Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
I'd prefer to be in a band than have, as you put it, "a lady friend" right now.

Stole that title from LMP, who calls his girlfriend his "lady friend."

I play guitar AND song write, so it's frustrating to sit here with nothing to do, especially while a couple of guys I know are in a band.

Playing a live show is one of my dreams.

phillyfan26 said:

Stole that title from LMP, who calls his girlfriend his "lady friend."

I play guitar AND song write, so it's frustrating to sit here with nothing to do, especially while a couple of guys I know are in a band.

Playing a live show is one of my dreams.

I think you will get to be in a band one day. At worst I'm sure in college you'll find equally talented and interested people.

I wish I could play guitar too. I mean, I play, but it's not like I actually know what I'm doing. :wink:

In all honesty, I think if I learn scales and I improve my form, I'll be decent.

I wish I could play piano just to be a badass like Edge, playing guitar and piano simultaneously.

Screwtape2 said:

Do you have much of a singing voice or growl? :wink:

I'd love to play piano but it is far too complex for me.

My black metal rasp isn't too bad, actually.

Liam and I have spoken of recording a parody black metal album. He'd do guitars while I'd do vocals and "drums" (I'll whack drumsticks on books for that ultra-thin, insubstantial sound). We'll credit somebody as playing bass but not include anything.

phillyfan26 said:
I wish I could play guitar too. I mean, I play, but it's not like I actually know what I'm doing. :wink:

In all honesty, I think if I learn scales and I improve my form, I'll be decent.

I used to play, but I've pretty much forgotten everything now. And I don't know anybody who'd want to form a band, nor am I outgoing enough to take the initiative myself.

Axver said:

I used to play, but I've pretty much forgotten everything now. And I don't know anybody who'd want to form a band, nor am I outgoing enough to take the initiative myself.

The question really is, how many U2 songs could you play?

P.S.: I'm about to hit 15,000 posts.

That officially makes me a blue crack addict, so they say.

phillyfan26 said:

The question really is, how many U2 songs could you play?

I can remember doing 11 O'clock Tick Tock, An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, I Will Follow, and New Year's Day. I had a shot at a good number of others from the early days too.

My two favorites to play are The Electric Co. and Until the End of the World. Especially the latter.

phillyfan26 said:
P.S.: I'm about to hit 15,000 posts.

That officially makes me a blue crack addict, so they say.

It better be a good post.

: pressure :

phillyfan26 said:
My two favorites to play are The Electric Co. and Until the End of the World. Especially the latter.

Ah, yeah, I gave TEC a shot too. Never tried UTEOTW. I found most of the post-War stuff to be too hard.

Bono hates Detroit. On the Elevation Tour, he called it "Detroit, Michigan", and on the War Tour, in TEC, he snippets California, Here I Come.

Axver said:
Bono hates Detroit. On the Elevation Tour, he called it "Detroit, Michigan", and on the War Tour, in TEC, he snippets California, Here I Come.

Wait, no he doesn't.

Mislabelled bootlegs for the EPIC PHAIL. :mad:

This was just 1985-05-30, Devore, labelled as 1983-05-20, Detroit. :down:

Axver said:

I saw the edit, but, still, why would that be wrong?

phillyfan26 said:

I saw the edit, but, still, why would that be wrong?

God, I'm having a bad day. Or maybe a good geography day. Bono did "Detroit, Ohio", not the correct "Detroit, Michigan". And the War one would've been bad because it'd be just a bit of a slap in the face to the Michigan crowd to yell out "California, here I come!" during TEC.

phillyfan26 said:

I am the Third Revelation.

You are a false prophet, God is a superstition.

I haven't listened to a U2 boot in a long time. Maybe I should dig one or two up and listen soon.

Screwtape2 said:
Pfan, who else do you need to talk to about the David Bowie survivor?

I wanted to affirm that people like LeMel and LMP, who frequent that thread, would be down with our survivor.

It's pretty far out, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom