Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, I'm on a bit of a shoegazer kick.

Ride and Swervedriver are awesome.

And I'll agree that Selling England > Lamb, but neither inspired me to listen to any more Genesis.

liamcool said:
No Foxtrot? Or Nursery Cryme? (Seven Stones, Fountain of Salmacis. *drool*)

Like I said, neither of the two albums I heard were good enough - or good at all - to motivate me to hear more by Genesis.

Supper's Ready is an alright song, but nothing remarkable, and again no motivation to check out more.

Where's Jen? She's probably going to be sad she's missing you, Liam. :wink:

Axver said:

Like I said, neither of the two albums I heard were good enough - or good at all - to motivate me to hear more by Genesis.

Supper's Ready is an alright song, but nothing remarkable, and again no motivation to check out more.

Supper's Ready is quite mediocre in terms of Genesis songs, though. A lot of padding and stuff.

You need Gabriel IV though. *laughs*

Supper's Ready is the best Genesis song I've heard. Sad commentary on the band really. They need to take their share of the blame for the demise of prog.

Though the best prog bands have been those of the last couple of decades.

Oh, and Liam, I posted earlier that the new Marillion album is going to suck. Why?

1. It's going to be a double album.
2. It's called Happiness Is The Road.
3. It has a song called She's Older Than Me.

EPIC PHAIL.

Damnit, have you lot disappeared?

We're so close to a new thread too.

It's gone far too dead. Where have my fellow Aussies and Kiwis gone?

Hey Ali! :wave:

Just writing my review of the PT Melbourne concert right now. Because, you know, that's totally going to get my uni essays done.

Alisaura said:
Carek attack! :yikes: :lol:

Good plan! Have a literary warm-up with the PT review, then nail the essays... right? :wink:

You coming along tomorrow?

The daily tidal wave. :|

Haha, that sounds like a nice justification. I think I'll use that, thanks. :wink:

And no, I'm not coming tomorrow. :( It's just too much expense, especially as I've already seen it twice, and I'm getting stressed about uni. I'm definitely still in for a farewell showing or something, though, whenever that rolls around.

I see y'all are going to go watch U2 3D again, planning short-term again, without telling me again. :madspit:

:wink:

S'long as I get to meet you all at least once, like seriously. :hmm: Could've gone today.

major_panic said:

Pretty good, all things considered.

Yours?

Mine's been alright. Slept in far too much. At least found some useful stuff in the Baillieu for my Democracy & Violence essay.

Axver said:
And no, I'm not coming tomorrow. :( It's just too much expense, especially as I've already seen it twice, and I'm getting stressed about uni. I'm definitely still in for a farewell showing or something, though, whenever that rolls around.
Yeah, fair enough. We'll see if IMAX has it going after Wednesday next week...

Sorry Maj. :reject: It's Melissa's fault!
It's kinda hard to plan weekends in advance when we don't know how much longer it's playing at IMAX... might have to do a weeknight soon...?

I can't believe how much I've spent, and am still spending on this. :reject: Especially after I couldn't sell three of the tix I got for the midnight session... I've learned my lesson now!!

major_panic said:
I see y'all are going to go watch U2 3D again, planning short-term again, without telling me again. :madspit:

:wink:

S'long as I get to meet you all at least once, like seriously. :hmm: Could've gone today.

:lol: You've got to come to the farewell showing, whenever that is.

If you're willing to skip your 2:15 lecture one Thursday, you could at least come with me and have lunch with Ali or something!

Alisaura said:
I can't believe how much I've spent, and am still spending on this. :reject: Especially after I couldn't sell three of the tix I got for the midnight session... I've learned my lesson now!!

Eek, yeah. Though if it makes you feel any better, I've spent more on Porcupine Tree in the last week than you've spent on U2 3D in the last month! :lol:

Has anybody actually e-mailed the Imax and asked for a definitive final showing date?

Alisaura said:

Yeah, fair enough. We'll see if IMAX has it going after Wednesday next week...

Sorry Maj. :reject: It's Melissa's fault!
It's kinda hard to plan weekends in advance when we don't know how much longer it's playing at IMAX... might have to do a weeknight soon...?

Fair enough. That makes sense; it's a pity IMAX don't publish schedules in advance. I thought U2 3D was only gonna be out for a week for a while thanks to their site.

Axver said:

:lol: You've got to come to the farewell showing, whenever that is.

If you're willing to skip your 2:15 lecture one Thursday, you could at least come with me and have lunch with Ali or something!

I might have to do that one of these weeks. Not this week though, we've hit an interesting patch of stuff, thank God.

Also, am I the only person who thinks today's date is kinda cool? 02/05/08. I'm looking forward to 03/06/09 next year.

Oh, Maj., you're the Police fan of this thread. I was in the supermarket this evening and they subjected me to the sucktastic stylings of Maroon 5's She Will Be Loved. What drove me nuts besides the song itself was that part of it sounds like a Police ripoff, but I can't quite place which Police song it's plagiarising. Do you have any idea?

Axver said:
Also, am I the only person who thinks today's date is kinda cool? 02/05/08. I'm looking forward to 03/06/09 next year.

What's cool about 02/05/08? (apart from one little thing)

Axver said:
:yes:

There's only one place to eat nearby that Ax isn't allergic to, though. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom