Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read about LM wanting to do an indie playlist next DI. I might just have to make my own. :wink:

the tourist said:
I just read about LM wanting to do an indie playlist next DI. I might just have to make my own. :wink:

Go back a page and tell me what you think of THAT idea. :lol:

Axver said:
Hi folks. :wave:

Axver, tell me this isn't the greatest idea ever for a playlist:

LemonMelon said:

I've had this long-running idea to record a 160 minute song, come up with a fake band name, enter it in, and see how it does. It would be hilarious if I got a vote.

LemonMelon said:
What I'm going to do is, I'm going to make 4 separate tracks of around 38 minutes in length, and come up with different band/album names for them. I'll mask my voice with vocoder effects, and each track will be equally obscure and bizarre. I may do that Metal Machine Music thing for one of them. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Monolithic Eyeball of The Silmarillion will be a Yes-inspired prog rock band from Arizona.

Octavium will be a British death metal band with progressive influences.

Ue˜Ú will be an Icelandic post-rock group whose vocals are very much akin to seagulls.

Haimerej will be an American band whose members' faces were melted in a tragic glue-sniffing accident and, as a result, never appear in public. They make avant garde musique concrete.

LemonMelon said:

So I have your blessing? You did inspire it, after all. :wink:

Doooo iiiiiit.

I want to see if you can make it good enough that it at least approaches as good as it would be if it were legit. Because it sounds fucking awesome.

I made a Halloween mix once of a bunch of songs and movie clips edited together with lots of effects and reverb and delay on the speaking in the movies. It was creepy. It's only 57 minutes or so, though.

Axver said:

Doooo iiiiiit.

I want to see if you can make it good enough that it at least approaches as good as it would be if it were legit. Because it sounds fucking awesome.

Oh, it'll be very realistic. Acoustic guitars, bad flute sounds, and crappy prog lyrics for one band, growling heavy metal for another, heavily-layered arctic post-rock for another, and me just basically fucking around in the studio for 38 minutes for another.

I hope you don't mind, but Octavium's album will be titled TH15 15 P3RM4N3NC3 after your playlist. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
I hope you don't mind, but Octavium's album will be titled TH15 15 P3RM4N3NC3 after your playlist. :wink:

What the fuck don't you like about that? I think it fits the playlist's theme rather nicely, sounds pretty good, and is drawn from one of the songs.

Plus it's 10,000x better than any of the earlier titles. I hate coming up with titles.

Anyway, I'm off to university now. See you folks in six hours. :wave:

Question: Wild Eyed Boy from Freecloud appeared on Space Oddity, so does the B-side version really need to count towards the B-side list?

There are a ton of these.

I know you want it to be an even number, so, instead of breaking them up into two, should be keep it as one big thing or split them in three by era?

phillyfan26 said:
There are a ton of these.

I know you want it to be an even number, so, instead of breaking them up into two, should be keep it as one big thing or split them in three by era?

Keep it as one big thing. I'm guessing not too many of these songs are going to be known by the forum. Thinning it out would make the rounds near impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom