Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Axver, I imported your playlist today. It's growling at me like a mean, barking dog.

the tourist said:
Hey Axver, I imported your playlist today. It's growling at me like a mean, barking dog.

:lol:

I, uh, hope you enjoy it ...

Does anyone know how long Varitek's gonna be away? I only ask cuz I want a timeline for how long I get to run away from her on postcount.

Axver said:

:lol:

I, uh, hope you enjoy it ...

:lol: Well I'm sure I know what to expect as I listened to that Agalloch album. Kinda surprised, though, to see no Alcest.

the tourist said:
Does anyone know how long Varitek's gonna be away? I only ask cuz I want a timeline for how long I get to run away from her on postcount.

Pretty sure she's getting her new computer sometime this week, so not too much longer now.

the tourist said:

:lol: Well I'm sure I know what to expect as I listened to that Agalloch album. Kinda surprised, though, to see no Alcest.

Eh, only tracks 7, 19, and 23 have the death growls.

My tracklist is depressing. Alcest's music is positive. They don't go together in any way, shape, or form.

Axver said:

Eh, only tracks 7, 19, and 23 have the death growls.

My tracklist is depressing. Alcest's music is positive. They don't go together in any way, shape, or form.

Are the lyrics positive? I think the sound is very neutral.

the tourist said:

Are the lyrics positive? I think the sound is very neutral.

Apparently the lyrics are based on a kind of fantasy land from Neige's childhood imagination. So the lyrics are nostalgic, innocent, childlike; an attempt to recapture what he remembers and felt. Shame I don't speak French!

I find Tir Nan Og in particular to be an incredibly positive and uplifting song, even without an understanding of the lyrics.

the tourist said:

Ahhh, I see. I've been pronouncing it "al-chest"

I've looked for how to pronounce it and what it means, but haven't found anything.

the tourist said:
Terrance?
:hmm:

i just refuse to believe someone's legal name is terry. it's possible i guess, but names like cathy, mike, pat, bob...those are all short for something else. 99.99999% of the time, their legal name is something else. oh well, if this person gets hassled at the airport, it won't be my fault.

KhanadaRhodes said:
does anyone know what the hell name terry is short for? for either a guy or girl? wtf.

As Andrew said, Terrence. But all the people named Terry I've known have been just Terry and it's not short for anything.

Frankly, I don't really differentiate between the songs when I listen because I've only listened to it while working.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hmm:

i just refuse to believe someone's legal name is terry. it's possible i guess, but names like cathy, mike, pat, bob...those are all short for something else. 99.99999% of the time, their legal name is something else. oh well, if this person gets hassled at the airport, it won't be my fault.

I have an uncle named Bob (Robert) and his wife is Bobbie (Roberta).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom