Sammy Hager vs. David Lee Roth (Let's leave Gary Cherone out of this)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you prefer? Hager vs. Roth

• Sammy Hagar aka "The Red Rocker"

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • David Lee Roth aka "Diamond Dave"

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Both are good/Don't care

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Danospano

Refugee
I just saw Hagar and Roth on their current tour. It was a startling contrast in style. I recommend going to get tickets, but right now I only want to know one thing. Who do you like more?

I should really start proof-reading my posts. I believe Sammy spells his name with two "a"'s, but I couldn't remember.

david lee.

i actually went to the concert earlier this summer. free tickets. it was walking into a time warp.

Going Aug 28 myself...tough to choose, honestly I like both versions of VH.
Thought the music was a bit better during the Roth era (more rocking), and Roth the better showman, but Hagar clearly the better singer.

I know we're not supposed to involve him, but I also saw the Gary Cherone led Van Halen in concert, and was actually quite impressed with Gary, though I thought the album was kinda weak.

Dano, you already know my thoughts on the subject, but I want to enlighten the rest of the readers.

Sammy Hagar blows what's-his-name (just kidding, I know his name, it was printed on my ticket) away. David Lee Roth is a disgusting has-been who needs to rethink his hairstyle. What's up with the skintight shiny blue pants, anyway? Hey, don't point that thing at me! Gross.

Admittedly, I perfer the songs that Van Halen did while Roth was fronting them. But I still think the guy is a freak, and Hagar has a better voice.

Now , now dano:)
Nuno Bettencourt fan here, and Gary is his buddy...but I know what you mean.LMAO If you need further evidence, check out the Freddie Mercury Memorial Concert video. oh Gary, Gary:tsk:

eddie van halen:up:

PS: actually dano...I haven't been able to get the pic attachment working here. Excuse me please while I experiment in your thread...interloper:) has some loose connection to your topic..if you squint your eyes up enough

hmm that didn't work...can't be file size.....damn damn damn!!!

Attachments

• nuno2.jpg
    nuno2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
David Lee is so much better, better singer, better songs, better showman. I saw van Halen 2X's w/ Roth and 2X's with Hagar. No comparison.Roth was Van halen. Eddie is an asshole for breaking up the original and only (real) Van Halen.

Sammy all the way.

DLR was a cool frontman, but little else.

Eddie Van Halen is an asshole for firing Sammy. Now Sammy's cutting albums and touring while Eddie is cutting farts and hiring a divorce lawyer.

Shriek, you're absolutely right about the hairstyle. Roth is amazing and I love listening to his era of Van Halen. It's just that Hagar is equally as charismatic during a live show. His voice has more emotion and his isn't "cock-sure" 100% of the time; Something that Roth can't seem to get rid of, even at the age of 48. He's too old to be acting like a stud. Hagar never filled that image so it's easier for him to get away with the "wild,crazy, tequila drinking, rocker", but Roth was and still is a vain playboy without the goods. That's the truth.

well, I didn't see the roth/hagar show, but I'm sure it was bizarre.
I mean, they played van halen tunes? LOL.

the real question is: what the fuck happened to eddie? I believe now he's got a real problem somehow....I mean, both roth and sammy hate him...and gary cherone?????:no:

van halen was the band that started the whole L.A. rock band thing that spawned all the horse shit after it; i.e. motely crue, poison, warrant, etc. but ediie was always acknowledged as an amazing guitarist, probably the onyl one in rock and roll who took it past hendrix.....and now...who fucking cares about eddie? what a shame.
and the alex van halen/michael anthony team was kickin'.

what a shame.
I bet they don't get inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame.

BRING ON THE BEHIND THE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eeklaugh:

Back
Top Bottom