Salma Hayek Pregnant, Engaged!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
Actress Salma Hayek is pregnant with her first child, and she is also engaged.

"Businessman Francois-Henri Pinault and his fiancée, Salma Hayek, are happy to announce they are expecting the arrival of their first child," Hayek's publicist said in a statement Friday.

Pinault is the CEO of PPR, the world's third largest luxury conglomerate, which owns Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, the French department store Printemps, catalog giant La Redoute and the music-bookstore chain FNAC.

The New York Daily News' Gatecrasher columnist Ben Widdicombe broke the news of the pregnancy and engagement via perezhilton.com.

The 40-year-old actress is coming off an exciting Golden Globe win. The hit ABC series Ugly Betty, which she executive produces, won Best Television Series - Musical Or Comedy award.

Hayek dated actor Edward Norton from 1999 - 2003. She then dated actor Josh Lucas for a year, before the pair split in 2004.

"I keep waiting to meet a man who has more balls than I do," she has joked in the past.

The actress has been keeping a low dating profile over the last few years.

"What works in a relationship of very public people is not making the relationship public -- keeping it as personal as it can be. It's the only way it is real," she has said.

"It's a little sad when you have to brag about how much you love someone. That kind of declaration doesn't always reflect the moment of truth between two people who care deeply for each other. When that truth is there, you don't need others to know it."

Congrats to Salma

people.com has this photo of her today

salma_hayek.jpg

This is her fiancee

salma_hayek180.jpg

She's so beautiful

Salma doesn't strike me as the kind of woman who cares only about someone's looks (uh, Ugly Betty is one clue). He must be a special guy too to have the love of a woman like her.

She is the most beautiful woman in the world and she settles for a middle-age schlub like that???!!!

:huh:

This gives me hope.....

Okay, maybe not..

Windmilllane said:
She is the most beautiful woman in the world and she settles for a middle-age schlub like that???!!!

:huh:

This gives me hope.....

Okay, maybe not..

Yeah just become a billionaire and you'll be alright

I had no idea Salma was involved in producing the Ugly Betty Show! (I obviously don't watch it or pay much attention). I'm happy for her but I don't think she and the baby's father have to rush to get married just because she's preggers.

BrownEyedBoy said:
In the immortal words of Ice Cube "Sometimes I used to wonder, how the hell an ugly dude get a fine girl´s number?"

Maybe because he's a more interesting, intelligent person than the usual self-absorbed fuckwits you get in Hollywood?

I posted this in the celeb baby thread here yesterday. Couldn't believe she is 40. Thought she was younger.

He reminds me a bit of that bloke who plays the new Bond, Daniel Craig, in some pictures.

Salma Hayek is the hottest thing ever. :drool:

And, as Windmilllane said, these kinds of threads give me a lot of hope. :happy:

My bf loves Salma and when I told him she was pregnant and engaged, he said: "I can explain, Flavia. We both were very drunk and one thing led to another...". :lol:

Back
Top Bottom