Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

I think their best album is Sky Moves Sideways. You liked Pink Floyd so you might appreciate that record. :up:

Also a good choice. :up: Though, there are some crazy-long songs.

I heard a couple of songs from DI, but that's it.

I really have had no time to listen since I've been away. Since I've returned, I've been making up work. Hence my in and out nature tonight.

Collapse The Light Into Earth, from both mine and Axver's list, is on In Absentia.

It's a bit long for my taste... almost 2 hours is a long time to listen in a row.

I'm not a terribly big fan of really long songs. I think some of Stupid Dream suffered from songs being extended a bit too long. I need to re-listen though.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm not a terribly big fan of really long songs. I think some of Stupid Dream suffered from songs being extended a bit too long. I need to re-listen though.

On Stupid Dream? It didn't really have long songs, by PT standards.

I'd go with In Absentia as your next choice. The Sky Moves Sideways is incredible, but it's not the most accessible album for casual listeners, and therefore might be not be the best option for now.

the tourist said:
It's a bit long for my taste... almost 2 hours is a long time to listen in a row.

Well, keep in mind that the actual album is not 2 hours long. It's a little under an hour. The two disc special edition includes material not on the album (Disc 2).

whee.gif

phanan said:
On Stupid Dream? It didn't really have long songs, by PT standards.

I'd go with In Absentia as your next choice. The Sky Moves Sideways is incredible, but it's not the most accessible album for casual listeners, and therefore might be not be the best option for now.

I figured as much, and figured it would sound weird. I just felt, on first listen, that a couple of the tracks would have benefited from being more succinct.

phanan said:

Well, keep in mind that the actual album is not 2 hours long. It's a little under an hour. The two disc special edition includes material not on the album (Disc 2).

I just consider it a double album. :wink:

By the way, a few days ago you asked if you could call me Andrew, and I totally missed the post until after you were long gone. Yes, you can.

phillyfan26 said:

I figured as much, and figured it would sound weird. I just felt, on first listen, that a couple of the tracks would have benefited from being more succinct.

Then, by all means, listen to In Absentia. Or maybe even Lightbulb Sun. :hmm:

I decided, after Green Carnation, not to return to Porcupine Tree just yet--I'm listening to a Katatonia album first.

Anyway, I need to be getting back to work. I'll be back when it's lunch-break time! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom