Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... just got an error message trying to download BonoIsMyMuse's first portion. Says the file isn't found and to ask the user to reupload.

:up: Sweet. I wonder if Lance's gonna re-upload his rights-protected songs. It seemed like it when I let him know.

the tourist said:

If it comes out on DVD, I'll watch it then. :up:

I'd love a DVD release. Musically, it was better than I expected it would be, and in terms of editing cohesion, it really is such a huge improvement over what we've been given by Hamish Hamilton lately!

It'd be nice to just have it in regular 2D. If you don't wear the 3D glasses, it's out of focus and blurry; I kept the 3D glasses on as it kept everything in focus (albeit 2D), but I felt the colour was less sharp and my eyes got really sore and strained after about 15 minutes or so. So a standard 2D release would suit me down to the ground.

I really am quite jealous of everybody else who was able to enjoy it in full.

Axver said:

I'd love a DVD release. Musically, it was better than I expected it would be, and in terms of editing cohesion, it really is such a huge improvement over what we've been given by Hamish Hamilton lately!

It'd be nice to just have it in regular 2D. If you don't wear the 3D glasses, it's out of focus and blurry; I kept the 3D glasses on as it kept everything in focus (albeit 2D), but I felt the colour was less sharp and my eyes got really sore and strained after about 15 minutes or so. So a standard 2D release would suit me down to the ground.

I really am quite jealous of everybody else who was able to enjoy it in full.

If released on DVD, it should be released in both formats, with two pairs of 3D glasses included. :shrug:

I discovered, interestingly (and unobservantly), that in my entire musical life, I've always thought Peter Gabriel and Peter Frampton was the same person. Every time I heard one name or the other, I identified the name with "that guy who plays guitar through a vocoder/talk-box," which happens to actually be Peter Frampton. Every time I've ever seen Peter Gabriel's name in print, I've thought of Frampton. Damn Peters from the 1970s. :madspit:

the tourist said:

If released on DVD, it should be released in both formats, with two pairs of 3D glasses included. :shrug:

Except that would be fucking useless for regular TVs that lack the 3D technology.

If I'm not grossly mistaken about how all this works, a DVD release would have to be standard 2D.

Axver said:

Except that would be fucking useless for regular TVs that lack the 3D technology.

If I'm not grossly mistaken about how all this works, a DVD release would have to be standard 2D.

No, no. I've seen 3D stuff on regular tv before. It works. Just not quite as well.

:wave: See ya.

I must admit, this whole complete vision suckage experience has kicked me down a bit and I'm wondering what the world must look like to the rest of you. I can't even grasp it.

I remember last year, Kate and I were walking along a street after dark and she didn't have her contacts in. She remarked that all the lights were out of focus, and rather than being a pinpoint of light, there were points of light streaming out from streetlights and car headlights and stuff. I was stunned. That's how I see all light; corrective technology does nothing for it. In primary school during boring assemblies, I used to pass the time by playing with the light streaming in through the windows; close one eye a bit and see how the angle changed, that sort of thing. I didn't realise this was abnormal. I thought that's how everybody saw.

Obviously, shit vision is all I know. I can't even imagine how things might otherwise appear. But damn, tonight's got me wishing that I could. So that's why I'm sitting here rather than getting the sleep I urgently need! :lol:

the tourist said:

No, no. I've seen 3D stuff on regular tv before. It works. Just not quite as well.

:wave: See ya.

Isn't this completely new 3D technology though, some further development of the old stuff? I mean, it can only be shown in certain cinemas equipped with the technology to screen it, so I don't see how a regular TV is meant to be able to handle it.

coolian2 said:
1332190.jpg

It's all about that wing :drool:
i've flown on that very plane (northwest and all) many, many times.

OK, I should get to sleep.

It's been a really lovely evening, vision aside. Everybody was truly awesome and the music was great and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Thanks everyone for a great time.

:wave:

I once had 1/5th your posts, Khan. Now I have 1/3. Give my 8 months and I'll have 1/2.

I miss Dalton, Unico, and NSW keeping these things going in the morning. Oh, and Varitek. And where the fuck is Ian? He's rarely around during the times Americans are awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom