S H O E G A Z I N G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
she's so hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

she's so hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

she's so hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

I want to crawl all over her!!!

blur's alright.

i don't really consider them shoegaze, though.

i much prefer ride or slowdive or mbv.

Zoomerang96 said:
some is pretty good

what do you mean? :confused:

^ yeah, I guess She's So High is probably the only shoegazing song of theirs!

But it's also probably the only one of that genre I know :reject: that's why I used it. Plus I love that tune! :drool:

Looks like My Bloody Valentine is like the definitive shoegazer band! Now I'm all the more interested in getting Loveless.

Zootlesque said:
^ yeah, I guess She's So High is probably the only shoegazing song of theirs!

But it's also probably the only one of that genre I know :reject: that's why I used it. Plus I love that tune! :drool:
so is this a blur appreciation thread, or a shoegaze appreciation thread? or something more random?

Didn't they wear boring sneakers?

I really liked the first Ride album. In college, I was in love with "Only Shallow" by My Bloody Valentine. It took me years to finally get around to buying the album.

Blur are not very interesting to me, and definitely not shoegazer. They just rode every bandwagon they came across.

In 1991 they decided to be shoegazer - because that was hip.

In 1995 they were Britpop - ditto

In 1997 they were US indie rockers, all of a sudden.

Their 1997 album is OK, and Graham Coxon is a talented guitarist, but Damon Albarn is just a c***.

indra said:

I don't really know. But that would suck if they did. :(

Well, maybe they were boring, but cool, like Chuck Taylors. I doubt they were Manolo Blahniks or Jimmy Choo, or something.

:wink:

Was Curve a shoegazer band? I liked their first album quite a bit, too.

Ooh, and Lush! I dug them.

financeguy said:
Blur are not very interesting to me, and definitely not shoegazer. They just rode every bandwagon they came across.

In 1991 they decided to be shoegazer - because that was hip.

In 1995 they were Britpop - ditto

In 1997 they were US indie rockers, all of a sudden.

Their 1997 album is OK, and Graham Coxon is a talented guitarist, but Damon Albarn is just a c***.

oh COME ON.

blur are one of the very best groups to come out of the 90's, top five for certain.

Zoomerang96 said:
oh COME ON.

blur are one of the very best groups to come out of the 90's, top five for certain.

Is this a joke? Name ONE song by Albarn that will be remembered in 30 years from now.

financeguy, correct me if I'm wrong but blur were shoegazers only for the leisure album! They didn't jump on any britpop bangwagon (like some people accuse U2 of jumping on the techno bangwagon with Pop :rolleyes: ) cos... they WERE britpop!!! for the most part until 1997 like you said when they became indie for some reason! But I loved Beetlebum!... Hated On Your Own. And again, they sound different on Think Tank... or so I hear.

Zootlesque said:
financeguy, correct me if I'm wrong but blur were shoegazers only for the leisure album! They didn't jump on any britpop bangwagon (like some people accuse U2 of jumping on the techno bangwagon with Pop :rolleyes: ) cos... they WERE britpop!!!

I won't nitpick over dates, but there's not denying they were bandwagon jumpers par excellence. Graham Coxon has even said this in interviews - it's probably why he split the band up, as he was clearly the only genuinely talented musician in the group.

financeguy said:

I won't nitpick over dates, but there's not denying they were bandwagon jumpers par excellence. Graham Coxon has even said this in interviews - it's probably why he split the band up, as he was clearly the only genuinely talented musician in the group.

wow. I'm not in a position to argue with you cos I only have their Best Of. And goddamn! what a great fucking CD that is!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

financeguy said:

Is this a joke? Name ONE song by Albarn that will be remembered in 30 years from now.

well i don't really care what the general public will remember, because that's impossible to tell.

does song 2 not count?

even if you dismiss that tune, songs like this is a low, no distance left to run, tender, the universal, etc. etc... are amazing.

how you can't see that is beyond me.

if damon was a no talent hack, then someone please explain why not only blur kicks ass (including think tank to a degree), but gorillaz as well?

i'm well aware of coxon's genius, but damon deserves credit too.

Zoomerang96 said:
does song 2 not count?

even if you dismiss that tune, songs like this is a low, no distance left to run, tender, the universal, etc. etc... are amazing.

how you can't see that is beyond me.

What's so great about Song 2?

'No distance left to run' and 'the Universal' - pretty good tracks, I will grant that.

But overall, Suede have done 5 X times as many good songs as Blur. Damon Albarn is not gaze to lick Brett Anderson's shoes.

well there's no question suede have their place too.

but i'm not comparing band against band here, i'm taking blur for their own merits.

they're right up there with the verve for me.

See, this is no good. Is there anyway you could rephrase your post to say that you hate Suede?

I came on here looking for an argument, and I'm damn well gonna have it. :angry: :lol:

The lyrics in the original post have reminded me of that Tal Bachman song...

she's so hiiiigh
high above me
she's so lovely
she's so hiiiigh
like cleopetra
joan of arc, or aphrodite

namkcuR said:
I've never heard a blur song in my life.

Get this CD. You won't regret it.

B000056PXM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom