Rum Jungle, Northern Territory Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Ian has sown the seed for me. And it's raining....I :heart: going to sleep listening to the rain.....

Bed is calling :yes:

Don't you all pike just before I'm about to get drunk. :grumpy:

:wave:

Fish for the win. They don't bug me by stealing shit or hopping on benches or anything. They just keep on swimming. :up:

:shifty: *sneaks back in and tries to look innocent and not give away the fact she's snobbed the Superthread for a Jigsaw....but damn that was a fucking big caterpillar she just put together*
:lol:

Welcome back from caterpillar jigsaw land!

hawks are a lil shaky .
im jumping off the maggies. :angry: for now .
i think the hawks will play geelong for the flag, prob wont win,
geelong back 2 back and hawks will take it next year.

Sounds fair.

my cat is such a bitch. she's taken to jumping up on the kitchen bench. at the ripe old age of 9, i reckon she better fucking stop it as quickly as she started it.
:angry:
she hates me, this cat..

my bitch cat pissed off at that age, we hated each other for ages, i only let her live because she caught mice, and then one day she ran away

You once owned a cat? :ohmy:

i'd say the cat owned jen, making her bitter because she couldn't control it. then the cat realising one day "why am i bothering here?" took off for greener pastures. jen now tells people the cat ran away. really, the cat escaped.

You once owned a cat? :ohmy:

i used to have lots of cats as a kid and yes, owned one for 9 years. i fucking hater her, she hated me , but she had a purpose. she survived 4 house moves and caught many mice and birds, and then one day i went to work for the weekend and came home and she wasnt there, i dont know if shewas stolen or went away to die or what :shrug:

i even felt some guilt.

still hates cats.

i iz gettin drunk, banrock station white shiraz, oh lordy we stoopin low !

I've got some Windy Peak cabernet merlot that I'll get stuck into in about an hour. I wanted pinot noir and there was even a Central Otago one at the bottle shop that I don't doubt would've been good, but all the pinot noirs were just too expensive for me today. I ordinarily might've picked one up, but I ended up having to pay more than I expected on groceries, so that slashed the wine budget.

Still smarting from that loss to St. Kilda...

so :D again!

If you beat both Fitzroy and Richmond, I'll make it a point to keep reminding you that you lost to a team whose headquarters are now in Frankston. :tongue:

I take it they've recovered from their mysterious malaise, then?

Sort of. They're still hiding behind the log a fair bit, but they're swimming around more and are happy to come up to the top.

My mother's wondered if they're just cold. This week has been the coldest week of the year at my place, and perhaps the old dirtier water was warmer than the new water I've put in? But I really don't think so. Last year was even colder inside my place, as for most of winter I had poor insulation due to windows being replaced and not fully finished for ages, and they didn't behave like this.

i used to have lots of cats as a kid and yes, owned one for 9 years. i fucking hater her, she hated me , but she had a purpose. she survived 4 house moves and caught many mice and birds, and then one day i went to work for the weekend and came home and she wasnt there, i dont know if shewas stolen or went away to die or what :shrug:

i even felt some guilt.

still hates cats.

Wow, I really can't imagine you owning a cat! But that gives your dislike of them some context ...

i'd say the cat owned jen, making her bitter because she couldn't control it. then the cat realising one day "why am i bothering here?" took off for greener pastures. jen now tells people the cat ran away. really, the cat escaped.

:lmao: This sounds plausible!

I remember reading an article that tried to scientifically establish that cats aren't actually domesticated per se, but have just taken on domesticated characteristics since it gets them what they want, i.e. food and shelter, and they really own their owners, not the other way around.

my hatred of cats has alot to do with my "whatever the fuck is wrong with me personality disorder " - aka they freak me out now and i have allergies and am phobic of them .

most animal fur gives me asthma and a rash , thus my preference for amphibians, reptiles and fish.

getting some hermit crabs soon ! :hyper:

what was wrong with ya fish ax?

i cant remember what kind you have, were they just cold?

They're zebrafish. Over the weekend, I changed their water as it was the dirtiest it's ever been (which surprised me, I'd kept it refreshed, but I guess it just built up more than usual somehow). In the couple of days before I changed the water, they'd hid behind their log, but that's their normal behaviour when the water gets too dirty for their liking and is a good indication to me that I need to do a full tank clean. However, after I put in the clean water (I did everything exactly the same as normally), they hid behind their log even more. They were even reluctant to come out for food at the start of the week, and didn't want to know about the top half of the tank. They've been venturing out a bit more now, though, and have been eager to come to the top when I feed them, like normal.

my hatred of cats has alot to do with my "whatever the fuck is wrong with me personality disorder " - aka they freak me out now and i have allergies and am phobic of them .

most animal fur gives me asthma and a rash , thus my preference for amphibians, reptiles and fish.

getting some hermit crabs soon ! :hyper:

Oh, I know what you mean about asthma - most breeds of dogs absolutely fuck with me. I was fine with cats as a child, but since I haven't lived around them for a decade, I'm now not sure if I'd be OK. Dogs also cause my sinuses to go absolutely haywire.

Fish and birds, on the other hand, are great. Never owned any amphibians or reptiles, though.

i never do a full tank clean , do a 25% once a week with a gravel vac, much better , and far less of a shock .

what temp do you run their tank at? is all your equipment working? no one has died or become more dominant? breeding pehaps? range of questions to work on .

:lol: Do your worst...

I saw the Hawks beat Fitzroy at Waverly Park... oh how times have changed!

Heh, I only recently discovered that I'm actually within walking distance of Windy Hill and it seems like such a shame that it's not used any more. The whole thing of playing a "home" game at the MCG one week and an "away" game at the MCG the very next week is just a total fucking joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom