Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2008, 07:51 AM   #346
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

In between eras!

Between UF and JT: Parisian Bathtub era Jim Morrison.

Between LT and AB: Seamless transition!

Between AB and Passengers: Stoned Latin American dictator.

Between Passengers and Pop: Fucko, probably with a beret or something.

Between Pop and ATYCLB: Hella nerd thing going on.

After that it's just boring and it sort of was to begin with actually.

I think nowadays it's just Too Much Guinness Bono or something, judging by the few recent pictures that have made their way to this thread or EYKIW.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 07:52 AM   #347
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cinnaminson

I shall offer myself as lipstick smearer

Old 05-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #348
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
Behold, the Dead Skunk Era... (although I thought this was two-toned as well, my memory's going)

and the Roosterhead...

Oh wow.

I wish I'd had that first one for my DEAD CAT demotivational poster. I would've just changed it to DEAD SKUNK and it would've worked perfectly.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 07:55 AM   #349
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
But for all of Popmart, he had his hair shaved pretty short, didn't he? It always looked kind of stupid. As bad as the mullet was, at least it usually suited him.

And yes, I heard that! Now I just need to, you know, win Lotto.
*checks Popmart pics*

I guess it was pretty short, dunno about shaved. I don't think it was much longer for the last leg of the Vertigo tour (/Best Of Tour).

I didn't think mullets suited anyone...
Old 05-01-2008, 07:59 AM   #350
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I think nowadays it's just Too Much Guinness Bono or something, judging by the few recent pictures that have made their way to this thread or EYKIW.
Guinness is low-carb, equivalent to orange juice in calories. Actually, I think Bono was as much of or more of a Heineken drinker, as much as I hate to break the stereotype.

But, I think Too Much Beer Bono appears between every tour, even going back to the 80s.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:59 AM   #351
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

*checks Popmart pics*

I guess it was pretty short, dunno about shaved. I don't think it was much longer for the last leg of the Vertigo tour (/Best Of Tour).

I didn't think mullets suited anyone...
It looked pretty shocking on the last leg of Vertigo too! But the whole band looks shocking nowadays. Larry looks like he's in the throes of midlife crisis-inspired delusions of youth. Edge the same, really, but with a trace of dignity. And Adam looks like he's older than the Rolling Stones and has one foot in the grave already, but again with dignity.

And I think Bono did suit his mullet at various points. I've never found his hair that laughable on UABRS, for instance. Though the Dead Skunk one is hysterical. When is that from?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 08:00 AM   #352
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

Guinness is low-carb, equivalent to orange juice in calories. Actually, I think Bono was as much of or more of a Heineken drinker, as much as I hate to break the stereotype.

But, I think Too Much Beer Bono appears between every tour, even going back to the 80s.
I think somebody pointed that out after the "GUINNESS: Sorry PLEBA" poster, actually. Shows how much I know about beer.

Too Much Beer Bono was definitely out in force for Womanfish, though perhaps in a different way ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #353
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 11:39 PM
Quote:

It looked pretty shocking on the last leg of Vertigo too! But the whole band looks shocking nowadays. Larry looks like he's in the throes of midlife crisis-inspired delusions of youth. Edge the same, really, but with a trace of dignity. And Adam looks like he's older than the Rolling Stones and has one foot in the grave already, but again with dignity.

And I think Bono did suit his mullet at various points. I've never found his hair that laughable on UABRS, for instance. Though the Dead Skunk one is hysterical. When is that from?
well to me Edge and Adam look better now than they ever have. Larry looks except for the long hair thing. . . . .Bono will always be slightly wrong with his too long sleeves but that's what makes him so right..
Old 05-01-2008, 08:02 AM   #354
Vocal parasite

Adam looks like he should be sitting at the fireside, reading stories to his grandkids after a day tending to his petunias and chrysanthemums.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-01-2008, 08:02 AM   #355
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Currently it says the upload's going to take only just a little under 2 hours ... ah well. I don't think it'll speed up much either!

I really don't think I wore out Loveless. I actually can't think of any album I've worn out; the albums I play to death, I tend to just like more and more. I haven't listened to Loveless in months now; it honestly bores me in parts and doesn't hold much attraction. Might have to give it another spin though.

Righto, I'll give those albums a try. Also, what do you think of Spiritualized? I've heard Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space praised as one of the greatest albums of all time, but never gotten around to downloading it.
I'll be here 'til then, don't worry.

Guess it's just different strokes for Loveless, really. It was briefly my favourite shoegaze album late last year and early this year, but some of it does sound sort of tired now. I wear out things quite badly, which is especially frustrating as I find it hard to discover music I genuinely enjoy to begin with.

Never listened to Spiritualized, I thought they were more post-Shoegaze. I do have a collection of Spacemen 3, though.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #356
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Adam looks like he should be sitting at the fireside, reading stories to his grandkids after a day tending to his petunias and chrysanthemums.
my granddad never looked like that
Old 05-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #357
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
And Adam looks like he's older than the Rolling Stones and has one foot in the grave already, but again with dignity.

Seeing that Rolling Stones trailer before U23D was interesting... I've seen better looking fossils. Adam isn't quite THAT dessicated yet!

Yeah, UABRS was fine. I didn't even notice that was a mullet...
No idea about the Dead Skunk era... it looks UF-ish though. Although maybe that's just the Japanese text confusing me...
Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 AM   #358
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
He probably is. I'm sure he has a lot of kids running around that we don't know about.

Quote:

I think somebody pointed that out after the "GUINNESS: Sorry PLEBA" poster, actually. Shows how much I know about beer.
It was probably me. Mainly because Guinness is more or less the only low-carb beer I remotely enjoy, and so I always remember that.

Quote:
Too Much Beer Bono was definitely out in force for Womanfish, though perhaps in a different way ...
Looks a little like both ways, I think.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 AM   #359
Blue Crack Supplier

The baldness thing aside (although that's not really age-related in this case), I think Edge has probably aged best (least?) out of all of them.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:08 AM   #360
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

I'm going to bed, night night folks

Tags
superthread