Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I don't actually think Axver knows anything about Bruce, I think someone similar to Axver though would know the answer, are we on the same page?

Yes. That person, however, is not me. I know no Bruce. I know Loudermilk/Gosling (same people, different band name) inside out.

Yeah...anyways...the more I think about it the more confused I am. I keep thinking maybe the tape switched over without me realizing it. But that just doesn't make sense. Anyways, now I'm tired, and I'm gonna go to bed before the sun comes up tonight I believe. Night

LemonMelon said:
I took the dog out for a walk tonight by myself. It was really creepy. There's no moon, so parts of the walk were pitch dark, and no sounds at all. We have wild animals around here, including bear sightings, so I was on guard. :yikes:

There are some positives, however. It's so much easier to walk the dog without him chasing after every person who walks by.

I once scared myself shitless on a dark and dead quiet night by playing Agalloch on the walk home from the tram. It's only a 4-5 minute walk at most, but I bloody well lunged at my door.

It's pretty dead in here. I am about ten minutes away from going to bed.

I was just at the supermarket, and they subjected me to Maroon 5's She Will Be Loved over the PA. It drove me nuts - besides for the obvious reasons, i.e. its total suckage on all levels - because part of it sounds like a total ripoff of a Police song, but I can't place it.

Axver said:

I once scared myself shitless on a dark and dead quiet night by playing Agalloch on the walk home from the tram. It's only a 4-5 minute walk at most, but I bloody well lunged at my door.

I did something similar while listening to a Mars Volta album walking on a dark road in the middle of a windy night with the trees and their overhanging branches swaying. That was the same night I saw a raccoon kill a cat and drag it off into the bushes.

the tourist said:
Where's Axver? I'm uploading an album for him right now....

Oooh. :hyper:

I met a friend for afternoon eggplant and turnip, then had to call into university and the supermarket.

Axver said:
I was just at the supermarket, and they subjected me to Maroon 5's She Will Be Loved over the PA. It drove me nuts - besides for the obvious reasons, i.e. its total suckage on all levels - because part of it sounds like a total ripoff of a Police song, but I can't place it.

Maroon 5=:barf:

And I even like pop-rock.

Axver said:

Oooh. :hyper:

I met a friend for afternoon eggplant and turnip, then had to call into university and the supermarket.

Ahhh. I'm uploading it in 3 zip files so it doesn't time out on me with any of them. The second one is uploading now.

The third one I'll do overnight, so I'll e-mail you the links tomorrow at some point.

the tourist said:

Maroon 5=:barf:

And I even like pop-rock.

The singer has one of the worst voices I've ever heard. And their lyrics tend to be either stupid or base or both.

the tourist said:
The third one I'll do overnight, so I'll e-mail you the links tomorrow at some point.

Righto, sounds good. I don't suppose you're interested in any Kiwi shoegazer/noise rock? I'm uploading Vortura by Bailter Space for Bonnie and can pass the link onto you as well.

I also have Swervedriver's Mezcal Head up loaded, which isn't Kiwi but is shoegazer and very good.

Although, I'm not sure how well you'll like Crippled Black Phoenix. At some points it almost reminds me of Metanoia. But never quite as extreme or obvious improv.

the tourist said:
Although, I'm not sure how well you'll like Crippled Black Phoenix. At some points it almost reminds me of Metanoia. But never quite as extreme or obvious improv.

I honestly haven't played Metanoia in months upon months. I just remember it fairly meandering. Which isn't always a bad thing.

Oh, and that Ours album is on the menu for tonight's listening.

Hopefully you'll dig Ours. I sent those links to someone else who had trouble accessing them. I think her computer probably sucked and couldn't handle zip files or something.

U2 has poisoned the title Mercy for me. :down:

I love how some bands do that, though. I mean, any band who calls a song Wish You Were Here now just looks like they enjoy Pink Floyd a little too much.

Oh yeah, Crippled Black Phoenix is fairly meandering. And they use a bit of accordian, too.

Axver said:
U2 has poisoned the title Mercy for me. :down:

I love how some bands do that, though. I mean, any band who calls a song Wish You Were Here now just looks like they enjoy Pink Floyd a little too much.

The original title for the Ours album was the parenthesied subtitle, "Dancing For The Death Of An Imaginary Enemy"

Axver said:

Just forwarded the links to you. :)

I'll download over the weekend. I have to listen to that Lilys album... er... Bonnie?... uploaded. I downloaded it too, when she posted the link.

the tourist said:

The original title for the Ours album was the parenthesied subtitle, "Dancing For The Death Of An Imaginary Enemy"

Shame about the length, because otherwise it'd be a better title.

Axver said:

Shame about the length, because otherwise it'd be a better title.

Yeah. I think their record company had something to say about it.

the tourist said:

I'll download over the weekend. I have to listen to that Lilys album... er... Bonnie?... uploaded. I downloaded it too, when she posted the link.

Yeah, that's also in line for listening tonight. It's going to be a good night of new music.

For now, I really feel like a bagel.

Axver said:

Yeah, that's also in line for listening tonight. It's going to be a good night of new music.

For now, I really feel like a bagel.

Over the last 48 hours, I've listened to Lightbulb Sun, Metanoia, Fear of a Blank Planet, a Green Carnation album, a Katatonia album, a Crippled Black Phoenix album, and now Recordings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom