Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonnie, you still around? What do you make of Swervedriver? I'm listening to them for the first time, the Mezcal Head album, and it's pretty sweet so far.

I do prefer the heavier shoegaze stuff. It possibly says something about me that my two favourite shoegazer songs are Seagull and Dreams Burn Down by Ride.

also this is my favorite post of the day

Addicted To Bad said:

I agree he looks relaxed but I don´t believe Bono is the kind of man who will use/need botox someday...:eyebrow:

Please, Bono: don´t do this silly thing and become a plastic man... :pray: Keep the " Original of the species"..

THE GOAL IS SOUL !

Varitek said:

yeah there are bells.

i recommend von which myrkur is on, takk, and englar alhaimsins. agaetis byrjun seems good too, but i haven't listened to the whole thing.

I'll have to give them a spin then. I'm in a mood for more music.

When I really should be in a mood to write bullshit essays, but eh.

Damn you Geelongians and your chocolate. I want chocolate!

Geelongians? Geelongites? Geelongers? I don't fucking know. Pivotonians, per the Cats' former name?

Axver said:

How does this person breathe?

through three connected straws...

my friend woulda found that funny. you would too if you went to youtube and searched "daxflame the convenient truth" but probably you'd have to watch other daxflame first to get the hang of it.

Varitek said:
and can i say that bono has got the most wretched haircut he's had since the mullet days.

No, the shaved bald Bono from the start of Popmart's third leg is by far the worst he's ever had. Mullet included.

Axver said:

How does this person breathe?

My favourite thing about that poster is that, if you check some of her posts in Pleba (which you would never do), her favourite Bono is unashamedly the TV Gaga one.

I mean yeah he's my favourite too, but just because he looked silly.

Axver said:
Bonnie, you still around? What do you make of Swervedriver? I'm listening to them for the first time, the Mezcal Head album, and it's pretty sweet so far.

I do prefer the heavier shoegaze stuff. It possibly says something about me that my two favourite shoegazer songs are Seagull and Dreams Burn Down by Ride.

Yeah, I'm still here. I was actually trying to learn some French for a while, and I had my dog inside so that kept me sort of busy. I think I've twisted her head by saying (badly pronounced) French sentences to her.:lol:

I have only a few downloaded tracks from Swervedriver, but most of the ones I have I really like. Son of a Mustang Ford is probably my favourite song of theirs. Did you download Mezcal Head? I've been trying to track down the whole thing.

If you want heavier shoegaze, Telescopes did that pretty well.

The Sad Punk said:

My favourite thing about that poster is that, if you check some of her posts in Pleba (which you would never do), her favourite Bono is unashamedly the TV Gaga one.

I mean yeah he's my favourite too, but just because he looked silly.

:lol:

Why am I not shocked this person has staggered into PLEBA?

The Sad Punk said:
Yeah, I'm still here. I was actually trying to learn some French for a while, and I had my dog inside so that kept me sort of busy. I think I've twisted her head by saying (badly pronounced) French sentences to her.:lol:

:laugh:

I have only a few downloaded tracks from Swervedriver, but most of the ones I have I really like. Son of a Mustang Ford is probably my favourite song of theirs. Did you download Mezcal Head? I've been trying to track down the whole thing.

If you want heavier shoegaze, Telescopes did that pretty well.

Yeah, I downloaded Mezcal Head. I could upload it for you if you like. I've really enjoyed it, just a couple of tracks to go now. It isn't really that shoegazey in comparison to other stuff I know, but still rather good.

I'll track down some Telescopes then. I really badly want more shoegaze, so I'm open to any recommendations.

Incidentally, I've never understood why Loveless is worshipped as the ultimate shoegazer album. Nowhere fucking destroys it on every level.

cinnaminson said:
I didn't mind bald Pop Bono. I think it mainly had to do with him being super fit looking :combust:

I can't say I paid that much attention. He just looked ridiculous without hair, especially with the sunnies on.

But let's face it, Bono's hair normally looks like shit. It's part of the deal with following U2: Bono rambles a lot, has bad hair, and can't play guitar to save himself.

Axver said:

I can't say I paid that much attention. He just looked ridiculous without hair, especially with the sunnies on.

But let's face it, Bono's hair normally looks like shit. It's part of the deal with following U2: Bono rambles a lot, has bad hair, and can't play guitar to save himself.

hey i also ramble, have bad hair and cant play guitar to save myself !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom