Ryan Adams Giving Free Concert in NYC on 7/4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I thought I remembered hearing about this, but I don't know the details. Anyone going, or at least know anything more?

It's true.

Jesse Malin is the opening act.

4 p.m. in Battery Park.

I have more info...let me dig it up...

http://www.newyorkled.com/moreNYseasonal_4th_July.htm

Battery Park 4th of July Concert - Ryan Adams

Celebrate Independence Day in beautiful Historic Battery Park as singer/songwriter Ryan Adams takes the stage with his unique brand of pop-infused alt-countrywith opening act Jesse Malin. Bring a blanket and enjoy the Fourth of July in the Park.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Gates open at 1:30, Jesse should be on around 4:30, no alcohol, coolers, or bags.

As Ryan said on his message board...this show is "free as fuck".

Ryan's site doesn't have it listed as a tour date, but Jesse's does: http://www.jessemalin.com/shows.html

What I wouldn't give to be at that show. :sigh:

A lot of people from Ryan's message board are going, and people made me offers that would save me money on the trip, but I still can't spend the money. :(

:heart: Ryan & Jesse :heart:

33783%3B%3A%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A573%3B3%3C%3Bot1lsi

Trust me, I'm tempted. I've always wanted to go to NYC, and I thought this would be perfect timing. But even the money to travel to and fro is something I shouldn't spend. Thanks for the offer though...much appreciated!

I hope you are able to go...I'm sure it will be incredible. :)

u2popmofo said:

The crazy guy who used be a MTV VJ???

No!!!! :laugh:

I think that guy was Jesse Camp. Jesse Malin used to be in the punk bands Bellvue and D Generation. His latest release was a solo album though.

Bonochick said:

No!!!! :laugh:

I think that guy was Jesse Camp. Jesse Malin used to be in the punk bands Bellvue and D Generation. His latest release was a solo album though.

Hehe, I know. Everytime I hear Jesse Malin's name though, I automatically think of Jesse Camp. Not a pretty picture in my head.

I'm sure Jesse's MTV VJ-ing was a huge blow to all Jesse's worldwide. When it came to oddness, that guy wasnt messing around.

Jesse's awesome live! And funny too. :laugh: I've yet to see Ryan in concert.

:hmm: I think I should go to NYC for this.

Oh my gosh!!!

I'm on IM with a friend of mine who's living in NYC for the summer, and we might go together! Woohoo!!! :) :) :)

::crosses fingers::

When Ryan asked me what I wanted, my friends at the Ryan board said I should have asked him to fly me out to NYC for the concert and to be able to stay at his place. :laugh:

It looks like it might actually happen--I'm hoping this works. ;)

I haven't been to NYC for fun since 2001 (I was there on a service trip last year).

i dunno i still find them to be quite ammusing... maybe if the guy didn't blow a hissy fit everytime someone says a brian adams joke it wouldn't be quite as funny... but hey, that's just me. i'm probably gonna be in the city on the 4th, so i might just have to make a little trip downtown to see if someone yells out a waking up the neighbor's reference, just to get the chance to see the little whiner go ape do-do on the guy

Last edited:
Here's a bump, as I know a few of you are going. :)

A friend of mine at a Ryan board just posted this:

~~~~~~~~~~

Gates open at 2pm (but getting there early'd still be a good idea), enter through the State Street Entrance.

Want to hear it for yourself?
212-835-2789 option 4

~~~~~~~~~~

Have fun, those who are going!!!!! I am insanely jealous!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom