Ryan Adams Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
*EDIT 12/11/06* 2007 Dates

1/17 Michigan Theater - Ann Arbor (CANCELLED)
1/18 House Of Blues - Chicago
1/19 State Theater - Minneapolis (CANCELLED)
1/21 Riverside Theater - Milwaukee (CANCELLED)
1/23 Rococo - Lincoln (CANCELLED)
1/24 VooDoo - N. Kansas City (CANCELLED)
1/25 Missouri Theater - Columbia (CANCELLED)
1/27 Germantown PAC - Memphis (CANCELLED)
1/30 PromoWest Pavilion - Columbus (CANCELLED)
1/31 Carnegie Theater - Pittsburgh (CANCELLED)
2/1 Buffalo Center for the Arts - Buffalo (CANCELLED)
2/2 Orpheum Theater - Boston (CANCELLED)

~~~SOME OLD DATES~~~

08/01/06 Nashville, TN The Ryman
08/02/06 St. Louis, MO The Pageant
08/03/06 Indianapolis, IN The Vogue
08/04/06 Chicago, IL Grant Park
09/08/06 Anaheim, CA House of Blues
09/09/06 San Diego, CA House of Blues
09/10/06 Hollywood, CA Hollywood Bowl
09/17/06 nr. Salisbury, UK End Of The Road Festival
09/18/06 London, UK Bush Hall
09/19/06 London, UK Borderline
09/21/06 Newcastle UK Newcastle Academy
09/22/06 Glasgow UK Glasgow Academy
09/24/06 Nottingham UK Rock City
09/25/06 Birmingham UK Birmingham Academy
09/27/06 Cambridge UK Corn Exchange
09/28/06 Manchester UK Manchester Academy 1
09/30/06 London UK Shepherds Bush Empire
10/01/06 London UK Shepherds Bush Empire
10/03/06 Amsterdam NL Paradiso
10/05/06 Brussels BE Cirque Royal
10/06/06 Koln DE Kantine
10/07/06 Assen NL Take Root Festival
10/09/06 Hamburg DE Ubel & Gefaehrlich
10/10/06 Copenhagen, Denmark Vega
10/11/06 Oslo NO Rockefeller
10/13/06 Stockholm SE Berns
10/15/06 Berlin DE Kesselhaus
10/16/06 Munich DE Muffathalle
10/17/06 Manheim DE Feuerwache: Enjoy Jazz Fest
10/18/06 Fribourg, SW Frison
10/21/06 Belfast IE Mandela Hall
10/22/06 Dublin IE Olympia
10/23/06 Cork IE The Savoy
10/24/06 Galway IE The Radisson Hotel

Last edited:
Nowhere near me, either :madspit:

The first time I saw him, he was brilliant. The second time I saw him, he argued with the crowd all night and got booed off stage because he wouldn't just shut up and play a song. I figure I'll give him one last chance before I decide if he's going to be someone I keep following or just someone whose albums I enjoy.

There might be more dates announced yet. There was nothing even official on his web site. We found these dates through TicketMaster and other sources. Some tickets are already on sale.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
The first time I saw him, he was brilliant. The second time I saw him, he argued with the crowd all night and got booed off stage because he wouldn't just shut up and play a song. I figure I'll give him one last chance before I decide if he's going to be someone I keep following or just someone whose albums I enjoy.

That's pretty much why I have no desire to see RA in concert. I adore his music, so I don't want to have to come to terms with the fact that he can be an ass.

Bonochick said:
There might be more dates announced yet. There was nothing even official on his web site. We found these dates through TicketMaster and other sources. Some tickets are already on sale.

I've been doing the compulsive search of ticketing and venue sites (for another band) too and have been seeing the Ryan Adams dates. It's both exciting and frustrating at the same time. When I run across RA dates I always think of you Bonochick. :)

There's such a big gap between the next to last date and the last date on your list that I would guess there will be more shows, especially in the western section of the US.

Bonochick said:

08/03/06 Indianapolis, IN The Vogue

I heard he could be pretty bad in concert...although this is near the end of the tour...and that could be a crap shoot...AND this venue is only four blocks from my home (high-five myself)!

STUMBLE IN....and STUMBLE OUT.

Drunk will only make the show better, right? RIGHT? :mad:

Courtesy of ryanadams.org...:wink:

RYAN ADAMS CONCERT MANUAL
(things to consider before attending a show)

1. Ryan talks too much in between songs, usually with his back to the crowd. Don't worry, relax, he'll play some more songs... eventually.

2. Ryan lights a cigarette after every song.

3. Ryan sips a glass of red wine after every song.

4. Ryan will play new songs all the time and not announce where they're from and/or if they're going to be released.

5. Ryan's hair will be a mess.

6. Ryan will cuss.

7. Ryan will rearrange all the songs you know and play them faster, slower, or in a Cookie Monster style, whatever he feels like on a given night

8. Ryan will sometimes play for 3.5 hours.

9. Ryan will sometimes leave within 70 minutes.

10. Ryan will not play a greatest hits rock show like Bryan.

11. Ryan will whine about last night's review.

12. Ryan might jam to a Mariah Carey or Madonna record.

13. Ryan might fall off the stage - please be ready to catch him this time, since the wankers in Liverpool didn't manage to.

14. Ryan may buy beer for the front rows.

15. Ryan may play one or more improv songs.

16. Ryan's gyrating hips my cause siezures and/or loss of bladder control. So look away-YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

17. Ryan will play impromptu improv songs dealing with pop culture, dreams, acid flashbacks, or people in the audience.

18. You will hear drunken morons screaming in the audience. This is not Ryan's fault.

19. Ryan will jam and rework songs live because he loves what he does.

20. He writes setlists according to what he thinks the mood ought to be OR the mood he's in...if you want something that's the same every time, go to a Britney Spears concert.

21. If you don't know the songs, it's not his fault, and you OUGHT to be appreciative that he's giving you so much new material in the first place. Most artists won't do that unless their A&R people "approve" it.

22. He is going to be loud. It's a rock show.

23. If you're one of those people yapping at the bar...SHUT UP.

24. Ryan has a wide range of breadth in singing ability and songs he's written. If you can't deal with change, don't go to a show.

25. Like it or not, his performances are sincere.

26. Ryan might hit on your girlfriend, if she has black hair and is artsy.

27. If you're Jim Derogatis: You will not understand - here's your money back.

28. Ryan makes more money in ONE DAY than you will in a year. And if you're a prick - he will tell you on stage.

29. If Ryan is playing a slow quiet song, shut the fuck up. This is not your invitation to start talking to your buddy.

30. Don't yell for Brown Sugar after every fucking song.

31. Even if you don't smoke pot/grass/doobies/kindbud/ganga, find some before the show and inhale.

32. Other than Jacksonville Skyline, don't count on anything that appeared on a Whiskeytown release, so don't scream for it during the acoustic set.

33. Inhale again....and then pass the dutch to the left hand side.

34. Don't scream out requests, Ryan won't play it.

35. He might do a horrible redention of Dylan's "Mississippi"... if you're lucky!!!

Bonochick said:

35. He might do a horrible redention of Dylan's "Mississippi"... if you're lucky!!!

:ohmy:

I'd die if he did. Even if it's horrible, it will still be infinitely better than Sheryl Crow's version.

So many of these things made me crack up, because they're dead-on. What ruined my second time seeing him was fans behaving badly. I love that he's been playing more country-tinged stuff again lately, and a lot of quieter songs. The man writes some brilliant ballads, songs so painful but true that they've made me feel like I was going to just crack in half. He was trying to get Strawberry Wine right when the drunk assholes on the floor booed him off the stage. :tsk:

The first time I saw him, I lead my friends down to the third row as if we belonged there (we didn't), and nobody ever showed up to tell us to move. It was a few days after Love Is Hell came out, and I heard This House Is Not For Sale for the first time and was blown away by it.

I think every major or artist with talent is allergic to Florida.

unless I'm completely out of the Florida Music Tour loop.

Jul 20 Sayerville NJ Starland Ballroom

First Set:

Shakedown On 9th Street
What Sin
Dear Chicago
Magnolia Mountain
Cherry Lane
Please Do Not Let Me Go
Beautiful Sorta
Mockingbird
To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High)
This Is It

Second set:

Let It Ride
A Kiss Before I Go
(Improv song about martians, Will Smith & Harry Connick Jr.)
Two Hearts
The End
Wish You Were Here
Note To Self: Don't Die
I See Monsters
Easy Plateau

Encore:

Why Do They Leave?
Chin Up, Cheer Up
Blue Hotel
Two
Come Pick Me Up

~~~

Ryan asked his fans at the message board to vote for a song to be played, and the winning song was "Chin Up, Cheer Up". While playing the song, Ryan said, "Ryan Adams and the Cardinals...we aim to please!"

Several people missed the encore. After the second set ended at 11:30, the house lights and music over the PA came on. The stage crew also began teardown. Some fans outside the venue could hear the music, and security was giving them a very hard time about being allowed back in.

Jul 21 Baltimore MD Sonar Ballroom

1st Set:

Peaceful Valley
Let It Ride
Magnolia Mountain
Oh My Sweet Carolina
To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High)
Winding Wheel
Love Is Hell
Please Do Not Let Me Go
Trains (tease)
This Is It
Tenessee Sucks
Dear Chicago
Beautiful Sorta

2nd Set

The End
A Kiss Before I Go
Meadowlake Street
September
La Cienega Just Smiled
Dance All Night
Nightbirds
Trains
Wharf Rat > Cold roses- > He's Gone > Mockingbird > Stella Blue

~~~

Apparently, "Cherry Lane" was also played, but it so far hasn't been determined where it was in the setlist.

Ryan played drums for Neal Casal (the opener), and Neal referred to him as, "DJ Reggie on drums", which was the inside joke of the show.

When the lights came on after 1:00 a.m., fans were still hanging around and cheering, but a voice came on the PA and said everyone had to leave.

Back
Top Bottom