Running with Scissors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved the book (and was disturbed by it at the same time), but am leery of the movie, which is getting some pretty bad reviews. It'll be a DVD watcher for me.

In other news, the real-life family portrayed so bizarrely in the book and movie won a lawsuit against the movie producers over their protrayal in the movie. Apparently the lawsuit against Burroughs is still ongoing.

The movie was only so-so, kind of disappointing really because the book was fabulous. Definately wait for it on video! It does have a good soundtrack though :sexywink:

I never read the book but I saw the movie last weekend. I didn't much care for it, over the top performances and general nothingness. I was bored and annoyed, but I'm sure some people might enjoy it. There was a guy a few rows behind me who was laughing his ass off, I didn't think it was all that funny-just depressing.

I totally disagree with you all. I thought the book was awful. I had no interest after the third chapter. I feel that he took his extremely wacked out life and made a joke out of it (which is all well and good but I really didn't want to read about his guardian praying to the poop)and I think the movie is only making it worse.

I probably just shouldn't have read it.:(

Back
Top Bottom