Run Lola Run Soundtrack - Anything Similar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Not a fan for techno, I was curious to know if anyone can recc'md anything similar to the Run Lola Run soundtrack? I really enjoy it and think it's kick ass. Any suggestions of things I might like if I like this soundtrack?

Thanks

There's a soundtrack for a movie from the same director, called The Princess And The Warrior. The music is a little more mellow, but I love both soundtracks. The movie's good too. :up:

maybe the soundtrack to "The Saint"?...I've never heard the RLR soundtrack, but they may be similar as far as genre

Remember when bonosgirl84 had that run lola run avatar?

Yeah, those were some good times.

:up:

Don't get me wrong, red x's have their merit too.

You may now continue...

Hmm. one of my favourite albums, one of my favourite movies, and I am a big electronica fan, so I damn well better have something important to say.

Here's my recommendation

Dubnobasswithmyheadman by a little band called Underworld.

Similar sort of dark, moody, pulsing, rhythmic, catchy, and beautiful, and ambient feel. Of course very different, but also one of the best albums ever made. I think there's some pretty important similarities..

And yes, the Princess and the Warrior soundtrack is qutie lovely, especially the song with Franka Potente which if you like RunLolaRun you will not be able to help but fall in love with. I happen to have an mp3 of it on my site. But please don't tell the feds.

If you want a wild ride, Underworld's live concert DVD "Everything Everything" is quite awesome.

You may also enjoy Leftism by Leftfield.

And while you're at it, look into Massive Attack. Protection is probably most like Lola. Mezzanine is much darker and creepier, but also better in it's way.

A sort of other recommendation would be Orbital. They are a bit less conventional, but look into the songs Halcyon On and On and the Box and the album In-sides (might take a bit of growing to get into).

Primal Scream might be another avenue of fairly similar music.

If you have any other questions about types of music, or what specifically in the music you're looking for, let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.

Airdrawndagger by Sasha might also wet your fancy, or perhaps some Way Out West, who are coming out with a new album rather soon.

Back
Top Bottom