Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec Superthread - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #571
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:20 AM
... just got an error message trying to download BonoIsMyMuse's first portion. Says the file isn't found and to ask the user to reupload.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #572
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:20 AM
Yeah, there's a problem with both of her links. She's going to do new links and send them over tonight.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #573
Blue Crack Addict

Sweet. I wonder if Lance's gonna re-upload his rights-protected songs. It seemed like it when I let him know.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #574
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

If it comes out on DVD, I'll watch it then.
I'd love a DVD release. Musically, it was better than I expected it would be, and in terms of editing cohesion, it really is such a huge improvement over what we've been given by Hamish Hamilton lately!

It'd be nice to just have it in regular 2D. If you don't wear the 3D glasses, it's out of focus and blurry; I kept the 3D glasses on as it kept everything in focus (albeit 2D), but I felt the colour was less sharp and my eyes got really sore and strained after about 15 minutes or so. So a standard 2D release would suit me down to the ground.

I really am quite jealous of everybody else who was able to enjoy it in full.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-09-2008, 01:16 PM   #575
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I'd love a DVD release. Musically, it was better than I expected it would be, and in terms of editing cohesion, it really is such a huge improvement over what we've been given by Hamish Hamilton lately!

It'd be nice to just have it in regular 2D. If you don't wear the 3D glasses, it's out of focus and blurry; I kept the 3D glasses on as it kept everything in focus (albeit 2D), but I felt the colour was less sharp and my eyes got really sore and strained after about 15 minutes or so. So a standard 2D release would suit me down to the ground.

I really am quite jealous of everybody else who was able to enjoy it in full.
If released on DVD, it should be released in both formats, with two pairs of 3D glasses included.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #576
Blue Crack Addict

I discovered, interestingly (and unobservantly), that in my entire musical life, I've always thought Peter Gabriel and Peter Frampton was the same person. Every time I heard one name or the other, I identified the name with "that guy who plays guitar through a vocoder/talk-box," which happens to actually be Peter Frampton. Every time I've ever seen Peter Gabriel's name in print, I've thought of Frampton. Damn Peters from the 1970s.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #577
Blue Crack Addict

Anyway, NOW I'm actually off to school.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #578
Vocal parasite

Quote:

If released on DVD, it should be released in both formats, with two pairs of 3D glasses included.
Except that would be fucking useless for regular TVs that lack the 3D technology.

If I'm not grossly mistaken about how all this works, a DVD release would have to be standard 2D.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #579
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Anyway, NOW I'm actually off to school.
Have a good one.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #580
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Except that would be fucking useless for regular TVs that lack the 3D technology.

If I'm not grossly mistaken about how all this works, a DVD release would have to be standard 2D.
No, no. I've seen 3D stuff on regular tv before. It works. Just not quite as well.

See ya.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #581
Vocal parasite

I must admit, this whole complete vision suckage experience has kicked me down a bit and I'm wondering what the world must look like to the rest of you. I can't even grasp it.

I remember last year, Kate and I were walking along a street after dark and she didn't have her contacts in. She remarked that all the lights were out of focus, and rather than being a pinpoint of light, there were points of light streaming out from streetlights and car headlights and stuff. I was stunned. That's how I see all light; corrective technology does nothing for it. In primary school during boring assemblies, I used to pass the time by playing with the light streaming in through the windows; close one eye a bit and see how the angle changed, that sort of thing. I didn't realise this was abnormal. I thought that's how everybody saw.

Obviously, shit vision is all I know. I can't even imagine how things might otherwise appear. But damn, tonight's got me wishing that I could. So that's why I'm sitting here rather than getting the sleep I urgently need!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #582
Vocal parasite

Quote:

No, no. I've seen 3D stuff on regular tv before. It works. Just not quite as well.

See ya.
Isn't this completely new 3D technology though, some further development of the old stuff? I mean, it can only be shown in certain cinemas equipped with the technology to screen it, so I don't see how a regular TV is meant to be able to handle it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #583
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

It's all about that wing
i've flown on that very plane (northwest and all) many, many times.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #584
Vocal parasite

OK, I should get to sleep.

It's been a really lovely evening, vision aside. Everybody was truly awesome and the music was great and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Thanks everyone for a great time.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #585
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:20 AM
Quote:
fuck my vision. Fuck it to hell.
just out of curiosity, did you put the 3D glasses over your regular glasses? cuz that's what i did. although i know things are blurry for you regardless

Tags
superthread