Ryan Adams Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jul 22 Norfolk VA The Norva

First Set:

Love Is Hell
Let It Ride
When The Stars Go Blue
What Sin
Please Do Not Let Me Go
A Kiss Before I Go
He's Gone
Games
Shakedown On 9th Street
The End
Blue Hotel
Magnolia Mountain
I See Monsters

Second Set:

*new song*
*new song*
Mockingbird
This Is It
Note To Self: Don't Die
Wish You Were Here
Two
Dear Chicago
New York, New York
Beautiful Sorta
Anybody Wanna Take Me Home
Hard Way To Fall

Encore:

Strawberry Wine

~~~

Full band on all songs, except Strawberry Wine.

Jul 23 Charlottesville VA The Pavillion

Magnolia Mountain
Let It Ride
Easy Plateau
Wharf Rat
Peaceful Valley
Beautiful Sorta
Bird Song
Beautiful Sorta
Trains
Dear Chicago
A Kiss Before I Go
What Sin
Meadowlake Street
Cold Roses
Shakedown on 9th Street
Franklin's Tower
I See Monsters
The End
Blue Hotel
Please Do Not Let Me Go
Streets Of Baltimore
Love Satellite
Games
Mockingbird
To Be Young

Encore:

This Is It

Bonochick said:
Jul 23 Charlottesville VA The Pavillion

Magnolia Mountain
Let It Ride
Easy Plateau
Wharf Rat
Peaceful Valley
Beautiful Sorta
Bird Song
Beautiful Sorta
Trains
Dear Chicago
A Kiss Before I Go
What Sin
Meadowlake Street
Cold Roses
Shakedown on 9th Street
Franklin's Tower
I See Monsters
The End
Blue Hotel
Please Do Not Let Me Go
Streets Of Baltimore
Love Satellite
Games
Mockingbird
To Be Young

Encore:

This Is It

I was at this show. It rocked my socks so hard. Seriously, even the Jacksonville City Nights stuff is headbangable live. I'd never seen him before, and there was so much passion and energy in all of the music, though the second set was definitely very much a mid-tempo affair. This is It was a sick closer, and I'm glad they still played after some asshole hit one of the tech guys in the head with a beer. That prompted a lot of "Fuck you"'s from Ryan. Who compared his body smell to an onion factory.

And does Shakedown own live or what?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
If he comes here we are so going, got it? :D

YES! :D

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon
I'm glad they still played after some asshole hit one of the tech guys in the head with a beer. That prompted a lot of "Fuck you"'s from Ryan. Who compared his body smell to an onion factory.

OMG...:giggle:

Jul 25 Knoxville TN Bijou Theatre

This is the official setlist, as someone took a picture of it. Songs not played are noted:

Trains
Please Do Not Let Me Go
The End
A Kiss Before I Go
Blue Hotel
Silver Bullets (Adams piano)
Let It Ride
Hard Way to Fall (didn't play)
Shakedown On 9th Street > Franklin's Tower > Stella Blue
Lost Satelite
Games
Peaceful Valley
Why Do they Leave (didn't play)
Promises (Adams piano)
Song For You (Casal sang)
Does Anybody Wanna Take Me Home > This House Is Not For Sale > I See Monsters (didn't play)
Mocking Bird (didn't play)
Easy Plateau (didn't play)
Magnolia Mountain (didn't play)
He's Gone

~~~

Ryan apologized that they had to leave because of curfew. He also said that they have been recording for the past 6 months and finished three records, all of which Lost Highway has turned down.

During the show, a fan started yelling about how Ryan's pedals were speaking to him, to which Ryan replied, "I am glad you got a bag of weed and that you are so fucking high you think my pedals are talking to you." :lmao: :heart:

After the show, all of the Cardinals came out and spoke with the fans beside the Bijou. After an hour or so, Ryan came out walked directly across the street, stopped, threw stomething in the trash can, and kept walking. A few people ran after him, but it seemed more than obvious that he didn't want to speak to anyone at the moment.

It's all good, I understand. I was pissed honestly, when the show was over. I know that sometimes he just has bad days, but the only thing I was mad about was that he couldn't even thank everyone for coming. And then when he just walked off stage, that really pissed people off because the house lights hadn't come up, and didn't for a few minutes, and even the band looked confused.

Tonight was a bit of a dud but to be expected. A great show is not only what the band is projecting out to the crowd but what the other side of the stage is willing to spill back. Unfortunately, Knoxville is a bit of a sleeper *IMO*.

Now to the bitch who told Cat to F' off, please stand up next time so I know where to discard my empty bottles.

There were lots of obnoxious people. Drunks too. And yes it seemed like everything was going wrong for Ryan. I don't know what was going on. I am glad I got to see the Cardinals. I just wish I could go to another show.

I just know how i felt when i left the show... disappointed. Maybe the set wasn't that bad on second thought or maybe it was or whatever. I just know how great his shows can be and how bad this one was in comparison...

If everyone walks out of the show talking about how bad it was, things didn't go right. You can call it nay-saying or grumbling, but the show was certainly a disappointment and probably a little embarassing.

A friend of mine saw Ryan playing pinball at the Downtown Brewery after the show for quite some time... he wouldn't talk to anyone. I think he put his head down and tried to get through as many songs as possible.

As far as the band is concerned, Graboff and Brad both talked about being frustrated with the number of songs Ryan has brought into the studio. From what they said, they learn new songs and then Ryan comes in with 7 more new ones and they have to learn those... now they're at over 90.

I'm officially embarassed to be from Knoxville. There was a group of fans that encouraged the floor (which was about 90% seated) to get off their asses, which they finally did. The dude who was yelling at Ryan about, "turn your pedal on" while he was tuning should be beaten. Spend your $35 bucks on beer, stay at home, and SPARE US!!

I was there with a couple of friends that had never been to a ryan show. I was in shock. This is the fourth show that I've been to and I'm rather speechless. I love ryan and always will, but i don't know how i'll ever get my friends to trust me about a ryan show ever again. The songs that they played were good, but they only played one or two that I expected them to play.

I'm just as big of a Ryan fan as anybody, but 90 min sets and not even acknowledging your fans is shitty. It amazes me that people think that it's not ok to think that your favorite musician was in the wrong tonight. Rationalizing 1 set and no encore is crazy, I've never been to any show that was that short unless it was and opener, or a festival.

Everyone who is complaining can't say they weren't warned. Give the guy a break- just because he didn't play your 3 favorite songs doesn't mean something is wrong. I have seen him 5 times- 2x in DC on Gold / Demo tour- Paris at la Bataclan, Baltimore last summer when he had a meltdown and then sat amongst all of us in the crowd, and C-ville on Sun night. Every show completely different, defying expectations- and hard for me to pick a favorite. Relax people.

Just got home from the show. Terrible show. Sound was good, but Ryan was in a bitchy mood, I am guessing from a comment Neal made during his opening set. Ryan yelled at Neal and then didn't say a word all through his own set. Finally, at the very end he made some comment about going 5 minutes past curfew (which is BS - it was 11:05 and curfew is midnight) and bitched about some guy at Lost Highway and said good night and stormed off stage.

The band was sort of standing there with confused looks on their faces and then they left too. We all expected an encore but then the house lights came on. Glad I paid $40 for that...

i was there. it was pretty shitty. he played one 90-min. set...said nothing to the crowd (nor looked at us) until 80+ mins in, when he complained about the sound onstage (sounded great in the house), the curfew (then why did you take a 45-min break after neal?) and Lost Highway's refusal to put out "3 albums the cards have recorded since JCN". we got zero songs from gold, only "shakedown" from "heartbreaker"...and three casal-sung songs. i'm the biggest adams fan there is, but i left furious...feeling like he victimized his audience for things out of our control. he came out and played drums and piano during neal's opening set, and he seemed upbeat and happy. smiling and making faces at the crowd. the stage seemed to be set for a great set...the venue (bijou theatre) is stunning and seriously small, the acoustics were amazing...but the show was weak. don't get me wrong, but set was overwhelmingtly dark and slow, and ryan's lack of interaction w/ the crowd and horrible mood sapped the energy from the crowd. noone knew how to react. my wife and i drove up from asheville, dropped 90 on tix and 80 on a shitty w. knox hotel room. i'd love to know what the fuck happned between the opening set and the time the cards came out and opened w/ "trains."

Jul 27 Myrtle Beach SC House of Blues

Shakedown On 9th Street
To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High)
Dear Chicago
Please Do No Let Me Go
Beautiful Sorta > Wharf Rat > Beautiful Sorta
A Kiss Before I Go
Magnolia Mountain
This Is It
Mining Town
The End
Easy Plateau
Let It Ride
Chin Up, Cheer Up
Why Do They Leave
Cold Roses
Trains

Encore:

Strawberry Wine
Wish You Were Here
Lost Satelite
What Sin

A blistering set. Fucking brilliant. What Sin was sick... it was so good. The whole thing was brilliant. I marked Magnolia Mountain, Cold Roses, and What Sin as the sickest.

On at 10:07... off at 12:12.

i just got home from the show. it was so amazing. ryan was great with the crowd.

That was one of the best shows I've ever seen. I think they had redemption in mind from all the negative Naziville, TN post. Ry-dawg said a couple of times "this is a new one" or "we don't know what to call it yet but there ya have it". Amazing stage and light show...they went deep tonight.

oh yeah...his ass looked REALLY good too - for those interested. i even saw a little butt-crack action at one point when he and Neal (I think it was Neal, or was it Cat???) starting doing some type of karate, martial arts, whatever, kind of stuff.

Jul 28 Charleston SC Charleston Music Hall

First Set:

What Sin
Please Do Not Let Me Go
Shakedown on 9th Street
Blue Hotel
Beautiful Sorta
A Kiss Before I Go
Lost Satelite
Peaceful Valley

2nd Set:

Cold Roses
Hickory Wind
Harder Now That It's Over
Anybody Wanna Take Me Home
Dear Chicago
Nightbirds
Call Me On Your Way Back Home
The End
Houses On The Hill
Wish You Were Here
This Is It > Bird Song

Encore:

Elizabeth, You Were Born To Play That Part

Jul 29 Atlanta GA The Tabernacle

1st Set:

Beautiful Sorta
Magnolia Mountain
Winding Wheel
Please Do Not Let Me Go
Dear Chicago
A Kiss Before I Go
Rescue Blues
Meadowlake Street > Bird Song
The End
When The Stars Go Blue

2nd Set:

Sylvia Plath
Oh My Sweet Carolina
Let It Ride
Shakedown on 9th Street > Franklin's Tower > I See Monsters

Encore:
What Sin > Stella Blue > He's Gone
Hickory Wind
Wish You Were Here

Hey BC, you should text Ryan and tell him to come to Austin this fall.

Just a suggestion.

Aug 1 Nashville TN The Ryman

Peacefull Valley
Blue Hotel
Shakedown On 9th Street
What Sin
Dear Chicago
A Kiss Before I Go
Rip Off
Let it Ride
Please Do Not Let Me Go
Beautiful Sorta
The End
He's Gone (dedicated to Jerry Garcia)
Games
Oh My Sweet Carolina
Wish You Were Here
Magnolia Mountain
Two Hearts
Nightbirds
Wharf Rat

Good show, odd croud...a little short but good performances.
On @ 9:07

Off @ 11:12

Lotta people who were not so much in the know...people were really quiet during nightbirds...but someone did get kicked out from my vantage point (bottle throwing). No fault of the band at all.

I had a great time. I don't see how anyone could be the least bit dissappointed. the dumbass got kicked out and some guy was being a drunk and yelling shit so ryan said something like keep talking shit motherfucker and the song got restarted.

yea, it was sad that it happened here, but he didnt let it bring down the set and the guy got a warning from the staff. the whole show had a good vibe other than that stuff. haha, he said something about womens panties at the ryman too.

i think the highlight of the whole night was nightbirds.

Sweet Carolina was a moving surprise, though--and dedicated to his new nephew!

The shoes!!!!!!!!! :lmao: :heart:

RyanWhiteShoes.jpg

Re: Re: Ryan Adams Tour Dates

zoney! said:

I heard he could be pretty bad in concert...although this is near the end of the tour...and that could be a crap shoot...AND this venue is only four blocks from my home (high-five myself)!

STUMBLE IN....and STUMBLE OUT.

Drunk will only make the show better, right? RIGHT? :mad:

whoa you live in indy? xtreme.

I get to babysit while my ex-stepmom goes to that show :angry:

Aug 2 St Louis MO The Pageant

Peaceful Valley
Please Do Not Let me Go
Dear Chicago
What Sin
A Kiss Before I Go
Nightbirds
The End
Games
Shakedown On 9th Street
Franklin's Tower
I See Monsters
Stella Blue
Beautiful Sorta
Lost Satellite (with Neal Casal)
Dear John
Magnolia Mountain
Cold Roses
Mockingbird
Bartering Lines
Madonna, Sean and Me

Last edited:
Neal Casal opened and was amazing. Ryan played on all of the songs except the first, mostly drums, though he played guitar for 2 and sang for a couple.

Ryan went on at 9:55 and was off by 11:55 though I am assuming that was way past curfew. I had heard before that it was at 11. Ryan made a comment about how there would be no encore because he wanted to be offstage on time so he could play longer next time he came back. During the last song the lights came on though, so I'm thinking he was pretty far over on time.

The show was off the chain, ridiculously amazing. I swear, he was wonderful, too. So funny, lighthearted, charming...perfection.
Neal...wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. Okay.

Cardinals? Yeah, they are always superb, but Cat's vocals on Dear John? Uhhhh. She's so great.

Thank you, Ryan. Unbelievable.

xtreme?

O.K.

I see he went on at 9:02...does that mean someone is opening?

Doors were at 7pm and the show starts at 8:00 (it is one minute before). I am still going to walk over there after I finish my mini-frozen pizza.

Oh, and it is sold out...so hopefully there will be a ticket on the corner for me.

Thank you Kat!

WOW!

An amazing show. He is an outstanding performer!

Like the last post said...I did not have a ticket (and I am by myself due to the sig/other being on vacation). I walked down to the venue (that is the greatest thing ever). As soon as I crossed the street, I saw one of those guys with a "I need tickets" signs...you know the guys - they have the sign and they usually have tickets. Not this guy.

He directed me to the "guy in the Cubs hat." I walk over to the guy in the Cubs hat who is selling a single ticket to a guy with an orange afro (think carrot top). I say "Oh, is that a single?" He said "yes, but I can get another one. How much do you want to spend? $100? How about $80?" Carrot top seemed interested in paying that much. I snickered and started to worry about how much it was going to cost to get a ticket (scalping is LEGAL in Indiana).

I walked towards the entrance and did an about face when I saw this woman walk towards the crowd of people looking for tickets. She had a single, but there were four people standing there. I said "HOW MUCH?" She turned to me and said "Oh, I don't know...$25?" I ripped the cash out of my pocket and this woman started whining about how her friend was inside alone and yada yada yada...trying to get the ticket instead of me. The woman had cash in her hand, and we both ran for the door. I bought her a beer in appreciation for the ticket.

Ryan went on about :25 later (9:20). The fucking crowd was WAY too chatty. I pissed me off. And it pissed off Ryan too. He made a few comments shortly after I made a few comments to my neighbors.

I see Monsters was amazing. I am still pissed at people talking through his set....

He was off at 11:45ish

Aug 3 Indianapolis IN The Vogue

Please Do Not Let Me Go
Dear Chicago
What Sin
Cold Roses
Magnolia Mountain
Dear John
Mockingbird > 29 (with Beautiful Sorta fake out intro) > Mockingbird
A Kiss Before I Go
Games
Peaceful Valley
Bartering Lines > Expressway To Your Skull
The End
Skakedown on 9th St > Franklin's Tower > I See Monsters

Encore:
Lost Satelite
Hickory Wind > Beautiful Sorta > Wharf Rat > Beautiful Sorta
To Be Young
Cherry Lane

Bonochick said:
Aug 2 St Louis MO The Pageant

Peaceful Valley
Please Do Not Let me Go
Dear Chicago
What Sin
A Kiss Before I Go
Nightbirds
The End
Games
Shakedown On 9th Street
Franklin's Tower
I See Monsters
Stella Blue
Beautiful Sorta
Lost Satellite (with Neal Casal)
Dear John
Magnolia Mountain
Cold Roses