Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

me :reject:

it's just habit, but i can reopen them if you want.

:lol:

I knew it was you. :wink:

I saw you reopened them - thanks. I don't mind them being closed after the next wave of threads start, as long as I always have some open for cut and pasting stuff.

And I was planning on doing the next four now, but I'm tired and need to get to bed, because, you know, I don't get to sleep in like so many here. Damn work.

Axver said:
Incidentally, Steven Wilson should be producing the next Orphaned Land album. :up:

He's supposedly going to produce the next Anathema album as well.

EDIT - Duh, I see you mention it later on.

Why are your expectations low for that one? Seems like possibly an excellent combination to me.

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:
And I wouldn't call Led Zeppelin metal. Hard rock at most, simply rock if you ask me.

They (along with a few other bands at the time) inspired most metal.

phillyfan26 said:
Inspired? Sure. Are they metal? No.

At the time, they were known as heavy metal... at least according to people who were in the teens and twenties when it came out. :shrug: Personally, I consider it classic rock. Not even hard rock.

EDIT: When I say "people" and generalize things, I really mean to say "people I know."

phanan said:

He's supposedly going to produce the next Anathema album as well.

EDIT - Duh, I see you mention it later on.

Why are your expectations low for that one? Seems like possibly an excellent combination to me.

Because the three songs they've released online recently have all been absolute crap. I'm not too keen on about half of A Natural Disaster, and while I've no inherent issue with their life-affirming soft atmospheric rock direction of the last few years, I don't think it suits them. I think they still have another Judgement or at least A Fine Day To Exit in them, but they don't want to make it.

I agree the recent online material isn't up to previous standards, but I look at those more as works in progress than anything else. If and when SW gets involved, I'm sure his influence would create something very positive.

phanan said:
:lol:

I knew it was you. :wink:

I saw you reopened them - thanks. I don't mind them being closed after the next wave of threads start, as long as I always have some open for cut and pasting stuff.

And I was planning on doing the next four now, but I'm tired and need to get to bed, because, you know, I don't get to sleep in like so many here. Damn work.
:reject:

:tsk: you wimp.

the tourist said:

At the time, they were known as heavy metal... at least according to people who were in the teens and twenties when it came out. :shrug: Personally, I consider it classic rock. Not even hard rock.

EDIT: When I say "people" and generalize things, I really mean to say "people I know."

Yeah, "heavy metal" was first applied to Led Zep and similar hard/classic rock bands of that era. Certainly if you read the entry of heavy metal from that font of all reliable knowledge, Wikipedia, Led Zep feature centrally! :wink:

I would now consider them to be hard rock (I think "classick rock" is a redundant term), but they were one of the central bands to developing heavy metal and the term can be meaningfully applied to them.

Axver said:

Certainly if you read the entry of heavy metal from that font of all reliable knowledge, Wikipedia, Led Zep feature centrally! :wink:

Font? :giggle:

phanan said:
I agree the recent online material isn't up to previous standards, but I look at those more as works in progress than anything else. If and when SW gets involved, I'm sure his influence would create something very positive.

I hope they just prove to be works in progress. I'd be more optimistic if it weren't for some of what's on A Natural Disaster. It'll be interesting to see what SW brings to the recording, and whether he just twiddles knobs or actually has creative input. His creative input on Opeth's Blackwater Park was certainly for the best.

See you later, phanan. :wave:

the tourist said:
Hey Ax, I bet you'd really dig Crippled Black Phoenix.

I've heard the name, but not much more. What are they like?

Axver said:
See you later, phanan. :wave:

I've heard the name, but not much more. What are they like?

Post-rock/progressive. I mentioned them to you once. You told me to let you know what I think. I could possibly try to upload it overnight if you'd like.

Anyway, back to work! :wave:

the tourist said:

Post-rock/progressive. I mentioned them to you once. You told me to let you know what I think. I could possibly try to upload it overnight if you'd like.

Anyway, back to work! :wave:

Ooh, I'd be quite interested. I'm going to get onto that Ours album later, as the PT kick is wearing off a little.

I'm also about to head out, in the next 10-15 minutes. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom