saddest cartoon ever.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
this is what happened
when we realized we weren't six anymore.

calvintheendty5.jpg

i don't know why someone had to go and make this.

it's awful.

and yet i posted it anyway.

it's brilliant in a sadistic way.

i'm not sure if sadistic is the right word.
BUT IT IS A WORD.

It's almost as bad as the fake Calvin pissing on something, slapped on the back of someone's lame-ass truck. :(

Or maybe that one's worse. Yeah, I think that one's worse.

This fake is brilliant and painful because there's a whole lotta truth in it.

LemonMelon said:
1165199099794.png

Can someone tell me why this is funny?

Garfield is never, ever funny. Even if it has a different cat in it. It's still never, ever funny.

Never.

Ever.

Nuh-uh.

corianderstem said:

Garfield is never, ever funny. Even if it has a different cat in it. It's still never, ever funny.

Never.

Ever.

Nuh-uh.

But why did John turn into a cat for no reason? :no:

Someone hold me...I'm really scared now. :ohmy:

corianderstem said:

Never.

Ever.

Nuh-uh.

Exactly. (Although I must say, the cat macro on Jon's face made me laugh)

The saddest thing about the fake cartoon in the original post; "& Hobbes" is removed, and Hobbes is just a stuffed toy in the final frame. I still remember when I stopped dragging around my pink panther, when he became just a stuffed toy to me... And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, no-one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Oh, to be a kid again.

Zoomerang96 said:
this is what happened
when we realized we weren't six anymore.

calvintheendty5.jpg

I think the cartoon is sad in the sense that people (like Calvin)acccept the loss of youth and all the things that one holds dear during it when in actuality they continue to be a part of you. Hobbes will always be a part of Calvin and the two will always have that connection. He isn't simply a stuffed animal when one considers all the things that he has taught and been taught by Calvin. Hobbes is as alive as Calvin and in old age looking back, Calvin will realize this. There is no such thing as a loss of youth only a forgetting of it in adulthood. Anyways, sorry for the rant.

Is the comic trying to say that Calvin started taking some kind of meds and now concentrates more on his schoolwork than his best "imaginary" friend, and for this reason Hobbes turns back into a stuffed animal in the final frame? because if so...that is so so sad

elevation2u said:
Garfield is funny
well at least the comic strip portion of it
never saw the cartoon and certainly never watched the movie
:angry:

The old Saturday morning show from the early 90's that also had that Acres pig was hilarious. I always thought the writers were brilliant and their humor wasted on little kids who didn't appeciate it as much.

The Calvin and Hobbes thing was sad, it's like Puff the magic dragon. No one should ever let the cruel real world ruin their imagination:(

gez.....I was already depressed before I opened this thread. lol now I wish I hadn't! That's so sad, the first thing I noticed too was that it was just "Calvin". Thought that was odd....then at the end with him as a stuffed animal again.....damn...:sad:

I finally get the joke of the original comic (I'm not a C&H fan, so it took me a while to get the stuffed animal thing).

:huh: That is really depressing. :(

Wow...

That was incredily depressing and sad, but very smart. That last cell is heartbreaking! I don't know the comic though... what is it?

Originally posted by Kiki
gez.....I was already depressed before I opened this thread. lol now I wish I hadn't! That's so sad, the first thing I noticed too was that it was just "Calvin". Thought that was odd....then at the end with him as a stuffed animal again.....damn...

Yeah so was I... I've had a shit of a day. I need a pick-me-up, not this.

But how sad :sad:

Is there anything wrong with the cartoonist?

I have a stuffed bear called Teddy. I've had Teddy since the day I was born, and to this day I still sleep with Teddy there. If he's on the floor I won't try and go to sleep unless Ted's with me.

elevated_u2_fan said:
You want to talk about not funny?

What the fuck is up with the Family Circus or Marmaduke?

Are they supposed to be funny?

Cus’ they’re not, in the slightest... :angry:

You ever read Fred Bassett?

Back
Top Bottom