Running a Marathon???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
My wife just ran the Steamboat Marathon here in Colorado. Which by many is considered the 2nd toughest one in the U.S. Now, I've been doing triathelons for years and Ithought this thing was just crazy. She threw up four times at mile 18 to 21. Shes a trooper but jesus you couldn't have paid me to do it. Any of you guys do these crazy things?

That's awesome! Well, not about the throwing up part... :wink:

I'm working my way up to doing a marathon, but it may be a while before I'm at that level. I did my first 10k in April, and that went really well. I don't know if I'll be able to do a marathon next year, but hopefully in 2010!

I really enjoy running, and am also thinking about doing a triathalon some day, as I'm an excellent swimmer.

That's awesome! Well, not about the throwing up part... :wink:

I'm working my way up to doing a marathon, but it may be a while before I'm at that level. I did my first 10k in April, and that went really well. I don't know if I'll be able to do a marathon next year, but hopefully in 2010!

I really enjoy running, and am also thinking about doing a triathalon some day, as I'm an excellent swimmer.

Swimming is the key to a successful Tri. The rest is cake. I have a half-marathon comming up at the end of the month. I think you should try that next. Where did you do the 10K? We have one here in Boulder, Colorado every year called the Boulder Bolder and this year 54,000 people were there which was pretty cool to see.

Yeah, a half-marathon would be a good thing to attempt before trying the full! :) I did the 10k in Vancouver, BC (where I live). There were 59,000 people at the Sun Run, which was insane! I'm not a fan of large crowds, so the beginning was a little nuts, but thankfully it thinned out for the majority of the run.

I won't be able to do any other runs this summer, but I'm keeping my eyes open for something in the fall, hopefully. Right now I'm training for a 1 mile swim in the ocean, and that's at the end of July. After that I'll get back to running 3x a week (right now it's just 1, and 2 days swimming).

Back
Top Bottom