Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I passed 7 posts per day! That's pretty good seeing as I didn't post for 2 years straight!

Evening, folks. :wave:

Melbourne's temperature today was perfect ... :drool:

phillyfan26 said:
There's an incredible homeless population there. Lots of people wanting money. Led to a lot of interesting interactions.

This sort of thing scared me when I was in the US. I encountered the same amount of homeless people in my six weeks in the US as I've ever encountered in my entire time in Australia and New Zealand. I'm sure we have plenty of our own, the statistics say so, but they certainly don't harass me like the ones in the US did ...

the tourist said:
This PT album (Metanoia) is fucking trippy.

Phanan's right in that you really only listen to it once. If I remember correctly, it was the band jamming during the Signify sessions.

I'm surprised you chose to listen to it, of all things. :lol:

The Sad Punk said:
So I skipped Tafe today and bought a hat instead. I think that is more studenty.

The Maj. and I stood around in Union House and took potshots at bad theology. :up:

Axver said:

The Maj. and I stood around in Union House and took potshots at bad theology. :up:

Mad good times, I'm sure of it!

I was going to go meet up with a mate tonight for some (many) drinks, but he doesn't get paid until tomorrow, so I'm just gonna stay here tonight. My brother's going to a going away party, so I've got the place to myself. :up:

The Sad Punk said:

Mad good times, I'm sure of it!

I was going to go meet up with a mate tonight for some (many) drinks, but he doesn't get paid until tomorrow, so I'm just gonna stay here tonight. My brother's going to a going away party, so I've got the place to myself. :up:

I need to do university work tonight, bleh. :( But for now, I'm waiting for dinner to hurry up and cook.

I swear that my lecturers are trying to dampen my interest in university by setting the dullest topics possible.

Varitek said:
i am really loving sigur ros

I need to get into them. I loved the song Screwtape used in his tracklist, but some of their other stuff sounds like music for babies.

Axver said:

I need to get into them. I loved the song Screwtape used in his tracklist, but some of their other stuff sounds like music for babies.

what did screwtape use?

i think part of it is that you don't understand the words - for me that's a good thing, i find it soothing falling asleep or study music, but not boring.

Varitek said:

what did screwtape use?

i think part of it is that you don't understand the words - for me that's a good thing, i find it soothing falling asleep or study music, but not boring.

Screwtape used Myrkur.

No, the words are no problem. The song in question seriously sounded like a baby's song, in its instrumentation and composition. I think the song was Saeglopur.

Myrkur made me want to hear more by the band, but then I heard Saeglopur and it sounded like something that should play from a toy in a baby's cot.

Axver said:
Myrkur made me want to hear more by the band, but then I heard Saeglopur and it sounded like something that should play from a toy in a baby's cot.

yeah there are bells.

i recommend von which myrkur is on, takk, and englar alhaimsins. agaetis byrjun seems good too, but i haven't listened to the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom