Rum Jungle, Northern Territory Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a post-modern superhero film based off of the graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. It's as much of a satire of superhero comics as it is on Cold War politics... if you were to ever read a comic book, I'd suggest it be this one.

It won the Hugo Award, is on Time Magazine's 100 Most Influencial Books of the 20th Century, and is regarded as the best graphic novel of all-time.

I greatly enjoyed it, but what do I know?

Ahh, now that you mention it, I've heard of that before and it sounds like it'd be a fairly interesting read.

i have everyone beat for summer weather.

tomorrow: high of 100, humidity is ~85%

this will tie the record high for tomorrow; our average high is 91. gg global warming!

I, uh, think I'll pass.

We're finally getting some vaguely wintery weather here. :up:

:lol:

She'll become familiar with my pimp cane, then.
(Yes, I have this plastic pimp cane.)

Ah, but my cane is deadly. It's made of carbon fibre; splinters of that are fatal if they enter your bloodstream.

You may keep the humidity, Khan. It doesn't seem to want to leave here.

I'm sure folks will be pining for it once winter arrives next week, but that's how Canucks are. We love to complain about our weather.

You may keep the humidity, Khan. It doesn't seem to want to leave here.

I'm sure folks will be pining for it once winter arrives next week, but that's how Canucks are. We love to complain about our weather.

You should see Australians. We have a hot spell, 35+ for days on end, some days past 40C, and everybody's just about pleading with the sky for some relief. Then a cool change moves through, it drops to 20, and a couple of days later, everybody's bitching about how cold it is!

You should see Australians. We have a hot spell, 35+ for days on end, some days past 40C, and everybody's just about pleading with the sky for some relief. Then a cool change moves through, it drops to 20, and a couple of days later, everybody's bitching about how cold it is!

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom