Ryan Adams---who is this cat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayhawk

The Fly
Lawrence, KS ultraviolet_j since March 2001
I saw this guy play live on Monday night in KC and I was completely blown away. I did not know what I was missing! What can you guys tell me about him? I just got his 2 CDs from a coworker today but haven't had time to listen to them. His live show was just so simple but I loved it! Absolutely beautiful songs.

dude, where have you been? Ryan Adams is good stuff...he's been on all those lists people make about good artists this year, etc. Pay attention!
wink.gif

The newest CD is very good. You will spot a lot of diverse influences: Van Morrison, Rolling Stones, I can't remember who all else. I love it though.

~U2Alabama

Dude! Ryan Adams rocks! He even has a song about Sylvia Plath!

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
dude, where have you been? Ryan Adams is good stuff...he's been on all those lists people make about good artists this year, etc. Pay attention!
wink.gif

but what I am getting at here...you can hear the songs on your CD player or the radio but to be able to pull it off live is a completely different story. He was amazing...alright...who has bootlegs?

Ryan Adams bootlegs are all over AudioGalaxy and mIRC. There's a great mp3 of him singing "I Want It That Way," I think in Tennessee.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, lots of great music there!!

I think there's a lot of Led Zepplin influence there as well

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

I met a bootlegger at a local bar where some of my friends were playing. This guy has 500+ shows that he's recorded and Ryan Adams is like his new obsession. He's travelled around to record his live gigs. So from his opinion, I gather that the man puts on an excellent live act.
smile.gif

Originally posted by paxetaurora:
Dude! Ryan Adams rocks! He even has a song about Sylvia Plath!

Really? What song is this?

Originally posted by meegannie:
Ryan Adams bootlegs are all over AudioGalaxy and mIRC. There's a great mp3 of him singing "I Want It That Way," I think in Tennessee.
biggrin.gif

"I Want It That Way" as in Backstreet Boys?
biggrin.gif

BTW, Bono's duet with Andrea Corr "When The Stars Go Blue" is originally a Ryan Adams song.

ryan adams is the worst live performer!

i saw him in madison in december and the guy couldn't have been any more of a prick!

the band took 5 minutes inbetween songs... he heckled the audience and said shit like: 'i make more money in a week than you do in an entire year'... he was horrendous!

for his encore he sang the same set list for the first half of the show but this time acoustically...

he was drunk and high... and since that show i've boycotted adams and everything he does.

sorry... just have to vent about that prick. he totally disappointed me... and runied a show i was so looking forward to...

Originally posted by irms:

i saw him in madison in december and the guy couldn't have been any more of a prick!

the band took 5 minutes inbetween songs... he heckled the audience and said shit like: 'i make more money in a week than you do in an entire year'... he was horrendous!

for his encore he sang the same set list for the first half of the show but this time acoustically...

he was drunk and high... and since that show i've boycotted adams and everything he does.

sorry... just have to vent about that prick. he totally disappointed me... and runied a show i was so looking forward to...

now tell us how you really feel.
biggrin.gif

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Originally posted by irms:

Geez. What a turnoff.

Back
Top Bottom