Rum Jungle, Northern Territory Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen Jackie Chan promoting either Visa or the Olympics for months.

I feel like that stupid "send a message of support to our Olympic athletes!" thing has been advertised all year here.

Hah, it's a traditional thing in my family, on both sides. When I was little, I'd spend every second weekend with my wine snob father, and all winter, he'd get out the wine and snacks during the rugby. Then on the other weekends, Mum and I would often go around to my Nan's and she did exactly the same thing! The only difference was Nan bought cheaper wine than my father and was more happy to let me make a pig of myself with the cheese and crackers.
That's cute :cute:

In my house we just musicals or disturbing dramas (or both) and eat cake.

I'm fucked if I know.

Apparently we might pick up a few medals. Beyond that, I'm unsure.

Still wish the rugby 7s was an Olympics sport as well as a Commonwealth Games sport, as we'd dominate that.

has NZ won medals for anything except cycling?

Plenty of stuff. Mark Todd cleaned up in equestrian for a few Olympics, I remember what's-his-face Loader took out some swimming events prior to Thorpe's rise, and we're strong at stuff like yachting and rowing.

In fact, in the 1984 Olympics (I think), we got more golds than Australia. That's what spurred you lot to inject shitloads of money into sport since you hated that we outdid you! :lol:

It's got more countries likely to win it than 80 minute rugby.

Aren't the USA the current Olympic rugby champions?

Amusingly enough, yes. Since it was last held in like 1924, when the western US states were actually not bad at rugby and it was the most popular football code there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom