Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

I'd do more of a music concept, less of a storyline concept.

Cool. I don't care for those much myself, because I prize variety over many things. If they all have something connecting them musically- for 2(+) hours - yeah, it's a bit too samey. Plus, I like taking songs that should have nothing to do with each other and making them work together.

Screwtape2 said:

See I love female artists so I might really like your playlist.

It's a shame you're only allowed one song of each artist...and even this far out i don't want to pack it with U2, but there's a lot of Brooke Fraser in particular i could easily put in my rough idea.

LemonMelon said:

Cool. I don't care for those much myself, because I prize variety over many things. If they all have something connecting them musically- for 2(+) hours - yeah, it's a bit too samey. Plus, I like taking songs that should have nothing to do with each other and making them work together.

Gotta split it up into sections. I dabbled in that, but had no clear theme this time other than one is Shoegazy/New Wavey, one is really Poppy, and one is really Earthy.

the tourist said:

Gotta split it up into sections. I dabbled in that, but had no clear theme this time other than one is Shoegazy/New Wavey, one is really Poppy, and one is really Earthy.

So the titles of each section are, in fact, really bad puns? :lol:

LemonMelon said:

You'd better fucking read it before you vote against me. :grumpy:

Seeing as yours is the best of the music so far, I don't see that happening.

LemonMelon said:

Let me get this straight...

Shoes = shoegazey
Soda = pop
Earth = earthy

Well, not so shoegazy--more like modern new wave with a couple shoegaze songs. And as for the pop stuff, it's more just upbeat rock. But earthy is pretty dead on.

Anyway, as for mine, I thought they spoke for themselves. I don't like having bullshit pretentious titles. I like to fucking state what it is.

the tourist said:

Well, not so shoegazy--more like modern new wave with a couple shoegaze songs. And as for the pop stuff, it's more just upbeat rock. But earthy is pretty dead on.

What does "earthy" sound like? :huh:

the tourist said:
Anyway, as for mine, I thought they spoke for themselves. I don't like having bullshit pretentious titles. I like to fucking state what it is.

*cough*Axver - SO THIS IS PERMANENCE*cough*

LemonMelon said:

What does "earthy" sound like? :huh:

More acoustic, darker, dirtier. No longer so much in the realm of upbeat. Usage of other instruments (violins, mellotron, etc).

KhanadaRhodes said:

shit, i totally forgot to look. i could tell you how much is on my ipod since i have that with me, but like we discussed it wouldn't be the same as my itunes.
Right. You phail. :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom