Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

More acoustic, darker, dirtier. No longer so much in the realm of upbeat. Usage of other instruments (violins, mellotron, etc).

OK, cool. That's what I thought.

LemonMelon said:

I'm a big fan and have seen them live. What are you listening to, specifically?
Current song: War on War

But I've been listening to Yankee Foxtrot Hotel.

KhanadaRhodes said:
how does my work keyboard get so dusty when i'm the only one who uses it? :scratch:

It's because you don't pour enough orange juice on it. :tsk:

Anyway, I gotta get going. I've got another band practice and then gotta go see the musical my girlfriend's performing in. Tonight is opening night, so I gotta make sure I'm there!

LemonMelon said:

Yes. But it's better than THIS IS PERMANENCE or THRUST INTO THE INFINITE. :wink:

:lmao:

What about Painless Re-Entry? And I'm not too impressed with LMP's, either. :lol:

Oh shit! That movie came out yesterday! I need to pick it up soon!

KhanadaRhodes said:

although i like anything with the word thrust in it :drool:

My best friend's wife hates the words "moist" and "thrust"--it is now my goal in life to write a song called "Moist Thrust"

:lol: i don't like coming up with titles, i'd be happy just titling them "desert island #" but i feel like that's not kosher. maybe i will start doing that in the future though.

at least in my case, i picked song titles from the songs i used :shrug:

I just wanted to have some way of discerning that certain pairs of my playlist went together.

the tourist said:
:lol: the character lily (played by allison hanigan) on that show hates the word moist. she's married to marshall (played by uhhh...the dude who's in that movie something with some chick's name in it) in the show. his best friend's name is ted. so there you go.

:wave: bye tourist!

the tourist said:

:lmao:

What about Painless Re-Entry? And I'm not too impressed with LMP's, either. :lol:

Oh shit! That movie came out yesterday! I need to pick it up soon!

I'm really, really glad I kept mine untitled right now.

The next one will be: UNTITLED DESERT ISLAND PROJECT #000-038

Oh, and my next list will have a musical theme: WEIRD AS FUCK. I'm going to dig down into the deepest depths of my indieness and bring out some really strange, obscure music. Looking forward to making that.

yeah, i'm gonna do something similar as well. i plan on pulling out the music that's gonna make people go "wtf?!" some people might like it of course, but no one will expect ME to like it, aside those on here who really know me and my music tastes. i'm not all about the 80s new wave, you know :wink:

for that one, i only wish we'd be allowed to use more than one song per artist, because i can already thing of a couple artists i'd like to use, and two songs i'd love to use by them. just two of course, i wouldn't want to turn it into a huge (insert group here) wankfest or something. there'd be variety, just maybe two songs by two groups.

I have this fear of using long tracks, but I'm going to break that for the next playlist. Maybe I'll use 35 songs instead of 44. :wink: It's really vague, but I'm glad others have a similar mindset. I know Axver said he'll try something similar.

LemonMelon said:
I have this fear of using long tracks, but I'm going to break that for the next playlist. Maybe I'll use 35 songs instead of 44. :wink: It's really vague, but I'm glad others have a similar mindset. I know Axver said he'll try something similar.
hehe, i don't have a fear of it per se, but the tracks i usually want to use tend to be your typical song length. next time around though, i might have to dig up a song i have that's 15 minutes long, for the hell of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom