Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:

I'll be here 'til then, don't worry. :wink:

Guess it's just different strokes for Loveless, really. It was briefly my favourite shoegaze album late last year and early this year, but some of it does sound sort of tired now. I wear out things quite badly, which is especially frustrating as I find it hard to discover music I genuinely enjoy to begin with.

Never listened to Spiritualized, I thought they were more post-Shoegaze. I do have a collection of Spacemen 3, though.

1.5 hours to go. I need better Internet!

Righto, I'm going to put Loveless on now and see how it strikes me. As it stands, I've finished Mezcal Head (really enjoyed it; will return to it soon) and am just playing more Porcupine Tree. So I might as well play Loveless. For me, with albums I like, I find I can't wear them out. The Unforgettable Fire is the album I've played the most in my life, and it's still my favourite ever. I'm still finding things to love in Anathema's Judgement. Though Judgement has almost made me like a music version of a drug addict, desperately trying to find an album to replicate the experience of listening to Judgement for the first time. No album has ever blown me away so much as that.

And what's Spacemen 3 like? Another band I've heard OF a fair bit but haven't heard ...

Axver said:

1.5 hours to go. I need better Internet!

Righto, I'm going to put Loveless on now and see how it strikes me. As it stands, I've finished Mezcal Head (really enjoyed it; will return to it soon) and am just playing more Porcupine Tree. So I might as well play Loveless. For me, with albums I like, I find I can't wear them out. The Unforgettable Fire is the album I've played the most in my life, and it's still my favourite ever. I'm still finding things to love in Anathema's Judgement. Though Judgement has almost made me like a music version of a drug addict, desperately trying to find an album to replicate the experience of listening to Judgement for the first time. No album has ever blown me away so much as that.

And what's Spacemen 3 like? Another band I've heard OF a fair bit but haven't heard ...

Looking forward to hearing it! I'm sure the time will fly.

I have that feeling you had with the Anathema album with songs, but never with albums. It's all about keeping attention, I guess - if one song is lower in quality than before then, when listening to an album chronologically for the first time, it will likely downplay the songs after it, no matter how good they are - just because my interest fades.

Spacemen 3 were pretty good, not my very favourites but still solid. I have some albums on my computer at my Yorke Peninsula home, but I don't know when I'm going there next.

Alisaura said:

Seeing that Rolling Stones trailer before U23D was interesting... I've seen better looking fossils. :huh: Adam isn't quite THAT dessicated yet! :lol:

Yeah, UABRS was fine. I didn't even notice that was a mullet... :der:
No idea about the Dead Skunk era... it looks UF-ish though. Although maybe that's just the Japanese text confusing me...

:lol: That Stones trailer was fucking creepy. And OK, Keith Richards looks older than the bloody universe. But Mick Jagger's looking younger than Adam. Adam's aged appallingly over the last few years. 2000-01 or so, he looked his best since the afro days ...

I'm guessing Dead Skunk is after the War Tour but before the UF Tour? It seems like it would logically fit between Bono's hairstyles at Loreley, 20/08/83, and Dortmund, 21/11/84. (See, Bonnie was right re: bootlegs!)

unico said:
it's the first of may, everyone!
outdoor fucking starts today :drool:

Hey Mizza! :wave:

THE TEMPERATURE WAS FUCKING AWESOME HERE IN MELBOURNE TODAY. The rain not so much, but good God, I'd spend plenty of time outdoors every day if it had today's temperature and breeze.

That Stones trailer was fucking creepy. And OK, Keith Richards looks older than the bloody universe. But Mick Jagger's looking younger than Adam. Adam's aged appallingly over the last few years. 2000-01 or so, he looked his best since the afro days ..

Yeah, Adam needs to get back on the booze and reefer. He's aged since he's gone sXe!

Axver said:

Hey Mizza! :wave:

THE TEMPERATURE WAS FUCKING AWESOME HERE IN MELBOURNE TODAY. The rain not so much, but good God, I'd spend plenty of time outdoors every day if it had today's temperature and breeze.

yeah the temp was great my ass!

thats why i was wearing my trench coat inside over my hoodie and work shirt with long sleeve tee underneath.

:|

:eeklaugh:

Alisaura said:
The baldness thing aside (although that's not really age-related in this case), I think Edge has probably aged best (least?) out of all of them.

Wait, Edge hasn't naturally gone bald?

The Sad Punk said:
MIA FUCK YEA!

whee.gif

mysterious_jen said:
yeah the temp was great my ass!

thats why i was wearing my trench coat inside over my hoodie and work shirt with long sleeve tee underneath.

:|

:eeklaugh:

:lol:

I was wearing my thicker blazer over my Porcupine Tree t-shirt, but I came to regret that as I was a bit warm and had to leave the blazer open most of the time. Should've worn the thinner dark greyish one I've worn to U2 3D both times.

welllllllllllllllll people i have yet again procrastinated my nigth away and will not achieve any of my fucking work targets this month.
bagh.

but it was fun poking shit at bonos hair!

byeeeeeeeeee

The Sad Punk said:
Looking forward to hearing it! I'm sure the time will fly.

I have that feeling you had with the Anathema album with songs, but never with albums. It's all about keeping attention, I guess - if one song is lower in quality than before then, when listening to an album chronologically for the first time, it will likely downplay the songs after it, no matter how good they are - just because my interest fades.

Spacemen 3 were pretty good, not my very favourites but still solid. I have some albums on my computer at my Yorke Peninsula home, but I don't know when I'm going there next.

The entire Judgement album worked together so well, it just left me speechless. I couldn't stop listening to it. I even went to a lot of effort to rig up my computer speakers so I could listen to the album in the shower, that's how much I loved it in the first week I heard it. It still sounds just as good to me as well. It's my second favourite album ever, behind The Unforgettable Fire. I rarely recommend it to people though, because I know they won't experience it the way I did and I have a tendency to overhype things.

Otherwise, yeah, it's generally songs rather than albums. It's rare for me to find an album that sounds so complete.

Listening to Loveless now ... it's good, but not that great to me. I definitely prefer my shoegazer to have a heavier edge and not to be TOTALLY washed out. Ride's Seagull is pretty much exactly what I want out of shoegazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom