Ryan Adams mouthing off again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
http://www.gloriousnoise.com/arch/000858.php

Interesting article, I tend to agree with alot of it. Im a fan of Ryan and Whiskeytown, and I agree with the writers assesment about Heartbreaker being ace and Gold dissapointing.

But the more I read from Ryan the more I think hes a whiny little bitch. I mean, make good music, be a rebel, but get over yourself man!

Oh well, .....waits for BC to chime in...

Elvis Presley said:
Oh well, .....waits for BC to chime in...

I won't argue with you. He's human. He's not perfect. Nobody is.

I'm familiar with all of this stuff because I regularly visit his message board and see all of his posts. The press has picked up on the fact that he posts there, and they float around the board, snapping up all of his posts that paint him in a more negative light. Not all of his posts are like that though, and it's a shame that the press doesn't reprint anything nice or positive that he says.

I think some of the problem may be that Ryan tends to not take things so seriously, so he just posts whatever he's feeling at the moment. Mayhaps he forgets just how many people are hanging on to his every word.

*thought*

I could never be a celebrity. Can you imagine if people swiped shit I posted online and put it in articles? I'd ruin myself in a week, I tell ya...they'd all think I was cracked. :laugh:

Bonochick said:
I could never be a celebrity. Can you imagine if people swiped shit I posted online and put it in articles?
that would be a wonderful concept :up:

Yeah, his posts about the White Stripes really bug me. Sam with his response to the author's criticism. Extremely childish, just flaunting his money, basically.

It's a shame, because I like his music, but the more I read of his interviews and his jabs at other artists, the less I like him as a person.

Diemen said:

It's a shame, because I like his music, but the more I read of his interviews and his jabs at other artists, the less I like him as a person.

He really is a good person. He's done lots of sweet things that the press will not give attention to...because that's not what gets attention.

Good opportunity for me to bring up this story again...

A friend of mine has cancer. She was posting about her chemotherapy at Ryan's message board, and Ryan asked for her address. He sent her a dozen roses and some records. We know that it was actually him because she thanked him publicly at his board, and he replied. Not to mention the times he comes online and just shoots the shit with us in a friendly way.

He is not all bad. Certain things rub him the wrong way, and he goes off on tangents at times. I think that he uses his board as a way to vent frustrations, which is not always the best idea.

By reading his message boards (which I finally did a little bit, just now), it's rather hard to tell if he likes or hates the White Stripes sometimes.

hehe, every similar thread listed was started by bonochick. :wink:

all i can say is that i too don't think it's a good idea for him to do his rants and ramblings on a public forum. i can certainly understand him wanting to get his thoughts out, because i do it all the time. i just think he should do it somewhere a bit more private. mayhaps he should start writing a journal.

KhanadaRhodes said:
hehe, every similar thread listed was started by bonochick. :wink:

:laugh: :reject:

Yeah...he should have a journal. He seems to come online more when his girlfriend goes home to England. I think he gets lonely, and his mind goes into overdrive.

Bonochick said:
:hug:

i could be the same way about duran duran, but i'm always afraid of starting a thread about them for fear of getting teased. :mad:

but yeah, i know what you mean about ryan. i'm that way even, when my husband's at work i'm on the computer all the time, but when he comes home i usually just hang around him. :laugh:

Adams_Every.jpg

shaun vox said:
his one song that ive heard is (i love you new york)or something, sounded like shit. i do not know why people mainly women like his music.

There are actually lots of guys who post at his board...and many Ryan fans that I've talked to dislike "New York, New York"...though I think it's mostly because it was popular, and some people think it's not cool to like popular things.

Last edited:
Diemen said:

I agree. He's very talented and also very immature.

BC is a good sport. :up:

Ryan posted this back on April 27th:

"We cant all be living art. Sometimes I want to be but its so dangerous. I myself feel hunger for real artists and am eager to want to see the best in what people do, but for instance, if someone were to do something hurtful to the White Stripes, who I am guilty of slagging, I would retaliate. They are brilliant and their being so earnest is easy to pick at."

I think he just gets caught up in things sometimes. He takes things to heart too often and let's too many people get under his skin. He's very sensitive about bad reviews. I was listening to a bootleg where he was rambling on and on about these journalists who had written a bad review about him. At another bootleg I listened to, he was going to perform a song, and he asked who the journalist was in the audience...so that he could ask the journalist if it would be okay for him to do it. Sometimes, it seems odd that he is famous because celebrities need to know how to deal with negative press and just move on. I think he sometimes has a hard time just moving on, and he often doesn't see the positive things that people say about him. Focusing on the negative so much though makes him negative...which gives the press more to pick apart.

It's a vicious cycle.

Ryan just posted at his message board:

Ive noticed alot of you responding to the posts left by Elvissinatra. This is what i know so far. At the ryan-adams-yahoo homepage place he is under THREE NAMES. ALL THE SAME PERON/ JAKE/. he runs Glorious Noise, an online zine, hack journalism at best. like No Depression without a genre oriented audience. Anyway his yahoo accounts are Pool Shark3, jgb95 and Elvissinatra. He is also in here responding to himself, the way he responds to himself at yahoo groups. Its to try and lead people to his web site, at the expense of you and myself. Jack Hackass all so had posted at Guitartown.Yahoo groups a carolina based message board for people down there. He asked if I was kicked off Guitartown and started some other thread about "SNAKE IN THE GRASS" warning people of himself, and how he would use posts that you made against you, or whatever, in his online forum. JACK IS ALSO A MEMBER OF THE VELVET ROPE "THIS MEMBERS ONLY MUSIC INDUSTRY CHATTER ROOM WHERE HE INVESTIGATED WEATHER OR NOT I HAD A 2 MILLION DOLLAR APAARTMENT. He actually POSTED his RESARCH on hios web site. He also called my fiance a "Heiress" which is so ridiculous that only someone with no class would have the balls to re-print unresearched. the fact that he gives such a fuck makes me suspect........Why does Jake have such a hard on for me? hmmmm. I suspect that besides running a shitty little web site we know this person. In any event, he is using more than one Sur-name arguing with himself to make his agruemnts more relevant. In any event I thought you should know. Its all very boring when they do it isnt it............

~~~~~~~~~~

"my fiance"

I guess that confirms the rumors that Ryan and Leona got engaged!!

Ryan getting married? Wow...:laugh: :applaud:

Last edited:
Bonochick said:
Anyway his yahoo accounts are Pool Shark3

How funny...I just realized that that is my friend's account...guess Ryan got mixed up on that one! :lmao:

Ryan just never seems to hold back. He says what's on his mind and just goes with whatever he's feeling. When you're famous and in the spotlight, that could be a problem. Though, in another respect, that's who he is, and he's not changing for anybody...that's kind of refreshing.

I'm probably his biggest fan at Interference, but I can't justify some things he says (nor do I really feel I have to...and I know you're not asking me to, but I'm rambling now, so let me go with it! :D ) other than to say "that's Ryan". Do I agree with it? Personally, I wouldn't say such things, and I think he can be a little crude at times. That's him though. To me, he's a good person who can say some pretty strong things when he gets riled up.

Bonochick said:
When you're famous and in the spotlight, that could be a problem. Though, in another respect, that's who he is, and he's not changing for anybody...that's kind of refreshing.
I agree, I actually like what I read about him

the only song of his that I know is New York, New York though
and I don't like that one at all

one of these days I'll d/l some of his stuff :up:

Last edited:
I know. I suppose I should have said can be MORE of a problem, since you are constantly subjected to public scrutiny.

Back
Top Bottom