Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinball Wizard

Refugee
Any closet Black Sabbath fan's out there lurking?

My faves are Sweet Leaf, Nativity In Black, and WAR P.I.G.S.

Not so much a digger of the Ozzy gold.

There's definitely a lot of Jimmy Page influence in Tony Iommi's work. You just have to listen ot songs like N.I.B and Iron Man. The solo part for Iron Man sounds particularly like Black Dog, and maybe The Ocean.

Comments on Sabbath, good or bad?

Some good, some bad.

Ozzy + Zakk Wylde. Definitely not my bag.

:down:

don't start threads with titles like this! it's that sort of thing that ld me to think that SBS was a sabbath song in the first place! really...it was played next to something else on the radio about 6 years ago and i got confused (since i didn't know who blak sabbath or u2 were at the time...i lived under a rock).

i heard something the other night on the radio that sounded like manic street preachers mixed with big audio dynamite and it turned out to be ozzy...

:down: zakk wylde :down:

Yeehaw.

My fav Black Sabbath songs:

The Wizard (in honor of Pinball Wizard)
Paranoid
War Pigs
Iron Man

Those are the only ones I can think of right now, I probably like more.

You are compelled to like more.

There's a tribute album called Nativity In Black II... and it has some decent covers. Including Ozzy and Primus doing NIB I believe.

:up:

And IWB, the SBS's are very much different. I think that the Black Sabbath one pre-dates the U2 one.

:sexywink:

Except for BustaRhymes cover of Iron Man... This Means War.

For some reason, I feel uncomfortable singing the lyrics.

:down:

nop dont like Black S,
i was trying out for this band as a singer and sang zep tunes, they liked zep but talked more about black s and said if i could sing like ozzy(sharron hahaha) i wanted to throw up, never liked that im the prince of fucking darkness stick(sh/tick).

shaun vox said:
nop dont like Black S,
i was trying out for this band as a singer and sang zep tunes, they liked zep but talked more about black s and said if i could sing like ozzy(sharron hahaha) i wanted to throw up, never liked that im the prince of fucking darkness stick(sh/tick).

Surely you can appreciate the riffs of one Tony Iommi... ever so similar to the Blues riff styling of Zeppelin (like the whiz was saying). I admit though that I'm not a huge fan of Ozzy's voice. In the early days he had a few decent vocal performances, but he lacked the stamina that was present in a lot of his contemporaries (like Roger and Robert)... on and off stage.

:sexywink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom