Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

:lol: I thought you were seeing someone?

No, I stopped that before anything could really happen, actually. I'm not sure if my pure/corrupt score actually changed at all. I didn't really feel comfortable with it, I guess. Or more that I didn't really feel attracted to him, which made me worried that I have a racist streak just because I find some races have more physically attractive qualities than others.

He was full blood Congolese, just in case you didn't know.

The Sad Punk said:

No, I stopped that before anything could really happen, actually. I'm not sure if my pure/corrupt score actually changed at all. I didn't really feel comfortable with it, I guess. Or more that I didn't really feel attracted to him, which made me worried that I have a racist streak just because I find some races have more physically attractive qualities than others.

He was full blood Congolese, just in case you didn't know.

Ahh ok, fair enough.

I doubt it's a racist thing, just a natural attraction thing, I'd say. I myself find white girls more attractive, surprisingly (or perhaps not).

Some Days Are Better Than Others, indeed.

Aight I'm gonna head off y'all, I'll see you lot around.

Also Bonnie - Ax and I have decided on a good Greek place for the three of us to meet up and eat when you're over.

Bye all.

major_panic said:
Some Days Are Better Than Others, indeed.

Aight I'm gonna head off y'all, I'll see you lot around.

Also Bonnie - Ax and I have decided on a good Greek place for the three of us to meet up and eat when you're over.

Bye all.

Night Maj, have a good one tomorrow, and nice of you to drop by. :wave:

I look forward to enjoying some spicy loukaniko with you later this year. :up:

major_panic said:

Ahh ok, fair enough.

I doubt it's a racist thing, just a natural attraction thing, I'd say. I myself find white girls more attractive, surprisingly (or perhaps not).

Maj., you continually disappoint me with your failure to fulfill Asian stereotypes. :tsk: :wink:

Personally, I am mainly partial to Caucasian girls, despite the uncomfortable potentially racist connotations that may or may not have. The paler the better. Tans are not attractive.

WOW WHO'D GUESS I'M AN ALBINO.

phanan said:
Funny how this thread always seems to die around this time of day. :lol:

And my Internet continually dropping out isn't helping right now.

If I disappear, have a good one, folks. :wave:

Oh, and g'night to the Maj.! :wave:

See, I knew you'd get stuck on here for over an hour tonight. :wink:

Axver said:
Tans are not attractive.

There's a girl who works in my group - she's getting married in a month, and she's been fixated on getting nice and tan for the wedding. She's been going tanning on a consistent basis for the last month, and I have to say it's making her look worse. She wasn't exactly bad looking beforehand, so I don't get it.

:shrug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm bored.

:needstobeentertained: :tongue:

I'm sure this thread could get very entertaining if we moved it to FYM. :wink:

phanan said:
I've been trippin' on The Sky Moves Sideways this morning.

:drool:

Funny how they never could get it right.

Now there's a song I wish they'd done in Australia. Since they hadn't played live for months, I can understand why they didn't, as you aren't going to rehearse shitloads just for three isolated gigs, but it still would've been awesome.

Never could get it right though?

I've decided that the original U.S. version of The Sky Moves Sideways comes closest to what the album should have been, as it includes Stars Die.

Include the full version of Moonloop instead of the edit, and add Prepare Yourself, and there's your winner.

The Sky Moves Sideways (Phase 1)
Stars Die
Moonloop
Dislocated Day
The Moon Touches Your Shoulder
Prepare Yourself
The Sky Moves Sideways (Phase 2)

Axver said:

And my Internet continually dropping out isn't helping right now.

If I disappear, have a good one, folks. :wave:

Does this mean the upload didn't make it through?

Nevermind! Mine's still going, if you drop out I'll email it to you anyway.

phanan said:

There's a girl who works in my group - she's getting married in a month, and she's been fixated on getting nice and tan for the wedding. She's been going tanning on a consistent basis for the last month, and I have to say it's making her look worse. She wasn't exactly bad looking beforehand, so I don't get it.

:shrug:

I honestly find a pale complexion to be more attractive in almost all cases. I don't even see the point in tanning. If it just happens naturally because you spend a lot of time outside, that's one thing, and that also rarely looks bad. But putting in effort just strikes me as a total waste of time.

Each to their own, I suppose.

The Sad Punk said:

Does this mean the upload didn't make it through?

Nevermind! Mine's still going, if you drop out I'll email it to you anyway.

I've had to restart it twice. :mad:

I imagine it won't finish until after I've gone to bed, I'm afraid. I'll e-mail the link to you when I get up, if that proves to be the case.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:shifty:

I'm weird about tans... On some people it looks very nice, on others a tan makes them look awful, like they've aged twenty years.

I look good with a bit of color, but I'm content with my milky white skin. :sexywink: (Milky white sounds a hell of a lot better than "pasty" or "Casper the ghoset-like" :wink: )

Perhaps a little sun here and there is ok, but for some who go overboard, it does indeed look awful.

phanan said:
I've decided that the original U.S. version of The Sky Moves Sideways comes closest to what the album should have been, as it includes Stars Die.

Include the full version of Moonloop instead of the edit, and add Prepare Yourself, and there's your winner.

The Sky Moves Sideways (Phase 1)
Stars Die
Moonloop
Dislocated Day
The Moon Touches Your Shoulder
Prepare Yourself
The Sky Moves Sideways (Phase 2)

Ah, yeah, that seems fair. The British edition was pressed too early to include Stars Die, no?

I tend to be rather content with the 2 disc remaster though, as the definitive edition. It's not exactly what you'd throw at a casual fan, but if you're right into PT, it's perfect. :drool:

Axver said:

Ah, yeah, that seems fair. The British edition was pressed too early to include Stars Die, no?

I tend to be rather content with the 2 disc remaster though, as the definitive edition. It's not exactly what you'd throw at a casual fan, but if you're right into PT, it's perfect. :drool:

I think SW just changed his mind after, realizing that Stars Die was too good not to be on there, so when it came time for it to be released here, he added it.

The two disc remaster is beautiful, but I would've used the lineup I posted before, and then on the second disc, have the alternate version of the title track by itself, or perhaps add Men Of Wood, too.

I put the songs together on my iPod the way I wanted, using Stars Die and Moonloop from the second disc (as they flow together) right after Phase 1, then continuing on with the rest. It works perfectly, I must say.

The shoegazer kick I'm on tonight refuses to die. Ride's Dreams Burn Down is very :drool:-worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom