Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

Over the last 48 hours, I've listened to Lightbulb Sun, Metanoia, Fear of a Blank Planet, a Green Carnation album, a Katatonia album, a Crippled Black Phoenix album, and now Recordings.

Wow, cool.

What'd you think of Green Carnation and Katatonia? I think you said you listened to A Blessing In Disguise, right? I have that but haven't really listened to it. The Acoustic Verses is the only album I've devoted a significant amount of time to.

I liked Green Carnation more than I liked Katatonia. Both were fairly more aggressive than I was expecting (as my friend who burned them for me assured me they were mellow*)

*probably in reference to the bands' other music, not mellow in general.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now. See ya! I'll send you those links as soon as I finish uploading. You'll have to let me know what you think of Ours.

the tourist said:
I liked Green Carnation more than I liked Katatonia. Both were fairly more aggressive than I was expecting (as my friend who burned them for me assured me they were mellow*)

*probably in reference to the bands' other music, not mellow in general.

Last Fair Deal Gone Down is far, far more mellow than early (i.e. better) Katatonia. Can't speak about Blessing In Disguise.

I hate how so many bands go to shit with age. I struggle to name bands that made their best albums well into their career. Porcupine Tree is the only one coming to mind. Let's see what Orphaned Land brings this year.

the tourist said:
Anyway, I'm going to bed now. See ya! I'll send you those links as soon as I finish uploading. You'll have to let me know what you think of Ours.

Cool. Yeah, I'll let you know. Have a good night! :wave:

howdy all.

i just recieved my fine for "placing feet on appartus on the train in places other than the floor".

$162.

I will not pay it. It's revenue raising, and is more than a speeding fine.

COBL_04 said:
howdy all.

i just recieved my fine for "placing feet on appartus on the train in places other than the floor".

$162.

I will not pay it. It's revenue raising, and is more than a speeding fine.

Hey Danny. :wave:

Bloody hell, that's ridiculous. How do you plan to get out of it?

hey ax.

not too sure yet, i really feel like venting, but i think they'll just say 'tough luck'.

dont want to take it to court, thats a bit far, and im only 17.

any ideas? :D

anyway back in about 10 minutes mate, sorry, tea is ready. didnt think itd cook so quick.

pies, chips and chicken nuggets :drool:

I've no idea how you'd contest it, especially since it is technically an offence and you did do it. I believe you can contest some things by pointing out that you have a clean record and request a warning in place of a fine, but I don't know if that applies to this.

liamcool said:
Danny - they got any solid proof that you actually did it i.e. photo or video footage?

Good point, though a situation of Danny-says-this, Inspector-says-that could be difficult and likely require a court hearing. Since Danny's a teenager, I'd be concerned that the inspector's word would be taken over his. Sad but true. A 40 year old accountant would probably be able to win in such a scenario.

Axver said:

Good point, though a situation of Danny-says-this, Inspector-says-that could be difficult and likely require a court hearing. Since Danny's a teenager, I'd be concerned that the inspector's word would be taken over his. Sad but true. A 40 year old accountant would probably be able to win in such a scenario.

Legal system is clogged up. It's likely they'll just throw the case out.

liamcool said:

Legal system is clogged up. It's likely they'll just throw the case out.

And I am aware that the inspectors sometimes don't show up for these things, which also leads to the case being thrown out.

Axver said:

And I am aware that the inspectors sometimes don't show up for these things, which also leads to the case being thrown out.

Even if they do, if you just make the case go longer than about five minutes, the magistrate gets frustrated and just throws it out to get them to move on.

(I had a corrupt Legal Studies teacher. *laughs*)

liamcool said:

Even if they do, if you just make the case go longer than about five minutes, the magistrate gets frustrated and just throws it out to get them to move on.

(I had a corrupt Legal Studies teacher. *laughs*)

:lol:

What, you're trying to tell me you don't know from experience? :wink:

no, they dont have any hard evidence... :hmm:

but how ridiculous is this? $162 bucks because i had half a foot resting on the edge of the seat. absolute joke.

ive seen so many worse things on trains... grafitti, abuse, people taking lines of coke...

where is the wrongness, for lack of a better word, in putting yuor feet on the seat???

COBL_04 said:

but how ridiculous is this? $162 bucks because i had half a foot resting on the edge of the seat. absolute joke.

ive seen so many worse things on trains... grafitti, abuse, people taking lines of coke...

where is the wrongness, for lack of a better word, in putting yuor feet on the seat???

Phail Collins hates it.

...ironically, everybody else hates Phail Collins.

COBL_04 said:

Clearly a case of some officer with nothing better to do. Hopefully there's a loophole open to you. $162 is grossly disproportionate, especially for someone with a clean record.

Hey, Liam, see that Phail Collins has retired from making music? :up:

I bet that in 2010, Phail Collins and Kiss will unite for the ULTIMATE FAREWELL TOUR!!!!

liamcool said:
Nah, Collins has already gone on his First Farewell Tour.

How much solo Gabriel you heard?

Collins and Kiss = farewell match made in heaven, though.

I've heard about 1-2 solo Gabriel songs. Does he suck any less without Genesis?

Axver said:

Collins and Kiss = farewell match made in heaven, though.

I've heard about 1-2 solo Gabriel songs. Does he suck any less without Genesis?

IV is really dark and moody. No twinkly folk crap or anything. Long songs.

I is fairly meh, aside from the freaky Moribund The Burgermeister (wtf) and the Down The Dolce Vita/Here Comes The Flood suite.

So is alright...kinda a combination of the two.

So I recommend that you get IV, it's really cool and very depressing.

I'll think about it. I mean, Gabriel is the hack who wasted a couple of hours of my life with The Lamb Lies Down. So I'm skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom