Rum Jungle, Northern Territory Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. "Eighth" looks like a totally wrong, foreign word now. How the hell did it get to be spelled like that?!

Even sober I feel like I'm spelling it wrong! :laugh:

Three glasses of wine down, don't even feel tipsy.

Danny nails a penalty and it's 21-10 to New Zealand. :hyper:

God, Australia were lucky just then. New Zealand had a sure try on, but fumbled and half time was called. 21-10 to the All Blacks with half the game to go. And we're just laying waste to the Wallabies; thumping tackles and shit. :up:

And I'm onto my fourth glass now.

Is it true that they put tape around their ears in rugby to prevent guys from ripping them off? :no:

Yeah, if you're stuck at the bottom of a maul, you better watch out for shoe studs! Some short-haired/bald forwards wear this thin head cover so that studs don't rip nasty gashes in their scalp.

Yeah, if you're stuck at the bottom of a maul, you better watch out for shoe studs! Some short-haired/bald forwards wear this thin head cover so that studs don't rip nasty gashes in their scalp.

Proof that some witty ABC guy was right in naming the game "thugby".

Of course, he also called AFL "footbrawl", which was pretty accurate too. :wink:

You guys may find this of interest. Based on current stats on U2gigs (and remember I often find more in old boots), songs with 20+ snippets:

Bad - 54 individual snippets
One - 37
Beautiful Day - 36
Vertigo - 35 (easily the record for most snippets in a short space of time!)
Discotheque - 35
The Electric Co. - 32
Elevation - 30
Desire - 29
Bullet - 28
Mysterious Ways - 24
Angel Of Harlem - 20

And ISHFWILF just misses out with 19.

Bad's 54 snippets:
40, Alison, All Down The Line, All I Want Is You, Amazing Grace, Biko, Candle In The Wind, Champagne Supernova, Cielito Lindo, Dirty Old Town, Don't Let Me Down, Everybody Hurts, Fight For Your Right (To Party), Fool To Cry, Help, Higher Love, I Want To Take You Higher, I'm On Fire, I'm Waiting For The Man, If You Love Somebody, Set Them Free, In The Garden, Irish Heartbeat, John I'm Only Dancing, Let It Be, Love Will Find A Way, Molly Malone, Ne Me Quitte Pas, Never Tear Us Apart, Norwegian Wood, Oh Holy Day, Old Man, People Have The Power, Rain, Ruby Tuesday, Satellite Of Love, Sexual Healing, So Cruel, Sweetest Thing, Sympathy For The Devil, Take Me To The River, The Drugs Don't Work, The First Time, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, The Maker, Time Is On My Side, Walk On The Wild Side, Walk To The Water, Waltzing Matilda, When I Look At The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Wild Horses, Yahweh, Yellow, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Proof that some witty ABC guy was right in naming the game "thugby".

Of course, he also called AFL "footbrawl", which was pretty accurate too. :wink:

Did he use my "American pansyball" term too? :wink:

Kiwis score again! 26-10. Killer play and Nonu's not having a bad game for a change. What a good try. Thank you for coming, Australia! :drool:

So when Bono gets a new male dog, does he take it to the vet to be snippeted?

:lmao: Fucking classic.

And hahahaha, Australian commentators can't pronounce Ma'a Nonu either. It's not Ma A Nonu!

Woah, fucking SWEET conversion from the sideline by Carter; that's 28-10.

SuperWin. :up:

Was Beer our fastest thread? We need make it through one even faster!

Yes, Beer is our fastest. I've been saying for a while we need to arrange a time that we're all here and churn through a thread. I think it can be done in 3 hours.

God, one Aussie guy's on the bench with cuts all over his face. Thugby alright!

You know on the Popmart tour, when Bono would play his guitar out onto the B-stage at the end of LNOE.. I always wondered..

is it plugged in?

I think it was more for show, though I do remember hearing something on some bootlegs. He wasn't wearing it as badly as in One on U2 3D, when he CAN'T actually be playing. God, that's laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom