Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious_jen said:

hey i also ramble, have bad hair and cant play guitar to save myself !

:lol: But you don't ramble pointlessly for 10 minutes before One.

And in, what, 48 or so years on this planet, I don't think Bono has once had a good haircut.

cinnaminson said:
oh noooo, the telly's doing some spontaneous update thing. It's never done that before:ohmy:
Ours just did that too!! Freaked me RIGHT out. Thought Edge's family was coming to invade the planet... :lol:

Now, I've never had a good haircut and I ramble all the fucking time, but at least I never had a mullet. :laugh:

Yeah, I downloaded Mezcal Head. I could upload it for you if you like. I've really enjoyed it, just a couple of tracks to go now. It isn't really that shoegazey in comparison to other stuff I know, but still rather good.

I'll track down some Telescopes then. I really badly want more shoegaze, so I'm open to any recommendations.

Incidentally, I've never understood why Loveless is worshipped as the ultimate shoegazer album. Nowhere fucking destroys it on every level.

Oh, if you could upload it that'd be awesome. I need something good to listen to and analyse tonight. :up:

Loveless took ages to grow on me. For a long time the only songs I really liked were Sometimes and When You Sleep. Then I started liking I Only Said and Soon... and Only Shallow, and then the rest of the album opened up. I think it's a very complete album, in fact I think it's more of a single song than 11 tracks. I treat it very differently to Nowhere, and like both of them sort of equally, but in different ways. Mainly, I just love that those sounds could come out of a guitar! Shoegaze in all of its forms was so important in the early 90s - whereas most other rock groups were doing the same old shit in that time, rehashing the 70s and late 60s mainly, the shoegazer movement was incredibly fresh in comparison.

Of course, now a lot of bands today are rehashing shoegaze sounds from that period. The circle of life lives on!

Do you like Catherine Wheel? They had the heavier sound going.

cinnaminson said:
phew, i thought we hadn't paid a bill or something. . . .and then it turned itself off and scared the crap out of me with that stupid static noise :crazy:
We both dove for the mute button... :yikes:

Bono's Hair: The Non-PLEBAn View (aka The Sane, Head-Screwed-On View) From A Male Who Really Doesn't Give A Shit But The Topic's Come Up

1970s-1982: The Mop Era
1983-1985: The Mullet Era
1986-1990: The Bogan Cowboy Era
1991-1994: The Slicked Back Sleazy Creep Era
1995-1996: The Wannabe Artsy Fart Era
1997-1999: The Unnecessarily Shaved Era
2000-2003: The Walking, Talking Stereotype Era
2004-2008: The Going Grey And Hair Implants Era

Alisaura said:

*notices you don't evaluate your guitar skillz*

:wink:

Because the phailure of my guitar skills cannot be accurately summed up in mere words.

r201hvty1.jpg

I think this cut was okay.

Axver said:
Bono's Hair: The Non-PLEBAn View (aka The Sane, Head-Screwed-On View) From A Male Who Really Doesn't Give A Shit But The Topic's Come Up

1970s-1982: The Mop Era
1983-1985: The Mullet Era
1986-1990: The Bogan Cowboy Era
1991-1994: The Slicked Back Sleazy Creep Era
1995-1996: The Wannabe Artsy Fart Era
1997-1999: The Unnecessarily Shaved Era
2000-2003: The Walking, Talking Stereotype Era
2004-2008: The Going Grey And Hair Implants Era
If you didn't give a shit, you wouldn't have wasted the neurons on making a list :p

Also, you forgot the Dead Skunk Era and the Roosterhead Era.

cinnaminson said:
you made that list very quickly for someone that doesn't care :wink:

Wouldn't that actually prove my point? A PLEBAn who does care would probably spend hours agonising over it, breaking it down by tour, tour leg, concert, and even main set vs encore. "Well, the main set was Cowboy Bogan Era, but in the encore, it was more Exhausted Cowboy Era with just a hint of bogan ..."

Alisaura said:

If you didn't give a shit, you wouldn't have wasted the neurons on making a list :p

Also, you forgot the Dead Skunk Era and the Roosterhead Era.

... do I even want to know about those two eras? :yikes:

Axver said:

Wouldn't that actually prove my point? A PLEBAn who does care would probably spend hours agonising over it, breaking it down by tour, tour leg, concert, and even main set vs encore. "Well, the main set was Cowboy Bogan Era, but in the encore, it was more Exhausted Cowboy Era with just a hint of bogan ..."

oh no, we're much too busy looking at neck sweat and tight pants to bother with that much detail :wink:

Axver said:
Once again, too much thought going into this for an alleged non-PLEBAn. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom