Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:
wait...did i miss something? party at maj's?

We need to have a band rehearsal for Phail. I play guitar, Ali plays bass, the Maj. plays drums, and we all phail.

Axver said:
Your standard second/third year Arts course requires 4,000 words of assessment - which usually means two 2,000 word essays in History and a 2,000 word essay and a 2,000 word exam in PolSci.

IT DRIVES ME NUTS.

I can't wait to have a decent length to work with in my Honours year next year.
Wow.

From memory, each of my science subjects in third year required at least one 3,000 word essay, plus prac write-ups and the exam and everything. Of course, the exams were usually short-answer or multi-choice, but that's still a lot of writing.
And the third-year research project was one big thing with ... damn, I can't remember how many words that was. I wanted to say 8,000 but that seems like an awful lot... maybe it was 4 or 5,000? It was a decent chunk anyway; I don't have it on this computer so I can't do a quick count.

Best mark I ever got for a project/essay... 96% :D
(lost marks cos my supervisor didn't like the word "believe" being used in science, ie, "Dr. Smith believes that birds evolved from small cursorial theropods"... which I think is a bit of a silly distinction.)

Alisaura said:

Wow.

From memory, each of my science subjects in third year required at least one 3,000 word essay, plus prac write-ups and the exam and everything. Of course, the exams were usually short-answer or multi-choice, but that's still a lot of writing.
And the third-year research project was one big thing with ... damn, I can't remember how many words that was. I wanted to say 8,000 but that seems like an awful lot... maybe it was 4 or 5,000? It was a decent chunk anyway; I don't have it on this computer so I can't do a quick count.

Best mark I ever got for a project/essay... 96% :D
(lost marks cos my supervisor didn't like the word "believe" being used in science, ie, "Dr. Smith believes that birds evolved from small cursorial theropods"... which I think is a bit of a silly distinction.)

It seems they want brevity now. Which perhaps is a good thing, but it drives me insane. I firmly think 2,000 words is harder than 3,000, because most of these topics have so much you can say about them. You end up compressing far too much for a 2,000 word essay.

How many courses were you required to do? Four is considered a standard load, and I divide that up into 2 History and 2 PolSci.

96% is my best individual mark thus far too. :up:

Alisaura said:
If someone hasn't already made one by the time I catch up, I can do the Humpybong thread, if no one had a preference?

I'm happy with that!

I'm not making a thread, since I did this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom