Ryan Adams - 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
File /files/7866190/01_29%20.html not found.

forget it. i don't care enough to bother with this any more.

this one's gonna be much better than Jacksonville City Nights..... I'm a sucker for RA's more depressing stuff.

I went to my favorite music store yesterday on my lunch hour...and they didn't have it in yet! :scream: :( They called me today though to say they have them in, so I'll go get my copy on my lunch hour today. :hyper:

It's great. It's better than Jacksonville, although that one did grow on me.

This album really feels like a country-bluesy version of Love Is Hell to me.

:up:

My brother got it for me for christmas. apparently he had to go to about 5 different store before he found one that carried it. so sad that RA gets no respect around here.

:bump:

Sorry to be late to the party.

I've tried to get into Ryan Adams in the past without a whole lot of success, but this album finally did it. Holy :censored: !

So if I am crazy in love with this album, what would you Ryan fanatics recommend I listen to next?

Bono's shades said:
:bump:

Sorry to be late to the party.

I've tried to get into Ryan Adams in the past without a whole lot of success, but this album finally did it. Holy :censored: !

So if I am crazy in love with this album, what would you Ryan fanatics recommend I listen to next?

It's generally be called a mix of Heartbreaker and Love is Hell. I definitely see more of a connection to Love is Hell, which is brilliant, moody, and evocative. But Heartbreaker is pretty much the quintessential RA album. So one of those two.

UnforgettableLemon said:

It's generally be called a mix of Heartbreaker and Love is Hell. I definitely see more of a connection to Love is Hell, which is brilliant, moody, and evocative. But Heartbreaker is pretty much the quintessential RA album. So one of those two.

Thanks! :up:

typhoon said:
I like it. I'd rank it above Jacksonville and below Cold Roses.

I would agree completely. I ranked Cold Roses as my favorite album of 2005 and 29 as my third favorite, with Antony and the Johnsons splitting the difference. If Ryan Adams wants to be prolific, that's fine with me. Lots of great stuff from him last year.

He's put out Cold Roses, Jacksonville City Nights, and 29. He also has a new song "Words" for the Elizabethtown soundtrack (volume 2), which also has "English Girls Approximately", not that that's anything new.

As for 29...I am currently addicted to "Strawberry Wine".

I haven't been able to get into JCN at all. However, I do like 29. Not as good as Cold Roses though :drool:

Cold Roses is my favorite Ryan album now. There are certain songs on JCN that I listen to a lot more than others, but I think it's a damn fine album. 29 threw me for a loop. I listened to it once all the way through, and I found myself with no desire to listen to it again right away. Not because it was bad, but...I have no idea. I'd never felt like that before after listening to an album. After posting such, I was flamed by some at the Ryan Adams board and blasted for not being a true fan. Ha! It is slowly creeping up to me as a regularly listened to album though. Like I said, I can't get enough of "Strawberry One", and I also adore "Blue Sky Blues"...oh, man...when he sings, "Because I know I'll lose what's left of my mind"...damn. I love how he delivers that.

Bonochick said:
I also adore "Blue Sky Blues"...oh, man...when he sings, "Because I know I'll lose what's left of my mind"...damn. I love how he delivers that.

:yes: :drool:

Sounds like I'm the same as LL. I feel like I still have to force myself to listen to JCN, even though there are songs on there that I really like. 29 really did it for me, but I still think Cold Roses edges it out in a close one. On 29, I've been really into "Starlite Diner." It came on shuffle on my iPod today, and I put down everything I was doing just to listen to it with full attention. So beautiful and touching...

RobotlandGirl said:

On 29, I've been really into "Starlite Diner."

The the first time I listened to it, I actually felt pained through it...I felt so bad that he was seemingly stood up. Then the last line comes, and I realized he wasn't, and I kind of felt weird, getting so seriously wrapped up in a song. But it's just that good.

These songs are amazing that way...I completely get lost in them. I think that's one of the reasons I love "Strawberry Wine"...I just get lost in the story. So many things run through my mind. It makes me wanna write again.

Back
Top Bottom