Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

If I remember the disclaimer on the essay cover sheet correctly, it includes a clause about how the essay has not been submitted to any other course.

I suspect my research will be doubling up a bit this week no matter what I do, really ...

Ahhh. It'd be a great laugh though!

And yeah, I highly doubt you're gonna be able to avoid it.

In other news, I have a 1500 word essay due on Monday that I haven't started and am only now doing readings for, which I'll only have time to write on Sunday from 4pm onwards. What are my chances of success?

Also after that the "class test" for Terrorism.

Alisaura said:

Not embalmed corpses, I hope! :uhoh:

</southpark>

And olive oil obviously goes with Italian cooking :up:

Hah, I haven't really watched South Park for YEARS. It seems to have really gone to shit, from the handful of episodes I've caught lately.

I think the only time I use olive oil outside of Italian cookery is when I do sausages on the frying pan.

Axver said:
Woostuhshire. I'd laugh at anybody if they pronounced it another way.
Just for a chuckle, I usually pronounce it as something like "woosustersheer", and if I can wedge a couple more syllables in there, I will! :D

Alisaura said:

Just for a chuckle, I usually pronounce it as something like "woosustersheer", and if I can wedge a couple more syllables in there, I will! :D

I've pronounced it "War-cess-ter-shy-er" before, that was fun.

Axver said:
:lol: 1987! So Adam's life spirit passed on to me after doing Rise Up on fretless bass or something? You know, I've never even touched a bass guitar in my life. Maybe I should? :hmm:
*considers her (neglected) bass in her room* :hmm:

More South Parkishness... remember when Cartman starts a Christian band, and makes the black kid play bass? :lol:

Alisaura said:

:lol:

I'm sure you and the Maj. have or will soon notice that I often intentionally mispronounce words like frudge and fush to parody my own accent. I now use 'frudge' much more often than 'fridge' without even thinking about it!

Alisaura said:

More South Parkishness... remember when Cartman starts a Christian band, and makes the black kid play bass? :lol:

We need to have a Phail band meeting!

And I never saw that episode! I've heard about it, and I'd like to see it; it sounds like it'd be a laugh.

OK, we're approaching a new thread. Where do we want to go, folks? There's my Geebung suggestion, and Ali, you've got that Humpybong Drive thing ...

major_panic said:
In other news, I have a 1500 word essay due on Monday that I haven't started and am only now doing readings for, which I'll only have time to write on Sunday from 4pm onwards. What are my chances of success?

Also after that the "class test" for Terrorism.
Pfft, 1500 words is nothing... which year are you in?

Alisaura said:

:lol: that was a great ep. i too haven't touched my bass in over a month. it's a pain in the ass to hook up my speakers and get the garage band settings right, but once i start playing i'm in a zone!!! when i learned Stir it Up by Bob Marley, i actually played that one song for an hour. fuckin JAMMIN!

Alisaura said:

Pfft, 1500 words is nothing... which year are you in?

Your standard second/third year Arts course requires 4,000 words of assessment - which usually means two 2,000 word essays in History and a 2,000 word essay and a 2,000 word exam in PolSci.

IT DRIVES ME NUTS.

I can't wait to have a decent length to work with in my Honours year next year.

Axver said:
OK, we're approaching a new thread. Where do we want to go, folks? There's my Geebung suggestion, and Ali, you've got that Humpybong Drive thing ...

i say either. but i do request that next week, my last week as a resident in VA, i do a Bumpass, Virginia thread. Ya'll know you wanna bump some ass!

unico said:

i say either. but i do request that next week, my last week as a resident in VA, i do a Bumpass, Virginia thread. Ya'll know you wanna bump some ass!

:lol: Sure. Though I admit, I read that as Bum Pass, VA.

Axver said:
I'm sure you and the Maj. have or will soon notice that I often intentionally mispronounce words like frudge and fush to parody my own accent. I now use 'frudge' much more often than 'fridge' without even thinking about it!
So, is it still really your own accent when you get so used to parodying yourself that the parody becomes your accent? :hmm:

Axver said:
We need to have a Phail band meeting!

And I never saw that episode! I've heard about it, and I'd like to see it; it sounds like it'd be a laugh.
Bags we don't do it at my house :lol:

That was a good episode :yes:

Alisaura said:

So, is it still really your own accent when you get so used to parodying yourself that the parody becomes your accent? :hmm:

Ali, please don't make my brain explode BEFORE I get around to writing my essays! :laugh:

Alisaura said:

You're obviously not too keen on getting any more lifts home in it :tongue:

Don't be dissin' mah jelly bean!

Not dissing it, just stating fact. :wink:

And I have more than enough DVDs to keep you bribed. :evil:

Alisaura said:

Bags we don't do it at my house :lol:

Let's do it at Maj.'s house to avoid lugging his drums anywhere and to horrify his family.

unico said:

it could very well be that i'm the only pervert in the state that didn't read it that way.

Nah, I imagine part of why I read it as Bum Pass is because, well, 'ass' is a donkey and you're thinking of 'arse'. :wink:

unico said:
:lol: that was a great ep. i too haven't touched my bass in over a month. it's a pain in the ass to hook up my speakers and get the garage band settings right, but once i start playing i'm in a zone!!! when i learned Stir it Up by Bob Marley, i actually played that one song for an hour. fuckin JAMMIN!
:drool:

I miss practicing... my main problem is that my room is such a disaster zone that there's literally NO ROOM to play the thing. I need to get motivated to do a major clean before I can be motivated to plug the bass in. :reject:

Alisaura said:

:drool:

I miss practicing... my main problem is that my room is such a disaster zone that there's literally NO ROOM to play the thing. I need to get motivated to do a major clean before I can be motivated to plug the bass in. :reject:

ah...yeah cleaning is for suckas! you can jam over the mess :D
i'd get an amp to make things easier, but it turns out the student apartment i'm moving into doesn't allow amps. so...yeah i'll just stick to garage band until i find a place where i can practice. i'm hoping when i move to perhaps join a band. that'd kick so much ass. learning to play bass and sing at the same time is like a dream of mine.

Who's making the next thread anyway? I made this one ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom