Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

hehe, i don't have a fear of it per se, but the tracks i usually want to use tend to be your typical song length. next time around though, i might have to dig up a song i have that's 15 minutes long, for the hell of it.

Yeah, "fear" is probably pushing it. :wink:

I've had this long-running idea to record a 160 minute song, come up with a fake band name, enter it in, and see how it does. It would be hilarious if I got a vote.

LemonMelon said:
I've had this long-running idea to record a 160 minute song, come up with a fake band name, enter it in, and see how it does. It would be hilarious if I got a vote.
:lol: i'd vote for it, just out of principle. that'd be pure badassery.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i'd vote for it, just out of principle. that'd be pure badassery.

For the record, it would be completely prog. I'm talking 56 minute guitar solos, lyrics about pterodactyls and shit...Axver would prefer it over my current list, definitely. :yes:

LemonMelon said:

For the record, it would be completely prog. I'm talking 56 minute guitar solos, lyrics about pterodactyls and shit...Axver would prefer it over my current list, definitely. :yes:

:lol: That'd be hilariously amazing.

I think I'm going to do that. Seriously. I'll make one fake list of bad prog songs and try to enter it in. If it's rejected, I'll have my other one handy. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, "fear" is probably pushing it. :wink:

You should make it a continuous loop of 2 minutes of guitar influenced by Metal Machine Music :wink:

What I'm going to do is, I'm going to make 4 separate tracks of around 38 minutes in length, and come up with different band/album names for them. I'll mask my voice with vocoder effects, and each track will be equally obscure and bizarre. I may do that Metal Machine Music thing for one of them. :wink:

Metal Machine Music made me want to cry...lol

I could enter a weirder song than you, I recorded one with my friend once that was like 3 minutes, 7 guitar layers all with so much effects that nothing sounded like a guitar, for the most part. Sounded like something out of a horror movie :drool:

I have an effect that infinitely loops guitar notes, so it's in the cards. This will be a lot of fun.

Now, let's just keep this on the down-low. :tongue: People will forget a year from now, I'm sure. :uhoh:

Just distort the vocals enough to make them impossible to make out and then all you have to do is try to sound epic:wink:

onebloodonelife said:

:lol:

And how are you John?

I'm grand, thanks you?

By the way I'm going to see Anti-Flag in a month

Irishteen said:
Just distort the vocals enough to make them impossible to make out and then all you have to do is try to sound epic:wink:

He makes a good point. It doesn't really matter what you say, as long as it sounds epic.

Irishteen said:

I'm grand, thanks you?

By the way I'm going to see Anti-Flag in a month

Fabulous! I'm seeing Bob Saget do his stand-up routine on Friday night. (Yes, that Bob Saget a.k.a. Danny Tanner from Full House, but he does absolutely raunchy stand-up.) I'm looking forward to having all of my childhood views of the world crushed in an hour.

:rockon: I'm seeing them on Tuesday! You'll love 'em. Although, I didn't really like their new album at all...but, nonetheless, they put on a good fist pumping show.

onebloodonelife said:

He makes a good point. It doesn't really matter what you say, as long as it sounds epic.

Unless you sound really idiotic then you just fail :wink:

onebloodonelife said:

Fabulous! I'm seeing Bob Saget do his stand-up routine on Friday night. (Yes, that Bob Saget a.k.a. Danny Tanner from Full House, but he does absolutely raunchy stand-up.) I'm looking forward to having all of my childhood views of the world crushed in an hour.

:rockon: I'm seeing them on Tuesday! You'll love 'em. Although, I didn't really like their new album at all...but, nonetheless, they put on a good fist pumping show.

Awesome

and I haven't heard the new album but they're playing their concert here the day after my exams end so they're my end of first year of college celebration :wink:

Last edited:
Irishteen said:

How do you like these as the band names:

Monolithic Eyeball of The Silmarillion
Octavium
Ue˜Ú
Haimerej

Irishteen said:

:lmao:

Which definitely can happen. Example: In the rock history class I'm taking, we're doing extreme metal week right now, and they just sound stupid while trying to get all of their pent-up adolescent boy angst out...and end up failing epically.

Not quite the same thing...but oh well. :wink:

Irishteen said:

Awesome

and I haven't heard the new album but they're playing their concert here the day after my exams end so they're my end of first year of college celebration :wink:

Even better!

onebloodonelife said:

Which definitely can happen. Example: In the rock history class I'm taking, we're doing extreme metal week right now, and they just sound stupid while trying to get all of their pent-up adolescent boy angst out...and end up failing epically.

Rock History Class?! What school do you go to? :wink:

onebloodonelife said:

I think we should make a group effort to write the worst song ever :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

Perfect prog name. :wink:

Monolithic Eyeball of The Silmarillion will be a Yes-inspired prog rock band from Arizona.

Octavium will be a British death metal band with progressive influences.

Ue˜Ú will be an Icelandic post-rock group whose vocals are very much akin to seagulls.

Haimerej will be an American band whose members' faces were melted in a tragic glue-sniffing accident and, as a result, never appear in public. They make avant garde musique concrete.

Screwtape2 said:

Rock History Class?! What school do you go to? :wink:

University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. I actually took a class last semester about listening to rock music (sounds, contexts, etc.), am taking another class this semester called the Anthropology of Hip-Hop, and I'll be taking a class next year called Music as Discourse. :wink:

We have some kick-ass course selections. :rockon:

LemonMelon said:

Monolithic Eyeball of The Silmarillion will be a Yes-inspired prog rock band from Arizona.

Ue˜Ú will be an Icelandic post-rock group whose vocals are very much akin to seagulls.

Haimerej will be an American band whose members' faces were melted in a tragic glue-sniffing accident and, as a result, never appear in public. They make avant garde musique concrete.

Perfect.

And, yes, I agree with John, how horrible a song can we make? :wink:

LemonMelon said:

You should have Gabrielvox's band as one of your artist. \

"Hey great song, gvox."

"Umm...thanks."

onebloodonelife said:

University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. I actually took a class last semester about listening to rock music (sounds, contexts, etc.), am taking another class this semester called the Anthropology of Hip-Hop, and I'll be taking a class next year called Music as Discourse. :wink:

We have some kick-ass course selections. :rockon:

That is one awesome college. :wink:

onebloodonelife said:

Perfect.

And, yes, I agree with John, how horrible a song can we make? :wink:

I'm open to as many suggestions as you can dish out. This will be the greatest prank pulled on this forum since Kunstmuseum, and I want it to be exactly right.

I need to start on myspace pages soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom