said:
Here's something fun you can do with the slug....turn the water on full blast, then let the slug move under it. Then set the slug to stand still....leave it there for a while, maybe grow some plants or something....then after a minute or so, cange the slug back to move..

Enjoy
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I am NEVER doing that again.

Last edited:
How is that thing a 'slug'? It's more an annoying blob than anything.

Back
Top Bottom