Rumours about Final Harry Potter Book (SPOILERS INSIDE)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2@NYC

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Harry Potter to Die in Last Book of Saga

Harry Potter to Die in Last Book of Saga

According to a British newspaper, in the seventh book the author would end the existence of the young magician.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The young magician Harry Potter, central personage of the popular and successful series of books that takes its name, would die in the last novel of the writer J.K. Rowling, who may have decided to finish with the popular personage of fantasy.

According to the British press wrote today, the revelation was done by actor Jim Dale, the "voice" of Potter in the recordings of audio of the saga in the United States, briefed agency ANSA.

According to Dale, of 70 years and that met with Rowling to speak on the characterization of the protagonist, the British writer decided that in the seventh and last book of Harry Potter, the magician will die .

That book, whose title not yet was decided, will be ready for beginnings of 2007, " She (Rowling) has lived as much time next to Harry Potter that now will kill it ", declared the British actor.

Nevertheless, one refused to confirm how it will be the death of the magician of the Hogwarts school.

On the other hand, the protagonist of Potter, the English actor Daniel Radcliffe, declared that she suspected the death of Harry .

"I always had the suspicion that Harry would die", said the young actor. Rowling, that lives in Edimburgh and counts on a considered personal fortune in the 900 million dollars, indicated in the last weeks that glide to write a new series of infantile books.

"I have in mind a new infantile book that I like much and that I will begin to write after finishing with Harry Potter", affirmed the author.

(Source: Telam)

HelloAngel said:
Wow. What a buzzkill. :(
no shit.

can a mod change the thread title so that people can choose whether they'd like to read a spoiler like this?

how fucking rude.

:sad:

Spoilers make me want to kill things.

Eh, but we all could have spotted this one coming a million miles away...

U2democrat said:
How reliable is this anyway? :shrug:

It's just speculation.
Rowling's known as being very tight lipped when it comes to the books, so I would really doubt the validity of what he's saying.

It could be worse, the article could have said how he'll die.

(I heard he gets eaten alive by a pack of rabid wolves)

I can't imagine someone as publicity savvy as Rowling would let something this massive out of the bag.

I would take it with a huge boulder of salt.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Great.

Thanks for the spoiler.

Was there no way to title this thread WITHOUT saying that?

I'm sure I just quoted myself....

Anyway, I don't really believe this. But, if it does turn out to be true, I can't say I didn't see it coming.

However, its still kind of lame to title your thread like this.

Re: Harry Potter to Die in Last Book of Saga

Rowling's been teasing us with this for the last few years. Since the time that Goblet was put out, every schoolkid question & answer session she does lands her the question of "What's Harry going to do when he grows up?" She always replies, "That's if he grows up!" CNN.com always runs a little story when she says that.

That said, I have a feeling he won't die in the 7th book---for a good number of reasons. If you want to discuss, drop me an email: utooguy AT gmail DOT com. :)

All that aside, I wouldn't necessarily trust this article. It's a British newspaper, but not even written in English.... Jim Dale, a fairly respected and respectable actor, has much better grammar than this:

" She (Rowling) has lived as much time next to Harry Potter that now will kill it ", declared the British actor.

That's brilliant! After a few years or so, when fans are clamoring for a new book, she can resurrect Harry as a new character for adult audiences who will have read all the books as children. Automatic audience for the adult adventures of Harry Potter. No one ever stays dead if you can make money off them.:wink:

SPOILER

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

U2@NYC's source, Telam, is a Spanish-language source, so what we're reading here is a translation of a translation. That's why the grammar is so off. If you Google the story, you'll find it in plenty of English-language tabloids as well. Dale's actual quote was, "She's lived with Harry Potter so long she really wants to kill him off." Sounds more like a joke about her being ready to finish the series and get on with her life than a plot prediction.

Rowling herself has joked before that she might go ahead and kill the entire cast off, just to make sure she's done with them once and for all. Anyway, why would someone who earns their keep reading authors' works go on record as a spoiler? Not likely.

But tabloids make their living by lifting quotes out of context and putting the most melodramatic spin possible on them.

Well, everything is a rumor until it is published and I thought that would be implicit since the book has not even been finished. I apologize for not including the 'spoiler' in the title but I thought that would only apply until the book has actually been published...

As someone said, this is a rumor, which is all over the press and indeed comes from a Spanish-speaking source that was translated using Google.

And to the person who called me "fucking rude", :tsk: :rolleyes: and read the above.

U2Man, if I was entering a popularity contest, I would care more... if people consider me 'unpopular' for this, well then I guess I do not want to be 'popular' for them. In my opinion, some posters occassionally like to overreact and some other ones love jumping on someone else's bandwagon to uselessly emphasize a point. :tsk:

Last edited:
Recognize this guy?
Verttimact.jpg

It's not Harry Potter.

Back
Top Bottom