Russell Crowe...anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I am not sure what the current general opinion of Russell Crowe is. I still haven't seen a beautiful mind, but I have genuinely enjoyed some of his movies. I was just having a nice big think as I was making dinner about the nigth I saw him at Coffs Harbour Hotel, how much fun that was, how lucky I was , how goddamn gorgoeus he appears to be to me. I was thinking , hmmm that show must have been about a year ago, I wish he would do another one. I looked on the ticket and I saw him on the 7th August 2001, big desperately wamting to be agreat singer/songwriter that he is. I lik ethe wasy he listens with a serious face and then breaks into a smile, he's intent, bad temper too I guess, but I dunno, I like him.
I collected 2 pics of him from here quite a few months ago now. One of him lying down, very young, no shirt.b&w (if you saw it and like Russ u may recall) and a clour one at the Colesseum, not in costume with his hand in a salute across his chest. If there are any other Russ fans here who have pics, I would love to see a couple to celebrate the occassion,

I was wondering what made me think of him. The music? I am listening to Emmylou Harris Anthology. She. had just sung a duet with Roy Orbison and went into The Boxer. I think that may be too big a compliment for TOFOG. They were OK, but not great.
Anyway
:dance: :up: :heart: Russell. Do another gig pleaseeeeeeeeeee. I'll behave. gee my friends and I had had fun. Legendary. And me winning a jackpot on the pokies and rattling on about Irish stamps and jamie durie, lol...what a night.
Big Russ riding a fine horse, I wonder if a pic like that exists? hint . hint musiclovers.
charity case here , not enough net time....I could swap you a paul newman aww laura I'll write soon...no now, briefly. if I get the msg function right. I didn't know that about cool hand luke, that absolutely and utterly blew me away.I was so young when i saw it, it was a big old gut reaction I felt about it, he WAS luke, fine fine acting. Cheers yikes I'm sprung:D
but it is THe anniversary

me :heart: Russell!

334%3B874723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A7%3A%3E635%3EWSNRCG%3D323237%3C4329%3B%3Anu0mrj

334%3B874723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A7%3A%3E635%3EWSNRCG%3D323237%3C432828nu0mrj

334%3B874723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3234%3E%3A7%3A%3E635%3EWSNRCG%3D323237%3C4326%3B7nu0mrj

I personally don't find Russell to be that attractive (he has his moments), but I do think he's an excellent actor. I highly recommend A Beautiful Mind!

:yes: :up: :kiss:
you are so kind to me.
Thank You
apologies for the serious typos up there, bit of a Russ Rush going on it seems...u got the gist:sexywink:

I wish I could return the favour. I don't suppose there is much U2 in this world that hasn't already been seen.
This was good fun...

I went off a day early btw. Today is the 7th. It was Hiroshima Day yesterday .

Peace

Attachments

• u2rsoct89edge.jpg
    u2rsoct89edge.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 16
Back again:mac:
yes Russell has had the same band for several years now,Thirty Odd Foot of Grunt, old friends of his. They rehearse when he is home at the farm, not 100% sure about that. I know he made the local Harley Davidson dealer happy last year. He bought them a new bike each.,The TOFOG Boys. Noisy.
I have just been listening to a tape of one of their albums, Bastard Life or Clarity.I thought I'd share a lyric with you from the pen of Russell. I'd not listened to it closely before...oh dear:D
This is no different
I control my urge to ......??
Stalking your scent through the kitchen
This type of social gathering
Leaves open ends for speech
And I would talk to you
But I'm too stained(?)

**If you knew what I was thinking
You'd probably drown me in what you were drinking
I'd swim for shore, I'd swim for shore
I'd swim for shore
To hold you.........to hold you

Tired little shivers from across the room
Everytime I see you, you haunt me
I know that's it possible I have drowned
And it came true.....
You left him
And you want me

What boat are you in?
Is this the .......??
My precious, my queen
I'd take them all, I'd take them all
To hold you
And I'll hold you

Repeat **

I hope someone may be able to suggest the missing lyric. with his deep resonating voice I just can't make out those two words...and they seem critical to the story don't you think?
Don't give up your day job just yet, big fella:)
Thanks again girls.
And I'll leave something for laura, till we meet again

PS: Russ..... I'm in the dream boat btw:angel:

Attachments

• sundance.jpg
    sundance.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I really do like Russell Crowe as an actor and he is quite the sex symbol. :yes: :sexywink: I became a fan of his when "L.A Confidential" came out and an even bigger one when I saw "Gladiator". I used to check Maximum Crowe every day for new info and pics about him. My interest for him has died down a bit because he seems very unpleasant and arrogant in real life.

Some Russ pics:

russell1.jpg

pics.crowe.jpg

255367.jpg

crowe1.jpg

I would of loved to have known what the Jaimie Durie comment was all about Cass, he seriously cracks me up that guy and a friend of mine used to be a roadie with Manpower when Durie was in it and my o my some of stories I have heard, I would not dare even repeat them here, although I must admire him for having a bit of a brain when it came to his career, at least he is not that much of a has been, but did you ever see him on celebrity Who wants to be a Millionaire, I think if I remember correctly he got this question wrong- 'Who sang the song, back in the USSR' with the options being a hole heap of crap bands and the beatles and he got it wrong- poor old Jaimie......anyway went off on a bit of a side note there, by the way Russ is very drool worthy, I really liked him in the Insider but I think that I have liked him the most so far in his Aussie movies there seems to be a certain kind of innocence in the characters he has played here, excluding Romper Stomper, but I really liked him in the Sum of Us and Proof:)

You are so beautiful....to me:)

oh girls U R:angel:
I have just come to save the pics and have had a laugh, thanks to you, choosing names for the files, deciding yes, they should have a JD pic ( I LOVE Gilbert Grape:))
no, they don't need to see the one with Nicole Kidman blahhhh Nicole :tongue:
yes sweet daniellle:up:

when i started this topic I had no idea how this would turn out.
RC and EP...I'm impressed

hmmm I was going to attach a pic...I've just realised i deleted most of the Michael Hutchence ones. I was making her video covers a few years ago, must have had a clean out one day. I have 3 nice ones though.
Peace to you

Attachments

• mh5.jpg
    mh5.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 16
Naya or Cass, do you girls know what this trouble he is in is all about? I heard some snippet of a news story that some director is not happy with him at the moment as he is having some rather major tantrums on a new set he is on in France or somewhere. He wont come out of his trailer and talk to people and insisted on flying his personal chef over as he didn't like the food.
I hate it when stars get all spoiled. It could be media bashing of the Oz variety, who knows? They are still desperate to prove there is something going on with Nic. How happy would that make the media lol.

No Angela I don't.
I am given bundles of women's magazines occassionally that have the Hollywood goss( and don't I love it!!:D) Unfortunately, by the time I get them the magazines are about a year old.
But I shall endeavour to find out any fresh new tonight.

PLEBA? is there a Russell or Michael Hutchence topic at Pleba?
or is that a hint this kind of topic belongs in Pleba?
sorry if I posted in the wrong place...again.

k, noted .

I have just had a laugh though, maybe I do belong at PLEBA.
I transferred 94 images for the girls to see. I would guess at less 40% are of Bono and U2. There are so many stories they NEED to hear:D
I just heard Elvis Costello singing "Smile " on the radio. How beautiful and fragile...I didn't know Charlie Chaplin wrote that song. Sweet:)

Back
Top Bottom