Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

I really wish I could have told her she was beautiful. I can't knowing she has a boyfriend but I think she would have liked that.

Girls usually like to hear it.

Axver said:
Hey, Ravva, lately we've been having daily maximum temperatures of 13-15C. What do you think of such temperatures?

People here are just about freezing their nuts off.

Warm! Hehe People around here started putting shorts on as soon as it got above zero again :giggle:

Axver said:

It was really awesome when they pulled out Sentimental in Brisbane. I could hear them soundchecking it while waiting in the queue and really hoped it would make it into the set that night.

And as I've said before, Anesthetize's intensity pretty much melted my face in Brisbane. The sound was just PERFECT and the middle section absolutely blew me away.

How many shows were you able to get to? 3? Awesome!

I'll have to keep an eye out if they ever do tour this way.

phillyfan26 said:
What PT should I avoid since I'm not a fan of metal?

If you liked FOABP? None. Anesthetize's middle section is about as heavy as it gets.

Other notably heavy tracks: Wedding Nails (In Absentia), Orchidia, and Futile (both on the Futile EP).

RavenBlue said:

Warm! Hehe People around here started putting shorts on as soon as it got above zero again :giggle:

Ha. People here are wearing two sweatshirts and scarves and complaining about how cold it is. I'm walking around in a blazer and t-shirt, which is very comfortable.

Nights have gotten down to about 5-6 and people have gotten out their electric blankets, two blankets, and stuff! Do you think they're all wimps? :wink:

RavenBlue said:

How many shows were you able to get to? 3? Awesome!

I'll have to keep an eye out if they ever do tour this way.

Yep, three. :drool:

Go make a trip next tour; it's totally worth it.

the tourist said:

I'm listening to Last Fair Deal Gone Down.

I've listened to a bit of their more recent heavy alt rock-ish albums, but not a tremendous deal. The death metal era was better.

Axver said:

Nights have gotten down to about 5-6 and people have gotten out their electric blankets, two blankets, and stuff! Do you think they're all wimps? :wink:

I used to get all macho Canadian-esque and tsk at stuff like that. But it's all a matter of what people are used to.

My mom, who used to live here in Canuckia, now resides in Ireland. She said the coldest it's been there was -3C and everyone was freaking out. She's been there long enough now that I think now, if she came over for a Canadian winter. She'd likely freak out :giggle:

Axver said:

I've listened to a bit of their more recent heavy alt rock-ish albums, but not a tremendous deal. The death metal era was better.

:lol:

That's what my friend who burned me this album told me. I told him I don't like the death growl. He told me to imagine it's not a voice, but just another guitar. I told him I couldn't, and he just laughed and shook his head in hopelessness.

RavenBlue said:

I used to get all macho Canadian-esque and tsk at stuff like that. But it's all a matter of what people are used to.

My mom, who used to live here in Canuckia, now resides in Ireland. She said the coldest it's been there was -3C and everyone was freaking out. She's been there long enough now that I think now, if she came over for a Canadian winter. She'd likely freak out :giggle:

My mother grew up in Wainuiomata, which has quite cold winters by southern North Island standards. Rarely snow, but routinely below freezing overnight. But now she lives in Queensland and complains that 20C is too cold!

I'm trying to get my hardy Wellingtonian side back. It's not just about the cold temperature: it's about the wind chill from the southerlies off the Antarctic!

the tourist said:

That's what my friend who burned me this album told me. I told him I don't like the death growl. He told me to imagine it's not a voice, but just another guitar. I told him I couldn't, and he just laughed and shook his head in hopelessness.

I wish Death Metal would get rid of the death growl. Honestly it adds nothing. Axver will disagree but I'm with you Andrew.

the tourist said:

That's one interesting bit of common ground between shoegazer (which I'm still on a big kick for) and death metal, in that the vocals serve an instrumental, aesthetic purpose.

But not everybody's into the aesthetic, and that's cool.

Axver said:

That's one interesting bit of common ground between shoegazer (which I'm still on a big kick for) and death metal, in that the vocals serve an instrumental, aesthetic purpose.

But not everybody's into the aesthetic, and that's cool.

I love the shoegazer vocals though. :drool:

Screwtape2 said:

I wish Death Metal would get rid of the death growl. Honestly it adds nothing. Axver will disagree but I'm with you Andrew.

Yeah, and I wish progressive rock would get rid of the guitars. Honestly, it adds nothing. You could do it all on piano anyway.

Seriously, what's the point in getting rid of a key part of the aesthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom