Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread - Page 62 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2008, 07:44 AM   #916
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
it's also my birthday today, don't tell anyone
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAJ.!

Old 05-02-2008, 07:45 AM   #917
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Does he have a problem with MSG? There should be things that don't have nuts/fish/whatever the other thing is....
See, there should be, but lots of people use peanut oil these days too, which doesn't help at all.

I suppose most of the neutered tourist food is safe for Ax... Stuff like lemon chicken and sweet and sour pork.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:46 AM   #918
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm not going to listen to it again, I'm listening to Flower Child.
I'm listening to Rise Up in protest of its getting voted out of Survivor already.

Shame!
Old 05-02-2008, 07:47 AM   #919
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Thanks! I actually don't tell anyone, just to see who remembers and who bothers to find out. I don't think it's all that important anyway to be honest.
I normally remember January birthdays once told, because almost all of my closest friends plus myself have had January birthdays. Otherwise? I'm useless.

Ever since I was 14, I've had arrangements with most of my friends that we don't give each other presents, so birthdays have been very lowkey in my world and I don't find them that important either. My friend Sam's birthday is 14/01; mine is 17/01. I gave him $20 ... and got exactly the same note back from him three days later. That prompted the "no presents" arrangement.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-02-2008, 07:48 AM   #920
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Does he have a problem with MSG? There should be things that don't have nuts/fish/whatever the other thing is....
Eggs is the other one.

Peanuts seem to be screwing me over the most.

Maj., you need to come from a culture that isn't trying to kill me with its food!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-02-2008, 07:49 AM   #921
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
03/06/09 shall bring great woe upon people who make false allegations about Axver.

My favourite date ever was 02/02/2000. It was the first time all numbers in the date had been even since 08/08/888! I thought that was really neat.
I made no allegations, I merely asked a question

*thinks*
Hey, that is pretty cool.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:49 AM   #922
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I'm listening to Rise Up in protest of its getting voted out of Survivor already.

Shame!
I'm honestly baffled by that. Very few people actually posted that they were voting for Rise Up, and it's rare for a thread to be so unreflective of the poll. And not a single person posted WHY they were voting off Rise Up.

If you ask me, it has more of a case to be on JT than TTYW and - dare I say it - ISHFWILF.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #923
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
See, there should be, but lots of people use peanut oil these days too, which doesn't help at all.

I suppose most of the neutered tourist food is safe for Ax... Stuff like lemon chicken and sweet and sour pork.
Oh yeah. We've started using peanut oil at home, since we found out that olive oil really shouldn't be used for cooking

Lemon chicken...

One of the food places at uni used to do something that they called lemon chicken... I'm fairly sure that neither lemon nor chicken were in any way involved in its production, but DAMN, whatever combination of chemicals and flavourings and batter they used hit all the right taste buds... There would be queues every Wednesday when they served it...
Old 05-02-2008, 07:53 AM   #924
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Maj., you need to come from a culture that isn't trying to kill me with its food!
Dammit, he's onto you!
Old 05-02-2008, 07:53 AM   #925
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I'm honestly baffled by that. Very few people actually posted that they were voting for Rise Up, and it's rare for a thread to be so unreflective of the poll. And not a single person posted WHY they were voting off Rise Up.

If you ask me, it has more of a case to be on JT than TTYW and - dare I say it - ISHFWILF.
The more I listen to ISHFWILF, the more I feel about it compared to, say, Luminous Times or Spanish Eyes.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #926
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Dammit, he's onto you!

Wait, why shouldn't olive oil be used for cooking? And d'you mean like huge amounts, or just greasing-pan sort of amounts?
Old 05-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #927
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Oh yeah. We've started using peanut oil at home, since we found out that olive oil really shouldn't be used for cooking
Whatever's wrong with olive oil? Now, maybe my love of Italian cooking has left me biased, but you can use it for just about any purpose.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-02-2008, 07:55 AM   #928
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Today, I'll pay that.

And I think it may have suffered a bit from not so many people having heard it, perhaps...? I dunno.

That bass...
Is it a bad sign that I wondered if they had a guest bassist in for that?

Surprise me more often, U2.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:56 AM   #929
Vocal parasite

Quote:

The more I listen to ISHFWILF, the more I feel about it compared to, say, Luminous Times or Spanish Eyes.
YES. I've grown very tired of ISHFWILF. I feel like it doesn't reach any kind of pay-off, and the band had better material lying around that they could've put on the album.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #930
Vocal parasite

Quote:
And I think it may have suffered a bit from not so many people having heard it, perhaps...? I dunno.
I've no idea! Most of the JT bonus tracks seem to be suffering, really - and yet Love You Like Mad and Levitate are stll hanging around.

I know Andrew hates Rise Up. I can't understand why.

Quote:
That bass...
Is it a bad sign that I wondered if they had a guest bassist in for that?

Surprise me more often, U2.

I keep wondering what they did with Adam after October ...

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread