salome/popmartijn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
despite salome's constant begging, rem refused to play a cover of radiohead's 'creep'.

they never tour anywhere near me. did anyone see their glastonbury performance?

i dont know much about their shows, but the few setlists ive seen of theirs (and live shows ive heard) theyve always ended with end of the world.

is that like their "40" or something?

Finest Worksong is a damn good choice for opener, I must say.

Don't feel bad, yertle. I lived in Athens, Georgia, for two years and have yet to see them perform live or even just see them in person, though my professor lived down the street from one of them and my best friend ran into Michael Stipe every other day downtown. If they'd come tour out my way, I'd definitely go see it.

I went to the tour opener in Utrecht (in a small club of about 800!) and got a different set. So here's my setlist:

Utrecht2.jpg

And a great concert it was too. Drive and Everybody Hurts :drool: Welcome To The Occupation and Electrolite :hyper: and of course the closer ITEOTWAWKI (as I saw it abbreviated somewhere). Indeed, it's more or less their "40". Great song!

C ya!

Marty (off to find a recording of this show)

Popmartijn if you find that Utrecht show, can you tell me where? Even Amsterdam if its just as good! If that's Salome's setlist then its me four lol

Hello,

I went out walking...

So I went looking for recordings of the REM shows. Even though I was only there in Utrecht I wouldn't mind hearing the Amsterdam show too. The good news is that there are recordings of both Utrecht and Amsterdam. I don't know about the quality yet, but at least they exist. Now, I don't have them yet, but I'll be on the lookout for them, trying to get them in a trade. (I hope those REM fans like U2 or Springsteen as I don't have any REM to trade, but I do have lots of U2 and Springsteen shows) It's just that it has been a very busy time the past few weeks (I still need to get out the last ICDE compilation! Pax, if you're reading this, I think I send it out tomorrow, so don't worry). But from next week I'll be trying to obtain those recordings (and I'm talking about the CD's, not mp3's). So I'll let you know in a short while.
BTW, for those wondering, I went to http://www.murmurs.com where I learnt about the recordings on its forum and I've become a member of the remring mailinglist (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/remring/ ). Hopefully I can bring good news soon!

C ya!

Marty

P.S. What am I? Me zero? Me five? :)

Back
Top Bottom