Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #691
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue
Alot of growl vocals in Brave Murder Day, except for day.

I think my favourite song from that album is Inside the Fall.
Akerfeldt does a fucking awesome job on Brave Murder Day.

My edition is just the album, it doesn't have Inside The Fall. I have the Sounds Of Decay EP with it, though. Not sure if I've ever played it ...! Time to rectify that.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #692
Vocal parasite

Have a good one, Andrew.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #693
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Yeah, and I wish progressive rock would get rid of the guitars. Honestly, it adds nothing. You could do it all on piano anyway.

Seriously, what's the point in getting rid of a key part of the aesthetic?
You need more instrumentation in death metal. Add another instrument instead of the cheesy death growls. The aesthetic as is is terrible.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:18 PM   #694
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

You need more instrumentation in death metal. Add another instrument instead of the cheesy death growls. The aesthetic as is is terrible.
Somebody clearly hasn't listened to enough death metal. Add another instrument? What more do you want Sculptured to do?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 11:18 PM   #695
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:42 PM
At first, I couldn't stand the death growls. But after awhile, I learned to cope with them and really enjoy the songs for what they are

Dark Tranquility are an example of that. I also like them because I can almost make out what they're saying
Old 05-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #696
Vocal parasite

Signs the next Marillion album will suck:
1. It's a double album.
2. It's called Happiness Is The Road.
3. It has a song called She's Older Than Me.

Not that they've been very good since Fish left, but it's sad to see a once great neo-prog band disappear into bland nothingness.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #697
Blue Crack Addict

omg big news ax! i've found something to spam the thread with
Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #698
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:

Somebody clearly hasn't listened to enough death metal. Add another instrument? What more do you want Sculptured to do?
I'm not saying death metal is bad. I just think the death growls don't add anything another instrument couldn't or even better do what Sculptured did on your playlist and use some sampling. I quite liked that song and it would have been better without the growls.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #699
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue
At first, I couldn't stand the death growls. But after awhile, I learned to cope with them and really enjoy the songs for what they are

Dark Tranquility are an example of that. I also like them because I can almost make out what they're saying
I don't even notice death growls any more. It's just another vocal styling and I don't see what the fuss is about. You might as well hate on falsetto or baritone or whatever.

If you ask me, the two best growlers are Mikael Akerfeldt and Dan Swanö. I can usually sing along because they are so comprehensible. Oh, and Orphaned Land's Kobi Farhi is extremely clear as well.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #700
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
omg big news ax! i've found something to spam the thread with
You've fallen in love with trains?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #701
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

You've fallen in love with trains?
nooooooooooo
Old 05-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #702
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

I'm not saying death metal is bad. I just think the death growls don't add anything another instrument couldn't or even better do what Sculptured did on your playlist and use some sampling. I quite liked that song and it would have been better without the growls.
You've already got two guitarists, a bassist, a keyboardist, and drums in most death metal bands. And then you have the likes of Sculptured throwing trumpets, cellos, and the kitchen sink at the genre. I think your "more instruments" point is simply uneducated.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 11:27 PM   #703
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

You've already got two guitarists, a bassist, a keyboardist, and drums in most death metal bands. And then you have the likes of Sculptured throwing trumpets, cellos, and the kitchen sink at the genre. I think your "more instruments" point is simply uneducated.
I'm talking more soundscapes by adding an instrument or nothing at all in the place of death growls. If I ever produce a death metal band I would show you what I mean.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #704
Vocal parasite

If you ever produced a death metal band, it wouldn't be fucking death metal if you took out the growls!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #705
Blue Crack Addict

give up? k!
i'm going to nyc for 4 days. throughout our stay we're gonna see how many statues and sculptures we can find and take pictures of/with them.

Tags
superthread