Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

What was her reaction though?

She was nice about it and wasn't shocked. I went up to the reference desk and she asked if she could help me. I said sort of. Then I said I acted like a dork and that I really wanted to ask her out to a date. Will you have dinner with me? She kindly said that she was seeing someone. She made sure to thank me afterwards. She didn't have to do that but she did.

Screwtape2 said:

Sleep Together is my favorite Porcupine Tree song. Phanan and Axver think I'm crazy but that's okay.

Sleep Together is quite a bit better live. The band really cranks up the intensity on the chorus.

I still don't like the verses.

phillyfan26 said:
Anyone know anything about the Korean War?

It was created by M*A*S*H? :wink:

No, I haven't really studied much about it. I know the basic details and that's it.

My history teacher has assigned an essay (due tomorrow) about the Korean War, which we haven't studied.

Thank you, Wikipedia. If only you could sum up a little better.

Key parts: how did Korea divide, why was the 38th parallel chosen, who were Syngman Rhee and Kim II Sung?

Screwtape2 said:

I have never heard a live version of it. In fact I can't seem to find any Porcupine Tree bootlegs.

Problem solved. Here's a decent recording of the show I saw in Sydney last Saturday (unfortunately with the whole show on one huge MP3): http://www.mega upload.com/?d=4CBB20XZ

Hey, Ravva, lately we've been having daily maximum temperatures of 13-15C. What do you think of such temperatures?

People here are just about freezing their nuts off.

Convert that to Fahrenheit and it's ... what, 59 degrees? Nice and mild, we've been just a tad warmer than that lately.

RavenBlue said:
Sleep Together, is the only song on FOABP that is still growing on me.

Sentimental is one of my favs ATM

that and Anesthetize

It was really awesome when they pulled out Sentimental in Brisbane. I could hear them soundchecking it while waiting in the queue and really hoped it would make it into the set that night.

And as I've said before, Anesthetize's intensity pretty much melted my face in Brisbane. The sound was just PERFECT and the middle section absolutely blew me away.

Axver said:

Sleep Together is quite a bit better live. The band really cranks up the intensity on the chorus.

I still don't like the verses.

Sleep Together is very industrial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom