Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Bonnie, have you heard much Bailter Space? I tend to prefer their noise rock side as opposed to the dream pop side, but either way, it's quality Kiwi shoegazer. Projects is a fucking awesome song. I am a wee bit of a Bailter Space heretic as I think Vortura is a better album to the more popular Robot World.

Axver said:

I've never heard ANY Chapterhouse. I've got all this random obscure shoegazer on my hard drive that frankly isn't all that great (couldn't even tell you many names because I don't play it much), but I've missed most of the classics. Got to rectify this. I rather liked the Chapterhouse song you linked to.

Ah, I'll have to upload Whirlpool sometime, then. :) In the meantime, as I don't have it here, would you like me to upload this Lilys album I'm listening to?

Axver said:
Oh, Bonnie, have you heard much Bailter Space? I tend to prefer their noise rock side as opposed to the dream pop side, but either way, it's quality Kiwi shoegazer. Projects is a fucking awesome song. I am a wee bit of a Bailter Space heretic as I think Vortura is a better album to the more popular Robot World.

I'm not sure if I've even heard of them! :reject: They sound pretty cool, I'll try checking them out sometime.

The Sad Punk said:

Ah, I'll have to upload Whirlpool sometime, then. :) In the meantime, as I don't have it here, would you like me to upload this Lilys album I'm listening to?

Oooh, I would love that! And I'll see if I can find a Chapterhouse download somewhere. :)

The Sad Punk said:

I'm not sure if I've even heard of them! :reject: They sound pretty cool, I'll try checking them out sometime.

I could upload some of their stuff if you'd like. They evolved out of the Dunedin Sound scene I'm so fond of. It had a bit of a noise rock inclination at one end of the scale, and Bailter Space brought in shoegazy elements and went overseas.

I've seen a couple of people classify some Straitjacket Fits material in with shoegazer too. I think that's absolutely absurd - some noise rock is in their material, but shoegazer, no. I think you may still enjoy some of their work. I know I love their band name at least!

I'm gonna upload the Lilys now. :)

Axver said:

I could upload some of their stuff if you'd like. They evolved out of the Dunedin Sound scene I'm so fond of. It had a bit of a noise rock inclination at one end of the scale, and Bailter Space brought in shoegazy elements and went overseas.

I've seen a couple of people classify some Straitjacket Fits material in with shoegazer too. I think that's absolutely absurd - some noise rock is in their material, but shoegazer, no. I think you may still enjoy some of their work. I know I love their band name at least!

Sure, if you don't mind I'd definitely be up to hearing some.

As for Straitjacket Fits, they sound good, but for now save them for a later date. :)

Hahaha, I actually have to head off to work later this morning. But we'll see.

:wink:

Is it just me, or has it been a couple of really dreary, depressing days?

The Sad Punk said:
I'm gonna upload the Lilys now. :)

Sure, if you don't mind I'd definitely be up to hearing some.

As for Straitjacket Fits, they sound good, but for now save them for a later date. :)

Cool, thank you! And I'll get onto uploading Vortura now. Odds are, you'll like Robot World more, so best to start at Vortura and improve to Robot World, eh? :wink:

Axver said:
Hey Maj.! :wave:

Told you I'd see you on Interference! :evil:

Quiet, you. :madspit:

I actually just went to see Iron Man, and wasn't intending to come online, but felt the urge to check for messages.

major_panic said:
Is it just me, or has it been a couple of really dreary, depressing days?

I LOVED today. Sure, the rain was a bit of a pain, what with forgetting my umbrella and all, but the temperature and the breeze couldn't have suited me better. Strolling across South Lawn was delightfully refreshing.

major_panic said:

Quiet, you. :madspit:

I actually just went to see Iron Man, and wasn't intending to come online, but felt the urge to check for messages.

You know you can't resist the allure of the postwhorehouse. It's the only whorehouse you'll ever know, Mr 96% Purity Score.

Axver said:

You know you can't resist the allure of the postwhorehouse. It's the only whorehouse you'll ever know, Mr 96% Purity Score.

Oh be silent. I'll get a girl someday. That someday may be a long long time in the future, but it'll come eventually. (I hope) :wink:

major_panic said:
Oh be silent. I'll get a girl someday. That someday may be a long long time in the future, but it'll come eventually. (I hope) :wink:

Do what Luther did: find a nun you like and persuade her with theology to be your wife.

Damn my Internet's upload speeds for sucking! Vortura's going to take 1.5 hours to upload.

Ah well, at least my download speeds comparatively rock ...

Axver said:

Do what Luther did: find a nun you like and persuade her with theology to be your wife.

Hah. At the rate I'm going, it'll be me who needs to be persuaded; being the token not-so-attractive outspoken bastard who plays devil's advocate and inevitably makes valid points in the church really doesn't help one's chances.

major_panic said:

Hah. At the rate I'm going, it'll be me who needs to be persuaded; being the token not-so-attractive outspoken bastard who plays devil's advocate and inevitably makes valid points in the church really doesn't help one's chances.

Just remember, there's always somebody in an even worse position than you: me! I'll probably marry a library or something. No, that wasn't a typo of 'librarian'. Books don't talk back to you.

The Sad Punk said:

Don't worry, it's the same for me. :(

I want to splurge on better Internet, but what I have is the best I can afford, really. I feel like such a music leech too.

The Wanderer
I went out walking through streets paved with gold
Lifted some stones, saw the skin and bones
Of a city without a soul
I went out walking under an atomic sky
Where the ground won't turn and the rain it burns
Like the tears when I said goodbye.

Yeah, I went with nothing, nothing but the thought of you.
I went wandering.

I went drifting through the capitals of tin
Where men can't walk or freely talk
And sons turn their fathers in.
I stopped outside a church house
Where the citizens like to sit.
They say they want the kingdom
But they don't want God in it.

I went out riding down that old eight-lane
I passed a thousand signs looking for my own name.
I went with nothing but the thought you'd be there too,
Looking for you.

I went out there in search of experience
To taste and to touch and to feel as much
As a man can before he repents.

I went out searching, looking for one good man
A spirit who would not bend or break
Who would sit at his father's right hand.
I went out walking with a bible and a gun
The word of God lay heavy on my heart
I was sure I was the one.

Now Jesus, don't you wait up, Jesus I'll be home soon.
Yeah, I went out for the papers, told her I'd be back by noon.
Yeah, I left with nothing but the thought you'd be there too
Looking for you.

Yeah, I went with nothing, nothing but the thought of you.
I went wandering.

Axver said:

Just remember, there's always somebody in an even worse position than you: me! I'll probably marry a library or something. No, that wasn't a typo of 'librarian'. Books don't talk back to you.

And they're always interesting, and don't need a lot of maintenance.

I should look into that... :hmm:

major_panic said:

And they're always interesting, and don't need a lot of maintenance.

I should look into that... :hmm:

And if you go to another library, it's not going to call you a cheating bastard. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom