Ryan Adams on 'Angel' and other unexpected TV music moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I just picked up the DVD for the Fifth and final season of Angel, and the closing scene of the episode "unleashed" has Ryan Adams' "La Cienega Just Smiled." Just thought that was cool. Love random music I like in shows I like. This actually aired about a year and a half ago, but I didn't get a chance to see it when it aired.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Bob Dylan Victoria's Secret commercial. :huh:

:crack: that still scares the hell out of me.

new england news channel had a patriots/red sox championship video montage that they were showing for a while that played socail distortion's "when she begins". that was unexpected and very cool.

IWasBored said:
:crack: that still scares the hell out of me.
Yeah, that's some fucked up shit right there. You don't get me aroused with dancing women in their undies and then throw Bob Dylan's scraggly ass old man face at me. There are people in counseling for shit like that.

The Girl Next Door had a decent soundtrack (if movies count). I remember hearing Modest Mouse, Elliott Smith, the Verve, and the Who.

Last edited:
I was introduced to Jeff Buckley by hearing his version of Hallelujah on The West Wing, so that was a a pretty amazing unexpected TV music moment for me.

Bono's shades said:
I was introduced to Jeff Buckley by hearing his version of Hallelujah on The West Wing, so that was a a pretty amazing unexpected TV music moment for me.

Hallelujah (Buckley's version) was also on Without A Trace. It's one hell of a song.

I once heard PJ Harvey's One Line, from her Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea album, on Gilmore Girls. They even mentioned her name on the show; I think one of the characters was going to her concert and had to clarify to her friend that PJ was in fact a woman, :)

"shiny happy people" was in that stupid teenage witch show a few years ago. but that song sucks anyway.

Saracene said:
I once heard PJ Harvey's One Line, from her Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea album, on Gilmore Girls. They even mentioned her name on the show; I think one of the characters was going to her concert and had to clarify to her friend that PJ was in fact a woman, :)
What this thread needs:

pjharvey2001bb.jpg

Coldplays 'Trouble' featured at the end of the first season of 'The Shield' was was a bit of a suprise - mainly because it worked so well despite so many other shows using it previously.

Back
Top Bottom