Rumours about Final Harry Potter Book (SPOILERS INSIDE)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm not nominating you for any thread title awards.

i think killing off harry could work. but whatever.

That picture is of a kid named Tim Hunter from a comic book The Books of Magic created by Neil Gaiman in 1990. He was a young man who gets recruited by John Constantine (like the movie Constantine) and other magical people because he is supposed to become the greatest wizard ever. He looks remarkably similar to Harry Potter, even got his own owl too. But Gaiman says the similarity is coincidental even though Gaiman created Tim first but I remembered him as soon as I saw a Harry Potter picture.

Dreadsox said:
All Horcruxs must be destroyed. Harry included.

That's the theory that so many folks seem to have, but I disagree.... Sure, we don't know what the last Horcrux is. And sure, a Horcrux is created after killing someone..and Voldemort killed Harry's parents before approaching Harry. The thing is, the spell that Voldemort used on Harry was in fact Avada Kedavra---the killing curse. You don't try to kill the thing you're trying to make a Horcrux (in fact, all the other Horcruxes we know of were things, not people)....but he was trying to kill Harry....:yes:

U2@NYC said:
Well, everything is a rumor until it is published and I thought that would be implicit since the book has not even been finished. I apologize for not including the 'spoiler' in the title but I thought that would only apply until the book has actually been published...

As someone said, this is a rumor, which is all over the press and indeed comes from a Spanish-speaking source that was translated using Google.

And to the person who called me "fucking rude", :tsk: :rolleyes: and read the above.

U2Man, if I was entering a popularity contest, I would care more... if people consider me 'unpopular' for this, well then I guess I do not want to be 'popular' for them. In my opinion, some posters occassionally like to overreact and some other ones love jumping on someone else's bandwagon to uselessly emphasize a point. :tsk:

Don't worry, dude. If people were as avid fans of HP as they were of U2, they would've seen such stories already. CNN.com really does run them once about every 6 months, as that's about how often Rowling teases kids about the possibility of Harry dying. (the fact that she talks about it so much is one of the dozen reasons why I don't think it'll happen...).

It's the same thing about talking about Snape killing Dumbledore (but he's still good....we can start another whole topic on that one! and I'd love to take part in it!). It's been 5 months since the book came out. How long do people who've read it have to be quiet about reading the damn book? If you were really into it enough that a spoiler would really kill you, you'd have read the dang book 5 months ago.

^
people have been talking about Harry dying in the final book for so long now. All the Harry Potter message boards (not that I frequent them :shifty: ) are full of either

"his scar is the final horcrux"

or

"Voldemort is Harry's father" :rolleyes:

or

"[insert male character here] is so hot"

or

"Dumbledore isn't dead!"

I'd like to see Harry die, I guess. I much prefer the darker characters/storylines in regards to those books. I wasn't sad to see Dumbledore go at all.

Last edited:
I really doubt Rowling would have told anyone the end of her 7th book. I have no idea if Harry Potter dies or not, but it's not her kind to do such things, like devoiling such a *punch*.

I don't really believe what you wrote, as your source is not clear anyway.

I don't think they would reveal such vital information before the last book comes out. (remember the prophecy?)

(I know I'm late joining in here, but I was away for a long time.)
The ''Potter's a doomed Horcrux'' thing... no disrespect intended, . Tell us something we haven't heard rumours about for at least years. It isn't news.

Old Dumbledore's about as dead as I am, in my opinion. There are about 12 billion clues throughout book 6 on this one.... the way he acted during his 'last moments' was completely out of character. The way he supposedly died (and the Phoenix's response) was entirely out of sync with the mythology that Rowling has always referenced carefully. It doesn't add up.

If Dumbledore does turn out to be dead and not resurrected ala Gandalf (no, not Bob), I will eat my own poo and post pictures of the event here.

:ohmy:

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:

U2Man, if I was entering a popularity contest, I would care more... if people consider me 'unpopular' for this, well then I guess I do not want to be 'popular' for them. In my opinion, some posters occassionally like to overreact and some other ones love jumping on someone else's bandwagon to uselessly emphasize a point. :tsk:

Well said, buddy! Very well said indeed! :up:

I just realized that this is an old thread! Sally bumped it up! :mad: :wink:

Originally posted by Zootlesque I just realized that this is an old thread! Sally bumped it up! :mad: :wink:

Yes, dear - hence the use of "(I know I'm late joining in here, but I was away for a long time.)"

jump.gif
jump.gif
jump.gif

jump.gif
jump.gif
jump.gif
jump.gif

I can see how much you've missed me, zootle. :lmao:

Last edited:
Just for the record: I've attached someone's livejournal half-essay on Snape and Dumbledore's roles in Book 6, in case anyone still cares. It's been around for a few months and isn't academic - it is very speculative, as is most of this type of discussion.Nonetheless, it obviously involved a lot of work, and analyses quotes from ALL the books. My friend found and archived it, and we'd love to know the original author is.

Attachments

• good snape.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Forgot to say - page 4 of that document I attached is where it gets really interesting! “I can teach you to brew fame, bottle fortune, and even put a stopper in death” - Snape

lmjhitman said:
can a mod change the thread title so that people can choose whether they'd like to read a spoiler like this?
i don't know how this was missed the first time around, but i'll edit the thread title now.

if you're going to post info about a book that hasn't even come out yet, it's best to not spoil it. thank god i don't like harry potter but still...geez. :|

KhanadaRhodes said:

i don't know how this was missed the first time around, but i'll edit the thread title now.

if you're going to post info about a book that hasn't even come out yet, it's best to not spoil it. thank god i don't like harry potter but still...geez. :|

Oh christ, do people honestly believe everything they read on the internet (or anywhere)?

:rolleyes:

i don't read harry potter books and like you said it is just speculation, but i don't want people to get upset about it. i suppose if you were a big enough fan of the series you could avoid any articles or threads about rumours and speculations so as to not potentially spoil the series. i figured better to be safe and edit the title than to keep it as is and have people come back and be upset that the title was still what it was :shrug:

hay everybody

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!

sorry, I know nothing about Harry Pothead. -goes back to reading See Spot Run-

:up: to this very silly thread. Me likes Potter... and, having just read through a 14 page thread (in a desperate attempt to induce sleep), I needeed some light relief.

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:

It's not me, is it? :(

sallycinnamon78 said:

Old Dumbledore's about as dead as I am, in my opinion. There are about 12 billion clues throughout book 6 on this one.... the way he acted during his 'last moments' was completely out of character. The way he supposedly died (and the Phoenix's response) was entirely out of sync with the mythology that Rowling has always referenced carefully. It doesn't add up.

:up:

I remember making a list of the points (as you do...) that seemed out of character with his death and the events leading up to his death.

I am actually really desperate to find out what happens, having re-read them recently. 2007 seems so damn far away.

beau2ifulday said:

:up:

I remember making a list of the points (as you do...) that seemed out of character with his death and the events leading up to his death.

I am actually really desperate to find out what happens, having re-read them recently. 2007 seems so damn far away.

Yay! An ally! Thanks. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom